HID H1 High Beam Help

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Me and funky have both had problems with the hids from this particular ebay seller. Ie they flicker badly and randomly turn off. I think funky has now had 2 sets and I've had 1 but now just got fedup and gave up. Lee, I'll try what you suggest at the weekend but cant see it making any difference, I know the hids will draw a bigger current on startup but once ignited, which is when we have the problem, they should draw less than the standard bulbs. Personally I think they are a duff batch.
I gave up on the seller when he specifically asked me to return them using a carrier that didnt require proof of receipt. or to be more accurate he asked me to avoid using carriers that do.

Last edited:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Me and funky have both had problems with the hids from this particular ebay seller. Ie they flicker badly and randomly turn off. I think funky has now had 2 sets and I've had 1 but now just got fedup and gave up. Lee, I'll try what you suggest at the weekend but cant see it making any difference, I know the hids will draw a bigger current on startup but once ignited, which is when we have the problem, they should draw less than the standard bulbs. Personally I think they are a duff batch.
I gave up on the seller when he specifically asked me to return them using a carrier that didnt require proof of receipt. or to be more accurate he asked me to avoid using carriers that do.

my dipped beam used to flicker like crazy, it really started to wind me up after a while so I made up a secondary loom to run them straight from the battery = no more flickering now :)

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
I'll give it a try danny, cant do any harm as I've paypal disputed him and they are sat here doing nothing anyway. Cant see it resolving the random switching off - tho you never know.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
dholdi - would be interested to see how you get on with the loom mate.

ive now got a massive parcel to send back to China! Nitemare, ive asked him to make sure he recompenses me for postage, he owes me over £70!

I am now deciding whether to go dianeshop, hids4u.co.uk or mydepot.....not sure what to do........

might go dianeshop and clearly if i did have the same problem again it will be to do with the car and voltage and il have to buy the battery loom!

Rich

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
dholdi - would be interested to see how you get on with the loom mate.

ive now got a massive parcel to send back to China! Nitemare, ive asked him to make sure he recompenses me for postage, he owes me over £70!

I am now deciding whether to go dianeshop, hids4u.co.uk or mydepot.....not sure what to do........

might go dianeshop and clearly if i did have the same problem again it will be to do with the car and voltage and il have to buy the battery loom!

Rich

mydepots...

Never had an issue, and have fitted 5 sets on various cars (both Seat & non).

Get my vote every time!

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
well if the kit is faulty he will give me back postage, if it isn't he won't! :(

mydepots is where i got my LCR ones i think, i think i might order my third set from there then :D

blighty

You could try http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=38{11}67{3}11{2}9

I know a few people who have used these with no issues, Ive just ordered my set.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.