How do I install aux line in?

punk beatz

Apr 11, 2009
Hi guys,

Recently bought a Belkin Tunebase II FM transmitter. It broke after 6 weeks when it fell apart in my cigarette lighter! I'm waiting for it back from repair at the moment, but I'm wondering how simple it is to install an aux in line in the car instead of using the repaired transmitter they'll send back to me. The audio quality is really average on it and there's a constant low hissing noise that gets on my nerves.

I've never messed with my car before but I really want to get clear sound from my iPod and don't fancy paying a garage a lot to get it done.

Any advice?

Cheers!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I had the same problem as you fella.
In the end I saved up and bought a new Head Unit as the transmitters quality is aweful and well.. everything was a lot of hassle

I've still got that Sony head unit down in the garage. its the one with DAB
Link
http://www.trustedreviews.com/multimedia/review/2006/01/26/Sony-CDX-DAB6650-In-Car-DAB-Head-Unit/p1

If you want it you can Have it for £50 (+ Whatever the Postage Is) as long as you promise to send back the CD that's in the drive as its not mine!
the cd is "The Bronx" and from your name I assume you'll enjoy it!

punk beatz

Apr 11, 2009
CJRamze, cheers for the info mate. I'm not bothered about the head unit, but thanks for the offer. The Bronx - top quality!

Roccotune, yes it's just the standard alana head unit. I haven't installed a new head unit since buying the car three years ago.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.