How do u clean the egm?

valley boy 11

Heard a lot about cleaning the egm on here, Where is this under the hood, any instructions on how to do this? just wondering could this cause the alarm im getting(diagnosis*/excess pollution), cheers guys.

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
HAHAHA EGM!

do you mean EGR or is everyone gonna laugh at me?

The EGR will be the pipe connected to the top of the engine and going into the air flow after the MAF I believe.

What car what engine (engine code helps )

valley boy 11

Yea thats what i meant(doh!)

Yea thats what i meant?
leon fr150 tdi 54 plate, dont fancy booking the car in to be checked in to my local diagnostics
garage( they've ripped me off 2 many times!), was thinking of disconnecting the battery to c if the warning light goes out?

valley boy 11

All that goes over my head, dont fancy pulling stuff off, when im not sure what im doing, the car is going well at the moment, so will try and get my mate to have a look at it (he's more mechanical than me). but thanks for the help! going to look on ebay now for some mods?

valley boy 11

sorry mate, i didint complete the sentence, kids woke up screaming! I was going to right
going to look on ebay for some mods- any recommendations?

valley boy 11

trying to find out where and how much thatl cost me, not much choice down here in the valleys! plus waiting to sell my bike to raise some much needed funds!:lol:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members