How many miles per full tank?

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
I won't be buying anymore Miller's. Got enough for one more tank I think. Ive event tried the double shot of putting 4 lots in one tank and still no miracle ;)

As for the CC-1 map, it's great. Much more torque, car really pulls now and pulls all the way to 5k. As standard it wasn't worth going past 4k, that's all changed with CC-1. MPG wise it's definitely not any worse. Problem is it's now even more tempting to boot it a little more often but I have seen 60.8mpg average on my 35 mile trip to work which is a mixture of A/B roads and town traffic (Newcastle). To be honest though I reset Trip 2 every tank and over the course of a tank i'm getting 48mpg which is 2 up from before the remap.

Engine was mapped with about 6700 miles on the clock so quite tight still. Hitting 9k now and MPG going up nicely. Only thing I have noticed is a bit of DMF resonance if you tried to boot it below 2k in the wrong gear as a whole load of torque comes in. Drop down one and problem gone. No clutch slip what so ever so far *touch wood*.

I too tried the double-dose - I too found it made sweet F.A difference! At least there is only enough left for a final tankfull....

Am seriously considering a remap, but so much choice I am a bit unsure where to go for one.

What sort of power/torque do you see with the CC remap? Don't want a clutch-frying remap so it looks at if no more than 300 ft-lbs is on order.

Oh decisions decisions!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
doesn't sound a good idea to me :shrug:

So long as your cap is air tight and won't leak, its fine to fill to the brim.
Diesel won't expand like petrol will as they have different flashpoints. Diesel needs alot more heat to get warm enough to evaporate off (+55 degrees) where as petrol evaporates off at very low temps (-43) so needs room for expansion.
Thats why diesel is deemed to be safer, and also why you very rarely smell diesel when you pull up to a filling station (unless someone has spilt it) but you can smell petrol.
I fill mine to the brim all year around and i've never had a spill or expansion problem :)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I fill mine to the brim all year around and i've never had a spill or expansion problem :)
Me too, have done it since day one with the Ibiza, and with the Passat, never had any leakages.

My remapped Mk4 Ibiza TDI 130 averages 520 miles per tank, over the last 3 tanks that's an average of 48.5 mpg (trip computer reports average of 50.4, so not a million miles out).

Can be arsed reading back through the thread to see if it's been mentioned, but ages back we had a "Mk4 Ibiza most miles to a tank" challenge and IIRC the record was close to 700....

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
I too tried the double-dose - I too found it made sweet F.A difference! At least there is only enough left for a final tankfull....

Am seriously considering a remap, but so much choice I am a bit unsure where to go for one.

What sort of power/torque do you see with the CC remap? Don't want a clutch-frying remap so it looks at if no more than 300 ft-lbs is on order.

Oh decisions decisions!

Suppose to be up to 195bhp & 300 lb'fts. Hoping to make it to a local RR session 6th March so might have a rough figure then.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
So long as your cap is air tight and won't leak, its fine to fill to the brim.
Diesel won't expand like petrol will as they have different flashpoints. Diesel needs alot more heat to get warm enough to evaporate off (+55 degrees) where as petrol evaporates off at very low temps (-43) so needs room for expansion.
Thats why diesel is deemed to be safer, and also why you very rarely smell diesel when you pull up to a filling station (unless someone has spilt it) but you can smell petrol.

Thanks for the explanation.

i suppose you wouldn't know your cap wasn't airtight until you swung it round a left hander and diesel sloshed all owa t' place !!,

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Thanks for the explanation.

i suppose you wouldn't know your cap wasn't airtight until you swung it round a left hander and diesel sloshed all owa t' place !!,
Thats the easiest way to find out :lol:
Its unlikely that the cap wouldn't be an airtight seal as manufacturers don't like buying new engines for you because their badly fitting fuel cap let water in.
I'm pretty sure that you would be safe to do this, but if you do notice any leaks then obviously don't put so much in next time.:)

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
IF you are f illing it take it easy for a few miles or fill at beginning of a long journey so you will use a bit, even just half of the filler neck would be enough to stop spillage. I've never noticed any spillage from brimming it.

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Me too, have done it since day one with the Ibiza, and with the Passat, never had any leakages.

My remapped Mk4 Ibiza TDI 130 averages 520 miles per tank, over the last 3 tanks that's an average of 48.5 mpg (trip computer reports average of 50.4, so not a million miles out).

Can be arsed reading back through the thread to see if it's been mentioned, but ages back we had a "Mk4 Ibiza most miles to a tank" challenge and IIRC the record was close to 700....

Wow, 520 miles on a mk4 tdi 130. Thats the same engine i have and i havn't got 400... i have some millers i will try so as of Monday i will try to get over 400 if i'm lucky. ( i also have a bit of a load in the car though )

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Thats the easiest way to find out :lol:
Its unlikely that the cap wouldn't be an airtight seal as manufacturers don't like buying new engines for you because their badly fitting fuel cap let water in.
I'm pretty sure that you would be safe to do this, but if you do notice any leaks then obviously don't put so much in next time.:)

thas too late now wi warning, filled right up t top (72ltr), swung round said lefthander, diesel spewed all owa t' place, motorbikikalist following slid on it, he went for a burton, shouting "hoy yer ******" as he went arse over tit, I shouted back, "hoy, don't blame me, blame 'daveyonthemove'" :D:D:whistle::blink:

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
What exactly do i need to do to vent my leon mk1 tdi when im filling it. i usually fill it so it's at the top of the filler neck, but to do this i've to stand there for ages trickleing the fuel in. Is there an easier way.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
thas too late now wi warning, filled right up t top (72ltr), swung round said lefthander, diesel spewed all owa t' place, motorbikikalist following slid on it, he went for a burton, shouting "hoy yer ******" as he went arse over tit, I shouted back, "hoy, don't blame me, blame 'daveyonthemove'" :D:D:whistle::blink:
:lol::p
I knew i should have wrote a disclaimer :shrug:

Toledo_stew

I average 400-450 per full tank with nasty every little helps diesel from tesco, however this is motorway miles, because my work is 60 miles from my house.

toledo 110 tdi

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
I have't managed to reach 400 miles out of my Ibiza FR yet! I give it the odd burst every now and then to overtake and have a little fun, but the rest of the time its pretty economical driving to work. Still can't work out why I can't get upto 400 miles yet!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
On a full tank of BP Ultimate - and driving into town (4/5miles at pretty much stop start traffic everyday) I got 350 miles on my last tank in my Ibiza. And I do like to use my right foot when I can. :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.