ibiza 2008?

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
The more I look at it the more I like it. It certainly knocks spots off the new Fabia. If SEAT could produce a car which looked something like that, with a properly sorted chassis and solid build I could still be driving a SEAT as my next car.

If they are 'shopped I think SEAT should find out who did them and offer them a job pronto.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
This looks realy well,
Real version will probably be longer,but its lookin good.........

8070522.001.Mini2L.jpg

8070522.001.Mini1L.jpg

Looks very similar in proportions to our colt

01028-gross.jpg

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The yellow one above looks a lot like..

New Fabia
Suzuki Swift
Misti Colt
etc
etc

All seem to be following the same high swage ling and rear window shape.

Poverty

The yellow one above looks a lot like..

New Fabia
Suzuki Swift
Misti Colt
etc
etc

All seem to be following the same high swage ling and rear window shape.

due to pedestrian collision safety laws cars will start to look more alike :(

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
good job residual's have no bearing on it for us then.

mind you 'real' life residuals on teh Ibiza sucked, depending on the model

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the yellow ibiza could be made to look better with a few personal touches but if it looks ANAYTHING like the silver 1 then its a FLOP!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
a 2nd hand bargain then :D

too right, Colt CZT for under 7k, bit of a bargain i would say.

they seem a bit nippy too, one nearly caught me out the other day in the mini, i had to drop a gear to get rid of him.

As for the new Ibiza. If and i know the answer already, but if SEAT decide to do a car like the above, looks wise, with the 2.0 tdi lump and DSG gearbox then it will be my next car. i would also consider it if they did a 1.4 TSI lump too, but it has to have the DSG gearbox.

Otherwise i'll just stick to my original plan of changing to a 2.0Tdi 4motion DSG Golf as next car.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I would buy that if it had a 20vt in it

if they drop the 20vt I would go diesel as the 2.0t is just a bit too heavy on the petrol

think they might drop the pd130/160 and go 16v140/170 anyway for the mk5

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
my money's on the 1.8TFSi that is in the Altea's for the Ibiza, for top end petrol

diesel will probably be something similar to the current leon line up, but slightly lower (so still 160bhp at the top)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
what 1.8TFSi is that Mork??

I think it waill be the 1.4 TSI lump for the Ibiza as far as top end petro is concerned, it makes sense. However there is also a 1.6 TSi lump on the way too, but can't see them letting the Ibiza get too close to the Leon Cupra.

I just hope and i pray, that it looks like some of the suggestions, as i will be back in SEAT ownership, oh and its got to have the 2.0 Tdi lump for me to come back, fingers crossed.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
well i never, have Vags engine dep gone bloody design crazy. I thought they were gonna try these smaller engines, then they release a 1.8TFSi, any of it based on the old 20v lump etc

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
not bothered what engine they do it looks like a mini leon! but as stated abouve they clearly dont have a clue what its gonna look like all the pics have beeen diffrent so far!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.