Induction kit & Rocker cover for Cupra

k1_kid

People :happy:

I'm after a Induction kit for my K1.. and have a few questions!

I was going to get an Evoms kit for it after being impressed with it on my mates S3... but then seen Forges Twintake but dont know if I can wait too much longer for this release as i want to purchase one in next month...

Which Induction kit have you people bought and what have you thought of them? Ive heard them ITG ones are really good but not spoke to anyone with one?

What sort of gains to expect to get of an Induction kit? Ive got the stage 2 map on the k1 (computer said no to giving me a stage 1 for some reason so might aswell get parts for the stage 2 map...) and was wondering what difference i will want to expect?

Also, Ive seen a glossy black rocker cover for my engine, will this fit if i was to get a Forge twintake, or an evoms for that fact?

Thanks people :)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
i went for the ITG, great bit of kit and noticably better top end and will see how it is on the dyno next month in repect to gains.

Dont know how much of an improvment a cai will have without other mods to support it like HPFP and Milltek TBE as i already had these when i got the itg fitted.

Well I have the FR and run the Neuspeed cone filter... Absolutely love the noise this gives off and it does feel better to drive. I've spent a bit of time modding the engine bay (adding ductwork) to make sure if gets a lot more air forced towards it cause there isn't much flow in the bay.

I'd avoid the carbonio from experience cause it gave me no gains...if you're going down that root just get a free flowing filter.

The Evoms should fit with your cover, and most of the intake with a 'tubed' design should fit with ithe cover on..such as the K&N Typhoon, Forge Intake, Neuspeed.

I really don't think there's going to be any revolutionary gain/ difference between manufacturers.

I'd just go for the one you like the look of and sound of because there's pretty much no performance difference..hope this helps a bit.

k1_kid

Cheers mate, yeh didnt think there would be much inbetween with the differnt intakes... i read somewhere in the forge twintake thread on here that the golf mk5 gained 18bhp? would be nice to get anything around that!

Think the Evoms one over time may be too noisy, it makes some noise especially with the diverter valve on with the spacer, sounds crazy! was kind of hoping the forge one was a bit quieter!

Should i expect a decent gain off a full miltek system? Just pricing one up now and may opt for one of these rather then putting money towards the intercooler?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Cheers mate, yeh didnt think there would be much inbetween with the differnt intakes... i read somewhere in the forge twintake thread on here that the golf mk5 gained 18bhp? would be nice to get anything around that!

Think the Evoms one over time may be too noisy, it makes some noise especially with the diverter valve on with the spacer, sounds crazy! was kind of hoping the forge one was a bit quieter!

Should i expect a decent gain off a full miltek system? Just pricing one up now and may opt for one of these rather then putting money towards the intercooler?

Well the ITG is one of only 2 cai with the correct maf housing and was also developed on Revos K1 so it should work well and it deffinatly produces the goods.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Lovin my ITG, tis noisy tho but the car's only a toy! Fair value for money considering the awesome build quality. Getting milltek downpipe this w/e, then on R/R straight after to see if it's all been worthwhile! S-O-P dyno says yes, we'll see Saturday

Well I believe most intake gains are around 15bhp mark so 3bhp here and there will not be noticeable.

They come into their own if you also sort out exit airflow ie free flowing exhausts with either a decat or sports cat. Something to think about if you're want the lot. No point spending £400 on an intake when a £150 does the same thing..you'll have some pennies left for the exhaust that way.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
People :happy:

I'm after a Induction kit for my K1.. and have a few questions!

I was going to get an Evoms kit for it after being impressed with it on my mates S3... but then seen Forges Twintake but dont know if I can wait too much longer for this release as i want to purchase one in next month...

Which Induction kit have you people bought and what have you thought of them? Ive heard them ITG ones are really good but not spoke to anyone with one?

What sort of gains to expect to get of an Induction kit? Ive got the stage 2 map on the k1 (computer said no to giving me a stage 1 for some reason so might aswell get parts for the stage 2 map...) and was wondering what difference i will want to expect?

Also, Ive seen a glossy black rocker cover for my engine, will this fit if i was to get a Forge twintake, or an evoms for that fact?

Thanks people :)

Welcome to the fold. Are you from Ashington by any chance? I've seen a White K1 with Revo Stickers on the front doors passing through Ashington before.

Cheers

RickyD

k1_kid

Cheers people some things worth taken in ... think im gonna wait for the Forge one as going to order the twintercooler this week and wait till after xmas for the full system! :)

Ricky - Im from Alnwick mate, yeh white k1 but has revo stickers in the 2 back windows.. are you from ashington? im actually heading up that way tonight need to do a shop in that new massive asda!

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Cheers people some things worth taken in ... think im gonna wait for the Forge one as going to order the twintercooler this week and wait till after xmas for the full system! :)

Ricky - Im from Alnwick mate, yeh white k1 but has revo stickers in the 2 back windows.. are you from ashington? im actually heading up that way tonight need to do a shop in that new massive asda!

Yes an Ashington lad, although I keep reminding people at work I'm a Bedlington boy as thatls were I've lived most of my life.

Did you get your K1 from Arnold Clark on Scotswood Road?

How was your Asda experience? We went on Saturday and never again. The road network around it is a joke with traffic lights all over the place. We shop at Sainsburys so not really that big a problem.

Enjoy your K1 and happy modding. Have you remapped it yet?

Cheers

RickyD

k1_kid

Blade- Where are you from mate?

Ricky - Yeh got mine from Arnold Clark a year ago now :) Taken it to Steve in Whitley Bay who put the stage 2 map on it, and other then that just have the Forge diverter valve on it too. love the car just need more speed, im bored of the power already as you do haha!

Dont mention Asda mate, im not going there again... long story about buying an xbox 360 bundle package that didnt exist... ******s!!! Im not gong back!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise