J.B. His Seat Leon "Cupra R" - K04-064 TFSI Conversion

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Today I gave the Leon a nice wash. Cleaned and waxxed. But just when I was done the sun was gone... So wasn't be able to make some nice pictures. So you guys have to do it with these 2:D

2wqqrgw.jpg

21j60w9.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Bought some new stuff.

jkgmf5.jpg

Cupra skirts
2m5nhis.jpg

Cupra spoiler
a9pt2o.jpg

Cupra Rearbumper
5canva.jpg

Cupra R frontbumper
k9apme.jpg

Why? well the looked nice and on the pictures they looked the same collor as my car. The paint on my front bumper is falling of so this was a good chance to replace my bumper. But when i arrived the collor was different; shadow grey. So a bit disappointed I bought them anyways and going to respray the new front bumper and sell the rest of the set. Ordered today the paint. So hopefully at the end of the month got the resprayed bumper on.

Also bought a LCR 225 steering wheel. Looks very nice.

dnhcwm.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Got some new updates this weekend.

First on Saturday I fitted a Rear swaybar from Whiteline. 24mm. Heard that it makes a big difference but never expected this. If I knew this earlier, it would probebly my first mod on the car.

1rez4l.jpg

swbi0x.jpg

Well, than on Sunday I finaly began with my front bumper, left wing en mirror caps. Went very well. Super happy with the results. Next weekend I hope that I can make some time free to fit everything.

Sanding down.

28nprc.jpg

2a5huzm.jpg

Painting them in Silver. Made the ground wet so there was no chance to spray dust on the bumper.

63r98g.jpg

2q99kyu.jpg

15yb2hg.jpg

ngytkj.jpg

8ygvw8.jpg

Clear lacquer.

im8nsm.jpg

5mdfee.jpg

j953t4.jpg

n53s0.jpg

4rf02s.jpg

For about a 14th of the price you pay by a company i've got nearly the same result. very pleased with the results.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
After a day working on the car, all the new panels are fitted. And the car looks stunning again.

Here we go again.

1yluv7.jpg

After one hour this was the result.

dra8pl.jpg

Old en new wing together.

15sah3k.jpg

Fitting the new wing. Collor looks amazing. No color difference at all.

3167yiq.jpg

All the grill are welded in again.

n5577.jpg

New front bumper fitted. With the small number plate. Looks much better than the big one.

mj0h90.jpg

Old vs New

2b35om.jpg

paint damage on the old bumper.

sg2xz9.jpg

new panels fitted.

2r43446.jpg

2i0b410.jpg

10pdbvt.jpg

Good comparing shot.

Old

ka1hds.jpg

New

rwqmms.jpg

And one last overall shot.

dqiqee.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Today I decided that the car was to dirty for the new panels. So I gave her a good clean. After that I took some pictures.

Pictures:*)

2zfmjh4.jpg

33oo7yo.jpg

dz9zc6.jpg

2ps21bq.jpg

10hnajt.jpg

2vnj1w4.jpg

suy03t.jpg

j58m4j.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Saturday I had with a dutch Seat forum a Dynoday by JD Engineering. Ofcourse got my Leon on the Dyno. Very pleased with the results. Little less torque and a bit more power. And nothing changed.

qqyfc4.jpg

And the old and new grafic together.

2qkj75z.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Not much of a big project but all the small details help. Got my gril wrapped in gloss black. Looks very nice.

34zka2q.jpg

2ilf1hx.jpg

And a lucky shot.

345obnr.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
I decided to take the turbo and manifold of to drill te broken bolt out.
Some pictures

3144g1h.jpg

Boost pipe removed.

wsmm9c.jpg

Some parts. Only turbo is hanging in place.

2w2os9c.jpg

Turbo removed

2v1rpyt.jpg

And my outside workshop

28rjqch.jpg

When I placed the gasket on the manifold I was a bit shocked. The gasket had 4cm holes while the manifold only had 3,5cm. So while I was waiting for some parts I decided to port the manifold

2qdy9h3.jpg

First port done.

4jx0ec.jpg

Thats a lot better.

2h6zsqw.jpg

First 3 nearly ported completely.

4tanfb.jpg

Exhaust manifold is ready.

2uptyyu.jpg

And after that i sanded it down.

2hfqmw8.jpg

These where my porting tools. The one on the left was original a cone.

2ldag52.jpg

Tonight I'm going to drill the broken bolt out and put everything back together. Hopefully the car is this weekend ready to run again.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Turbo is back in place. Didn't have time to take some pictures. To busy with working and getting it done. There was no way to put the complete turbo with manifold in one piece in place. So took it apart and placed it part for part. It was a hell of a fight but its rolling again.

Engine revs a lot better thanks to the ported manifold. 20 sept the car goes on the dyno again. Looking forward to the results.

When the turbo was back in place I decided I could replace all the bits from the suspension. So I replaced the following things:

- Both wishbone bushes for Powerflex bushes
- New wheelhub
- New steering ball joint
- New ball joint

It feels a lot better now with all the new stuff. The previous owner has placed the ball joints on the wrong side. Left was right en right was left. So I'm glad I changed it.

After that I decided to give the brake calipers a new layer of paint.

Old situation. Sticker up side down en crappy paint.
2iatpqt.jpg

Masked en sanded down.
250jnuo.jpg

New paint.
2d2jbl3.jpg

Clear vanish, sticker and more clear vanish.
156v15k.jpg

With the Sportec on.
n71c1z.jpg

And the other side.
3325bx2.jpg

2duft7b.jpg

Well, not that pleased with the result. They look like caliper covers. Just kidding. Very pleased with how they come out.

Tomorrow got to do the rears.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Thanks.

The centre one is home made. Cut the honeycomb lc180 grill in the size of the lcr grill and weld it back together.

Old grill cut out:
8vnqli.jpg

Cut out the shape of the LCR grill
vq5z0g.jpg

And back together
1zlztkw.jpg

The 2 grills next to the centre grill is a bar that is underneath the bumper. So you have to take te bumper off, cut the grill of the bar, cut the grills of a lc180 bar and weld the grill of the lc180 bar to the LCR bar.

2prbcd1.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
And I've done some other things to the car. I made a adjustmant to my handbrake. When I was on the dyno, my car drove off backwards while the handbrake was on. Oops. So I removed the ashtray in the back and adjusted my handbrake. Much better.
2pseel3.jpg

And after I repainted the new wing I never got the time to replace the Sportec Badge. Untill last week.
30ndiyb.jpg

2 Weeks ago I gave my brembo's a new layer of paint. So it was time to do the calipers on the back as well. They match nicely with the brembo's.
Before.
ibys86.jpg

New layer of paint.
2d2i3oj.jpg

Done with a layer of clear vanish.
20jr7k8.jpg

Looks mutch better now.
While I was waiting for the paint to dry, I cleaned my exhaust tip a little bit. It was totally black. Not as new but much better than how it was.
2crt4hx.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
New big update. Bought new wheels. OZ Superleggera's 19' with fresh rubber. After 4 years driving with Sportecs it was time for a new style. Not a bad dicision after fitting the Superleggera's. Looks more aggresive.

2lid8bp.jpg

2aj5hyp.jpg

Got 1 mm between the rim and the caliper.
2w4kyms.jpg

2ufuluw.jpg