Just bought my Ibiza FR..hello!

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Hello Everyone,

I have made a couple of replies on here, but i thought i would introduce myself properly!

My Name is James, some call me jim, and im not an alcoholic.

The big news is a few weeks ago, i bought myself a totally standard black 07 Reg Ibiza FR TDI 130 with 18k on the clock.

It is a beautiful thing, but i have washed it every weekend so far and within a few days its once again covered in dusty muck!

So as im a newbie, is there anything you would advise me to be looking out for? Common faults or easy upgrades?

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Hey mate! Welcome. Remap would be my advice for cheap mod.

What wax are you using on the paintwork? If you apply a good wax, you can just use a quick detailer and microfibre cloth to remove light dust.

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Hey mate! Welcome. Remap would be my advice for cheap mod.

What wax are you using on the paintwork? If you apply a good wax, you can just use a quick detailer and microfibre cloth to remove light dust.

You may be about tell me off for this, but Ive just been using the all in one shampoo and wax from halfords! Perhaps i need to upgrade my kit.

With the remap, how much extra umph do you think i could get?

Have you declared it on your car insurance? I could imagine it hiking the prize in a major way

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
You may be about tell me off for this, but Ive just been using the all in one shampoo and wax from halfords! Perhaps i need to upgrade my kit.

With the remap, how much extra umph do you think i could get?

Have you declared it on your car insurance? I could imagine it hiking the prize in a major way

Autoglym mate, great place to start, pretty much there entire range is excellent.

Autoglym Bodywork conditioner (Shampoo)
Wash car using two bucket method and a lambswool wash mitt (Sonus do a great mitt)
De-tar (Autoglym tar remover) and Clay the car (Autoglym clay kit)
wash again
Dry
Polish using Autoglym super resin polish
Seal with Autoglym extra gloss protection
Then use autoglym high definition wax

That will last 3-6 months, just wash in between or use detailing spray etc. Car detailing has its own section, it will blow your mind the results some people can get.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Greetings buddy ;)

Glad your enjoying your FR they are great fun and i think good value to run. :D

You will soon be playing saint and devil with your right foot and watching your mpg to exceed that magic 50.

Autoglym is what i use and it seems to last a few weeks. I would be keen to hear from anyone using these newer gel polishes as they dont leave a chalky residue.

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
you want cleaning products, meguairs is the way to go!!! so much betetr than auto glym. i used to use autoglym until some one showed me meguairs !!!! it rerally is fantastic stuff, all the range. ive never used a wax before that leaves no polishing dust at al:lol: and as for the shine... well you have to use it to believe it. plus all the products smell really nice, hehe not that i keep sniffing them, the interior cleaner smells like coconut.mmmmmmmmmmmm holidays !!!

anyway try it and see what you think.

stig..

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
you want cleaning products, meguairs is the way to go!!! so much betetr than auto glym. i used to use autoglym until some one showed me meguairs !!!! it rerally is fantastic stuff, all the range. ive never used a wax before that leaves no polishing dust at al:lol: and as for the shine... well you have to use it to believe it. plus all the products smell really nice, hehe not that i keep sniffing them, the interior cleaner smells like coconut.mmmmmmmmmmmm holidays !!!

anyway try it and see what you think.

stig..

Agreed. Very good stuff.

But if you want something a wee bit posh, Swissvax Nano Express is the BEST for a bit of bling that I have ever used (Trust me I've bought too many.. :cry:)

Once I polished my car, waxed it, then applied the Swissvax on top I had no shortage of people asking what it was I used to make my car so shiny (Paintwork like a 'glass' one guy I didn't even know, just stopped me at Uni and a few days ago and asked! Two police officers at a checkpoint asked about it too!) Even had a guy offer to buy my bottle off me so he wouldn't have to wait to order it online haha!

Good stuff!

EDIT: Oh, it's not a wax and sprays on over black plastic and everything! =D

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/products/quick-detailing-products.asp

Last edited:

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
well im gona get a bottle of this stuff and try it. always open to try new products.

2nd thoughts... 25 quid for a quick detailing product.. i think not. i will stick to me meguairs tech wax. still worth a look but thats all. window shopping costs nothing lol

Last edited:

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Well i shall be investing in some new cleaning stuff this weekend. Might not get a chance to use it though as the weather looks like its going to be aweful!

Ive been getting 47mpg average so far which i cant complain about.

Only thing i have to complain about so far is the innaccuracy of the trip computers MPG. It calculates 60mpg and whe n i fill up i calc it as 47 to 50 ish!

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi Jim,

I'm also James and have a black FR TDi 130 (mines a 57 ;) ) loads of potential for mods (performance and asthetic) :) I've put a badgeless grill on mine, and de-wipered the back so far, planning a remap tho and it could do with lower probably!

As for cleaning i'm using autoglym polish, it seems ok... The car is in need of a serious outside clean but the weather looks bad this weekend :( i want to try a wax, any ideas or suggestions?

-Cyph

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
One thing i have been wondering about is the warranty. The dealer didnt mention and i should have asked.

As far as i understand, my car had a 3 year warranty when bought new and that means it should still be under it untl august this year.

As i am now the second owner, should i have filled something in to get the warranty transfered to me?

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
Hi Jim,

I'm also James and have a black FR TDi 130 (mines a 57 ;) ) loads of potential for mods (performance and asthetic) :) I've put a badgeless grill on mine, and de-wipered the back so far, planning a remap tho and it could do with lower probably!

As for cleaning i'm using autoglym polish, it seems ok... The car is in need of a serious outside clean but the weather looks bad this weekend :( i want to try a wax, any ideas or suggestions?

-Cyph

meguairs tech wax !!! you will love it, such a shine and also no polishing dust !! if you have metallic it brings all the flecks out and looks supurb!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise