Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well the Simpson family has a new addition..........

An Audi A4 TDI S Line 140 BHP in black with black leather sport seats. Cars a 06 Plate and very very nice with the S line suspension and body kit and RS6 5 spoke wheels.

The leather is in very good condition but the body work is well rough TBH. Getting quotes just now for for a full front end respray.

So now..... Finally my car is my own to do with it what I want.....WOOHOO!!!

TBH I'm not planning much just now. I still have a dodgy cracking noise coming from somewhere to suss out. I also have elliptically grooved discs to fit to the rear with Padgid pads. I'm keeping a keen eye on the CAI threads going about just now as there seems to be some mods to be done to get VERY good flow rates. I hope to detail my car before the SCN national meet and fit a few other small bits and pieces.

Might end up taking the Audi down to the SCN meet as it does 52MPG at 80+MPG, and the Leon will never do that, especially with Allen driving it, lol.

Roll on some track days and brake set up adjustments and further testing.

Well the Simpson family has a new addition..........

An Audi A4 TDI S Line 140 BHP in black with black leather sport seats. Cars a 06 Plate and very very nice with the S line suspension and body kit and RS6 5 spoke wheels.

The leather is in very good condition but the body work is well rough TBH. Getting quotes just now for for a full front end respray.

So now..... Finally my car is my own to do with it what I want.....WOOHOO!!!

TBH I'm not planning much just now. I still have a dodgy cracking noise coming from somewhere to suss out. I also have elliptically grooved discs to fit to the rear with Padgid pads. I'm keeping a keen eye on the CAI threads going about just now as there seems to be some mods to be done to get VERY good flow rates. I hope to detail my car before the SCN national meet and fit a few other small bits and pieces.

Might end up taking the Audi down to the SCN meet as it does 52MPG at 80+MPG, and the Leon will never do that, especially with Allen driving it, lol.

Roll on some track days and brake set up adjustments and further testing.

defo a licence to burn some money......Give it a treat then, you know you want to ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005

I know a good hill where 52mpg would be possible in the Leon :clown:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
SO.....

The weight saving has kicked off, a bit.
All the interior is up for sale now and have had a bit of interest.
The headlining and pillars have gone and will be stripped out at the SCN National meet.
Hopefully the rest will go then too and I'll get some proper bucket seats on the go.
Fully back in love with the car again after a bit of spirited driving last Tuesday.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Feck knows Josh.
Need to get my ass into a few and see what I like.
Probably get some second hand ones for a start and take it from there.
Know of any good sites for second hand ones?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well....
Finally....
IM ON THE TRACK TOMORROW!!!
WOO HOO!!!.

Track preparation was finished today.

Rear brakes changed to 256mm Eliptically grooved discs and Padgid pads
Phenolic gasket fitted to intake manifold
Head light protectors fitted
Bonnet insulation removed
Intake system adjusted
Brakes bedded in
Tyre pressure checked
Oil checked
Fluids checked
Full tank of V power
ECU reset
Windows polished
Helmet borrowed
and all 'stuff' taken out of the car.

I'm running totally as it came out of the factory with seats, spare wheel and interior etc.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Aye aye dude got that feckin car MOT'd yet??

Interior is partially sold but won't be stripped till the SCN National meet on the 18-19th July

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Ah i see.

Haha, nope. BUT Everything has been done that needed to be done for an MOT so i'm good to go when i get back. I've painted most of the inside just the A-pillars and front floors to do. Bought myself a new plate for it as well so she'll be rockin!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well, all went well today.
Car felt really good, brakes were great when up to temp stopping the Lardy Leon, handling was good, my driving wasn't the best and the Power as a bit lacking though.

TBH I was pretty competitive compared to other motors that I thought would walk away from me.
There was an EK9 Civic, Focus RS, Starlet turbo, 106 Rallye, 205 GTI both hill climb cars, heaps of Scoobies and Evo's, Arial Atom, Lotus 7 and a Quad.

The Focus was eventually getting 71.5's, the EK9 was getting 72.3's, the starlet turbo (hybrid turbo) 71.6. I ended up with a71.81 There were lots of Scoobies and Evo's getting 73-72 times so all good
Pretty chuffed TBH. The car had all its bit in it (spare wheel, seats, full tank of fuel) so lots more potential for weight and time saving.

Will be finding out the weight of the car soon and this will be the bench mark for future mods and track days.

Last edited:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Excellent results Willie, a credit to the modding approach you've taken and recognising the need for driver skills as the best mod out there.
I really wouldn't give too hoots about the lack of power at the moment since you know that that can be sorted within a few hours and a great feeling awaits.
Get the best out of your current set up first and enjoy your investment.
Did the experience make you want to adjust any set up of your coillies etc.
Always a pleasure to follow these threads. :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005

Ha ha ha ha ha! Why?! All you had to do was put a seat in it :p

Car was going good today Wil. I think the EK9 made 71.5 in the end by the way as memory serves. I am sure the times will be up on SIDC's page.

All in, a good day. Surprised quad boy never came off, still gutted for the TVR squad and the Astra had a broken drivetrain somehow.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.