leon cupra R onvi yellow

super_electric

Ps3 Tag: nixonoioi
Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Jan 24, 2011
Got it from good old Ebay mate was just flicking about on there as i could not really afford at the mo to get the jabba style heat shield :no: , but yep that looks like the one :thumbup: there is few others on ebay to but all quite similar tho.

I can't either mate, I'd rather spend the money on a tyre than a sheet of metal. Might pick one of those up I think it looks really good :funk: Was it easy enough to run in your DIY air feed?

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
I can't either mate, I'd rather spend the money on a tyre than a sheet of metal. Might pick one of those up I think it looks really good :funk: Was it easy enough to run in your DIY air feed?

Yep should not be a problem, when its not -20 and blowing a gale outside:whistle: I need to have a little play with mine and turn it little more towards the battery cover (make little more room) so I can slip the cold air feed back to wear it was before hand looking on to the jetex again.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks RDS. I know it’s not as good looking as the jabba style ones but does not look to bad tho. :shrug:

I dont know, its not the norm and definately gets the thumbs up from me, £96 for a jabba shield is ridiculous. I may have to grap myself a bargain and purchase one of these. :D

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2011
I dont know, its not the norm and definately gets the thumbs up from me, £96 for a jabba shield is ridiculous. I may have to grap myself a bargain and purchase one of these. :D

I did earlier, hope the OP doesn't mind someone else copying ;) They look pretty cool in my opinion and no way am I shelling out for a jabba one.

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Well last week I took all my door cards off and re-sealed them with the hope it stops the swimming pool I have every time it rains and the damp smell, soooo fingers crossed it works also give it a good clean and took a few pictures..

Should have taken a few more pic's but "DubSteve68" on here did a excellent guide if anyone else has this prob and fancy having a go your self as i did.

21032011270.jpg

And a few pictures after i finshed and gave it a clean

100_0869.jpg

100_0867.jpg

100_0861.jpg

100_0859.jpg

100_0851.jpg

100_0858.jpg

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Looking good as always Rich! :D

Was it straight forward to do the seal on the doors, I've got issues with both drivers side doors at the mo. :(

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Little up-date

Had to seal my driver’s door again as it was leaking :shrug: (just a little) and looks like I need a new thermostat again!!! :censored: Only did this end of December!! so thats my next job!!

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Just had to replace the temp sensor in the end and now the car is back sitting warm at 90:worship: did not fancy changing the thermostat again!! lol

12042011302.jpg

Last edited:

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Up-Date

Driver’s door seems to be all sorted now... :) but the next thing to sort is… the roof rails that run down the erm….. Roof whipped off down the motorway and snapped, :censored: need this sorting first (new ones and spraying) :banghead: