Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Tim'o'thy

was this still under warranty or did they just do it on the recall?
im in exactly same situation except i have got it towed to dealer, just waiting for the call to see if they will do it or not, had letter last Monday, cut out Thursday.

Nope warranty was out in April. When they ordered the new parts they put a note of VOR ( vehicle off road)
So the parts come straight away. They seem very keen to get this problem sorted, warranty or no warranty.

reyno555

Injectors done now something else..

I had injectors replaced last week under recall and was extremely happy with the service from Wolverhampton seat... But...
On the way home from work Friday 4 days later (40/50 miles) flashing lights, engine management light , coil etc, lack of power but managed to get home,took it into dealers this morning who are going to run diagnostics and let me know what the problem is, £48 for diagnostics to start.

I could be wrong but this surely can't be coincidental with the injector change last week, I'm sure I read on here of someone with a similar problem but can't seem to find it now..

The car has always run fine all services up to date, any one any ideas on what this could be?

Just as worried as I was last week now :(

topps999

Hi, Im new to this forum, bought a seat leon fr 08 around 2 weeks ago, and done a couple of little mods, will get a picture up shortly...
I've been reading a few things on these injectors on different sites; i also read on one of them that if the fault happened to 1 injector, seat were changing all of them to prevent anymore going? - im just curious as to how you can tell if your car was fitted with these dodgy injectors before they go? (mine is a leon fr 08 tdi 170)

Joey2cool

Nov 14, 2007
Wiltshire
Hi, Im new to this forum, bought a seat leon fr 08 around 2 weeks ago, and done a couple of little mods, will get a picture up shortly...
I've been reading a few things on these injectors on different sites; i also read on one of them that if the fault happened to 1 injector, seat were changing all of them to prevent anymore going? - im just curious as to how you can tell if your car was fitted with these dodgy injectors before they go? (mine is a leon fr 08 tdi 170)

easiest way is to check with a Seat dealer, they can check if it is affected based on the VIN number

topps999

Oh right - Well due to a problem with my turbo ( i think) looking at getting mine in to warrington seat tomorrow, so i shal ask them then :) Thanks!

Also do you know if seat dealers are now aware of this problem? As i also read on a few different sites when they were taking their cars to the seat dealers, they were rejecting that they injectors were to be replaced for free and the persons in question was having to contact seat head office and get them to then contact the dealer to authorise that it be replaced free of charge?

Thanks Luke :)

Joey2cool

Nov 14, 2007
Wiltshire
Oh right - Well due to a problem with my turbo ( i think) looking at getting mine in to warrington seat tomorrow, so i shal ask them then :) Thanks!

Also do you know if seat dealers are now aware of this problem? As i also read on a few different sites when they were taking their cars to the seat dealers, they were rejecting that they injectors were to be replaced for free and the persons in question was having to contact seat head office and get them to then contact the dealer to authorise that it be replaced free of charge?

Thanks Luke :)

No problem :)

I called up Portsmouth Seat and they acknowledged it there and then on the phone, although they are not calling it a recall, but a 'Customer Service Campaign' (if I remember correctly!). I didn't have to deal with any head office, but a quick phone call and I was booked in to have them replaced! I think back in November last year they weren't acknowledging it, but after members on this site and a few others rallied, they finally acknowledged a problem and agreed to replace the injectors if they are part of the affected batch.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

J

topps999

Thanks, youve really cleared a few things up, from what i was reading i couldn't really make much sense, coz it was all the same problem but being new to seat i was too sure on a few things...
Can i just ask one more thing ; did you have an injector fail? or did they replace them as they was part of the affected batch?

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey2cool

Nov 14, 2007
Wiltshire
Thanks, youve really cleared a few things up, from what i was reading i couldn't really make much sense, coz it was all the same problem but being new to seat i was too sure on a few things...
Can i just ask one more thing ; did you have an injector fail? or did they replace them as they was part of the affected batch?

I hadn't had an injector fail fortunately, but as I do a lot of motorway miles I didn't fancy it failing when I was overtaking! A quick check on my car on the Seat system showed that I had the affected injectors and they booked me in there and then

J

topps999

I didnt manage to get in at seat, as theres a 2-3 week waiting list...; could anybody on here tell me if my car has the faulty injectors from the chassis or engine numbers?

Thanks Luke

Joey2cool

Nov 14, 2007
Wiltshire
I didnt manage to get in at seat, as theres a 2-3 week waiting list...; could anybody on here tell me if my car has the faulty injectors from the chassis or engine numbers?

Thanks Luke

Just by ringing the dealer they should be able to tell from the chassis number on the phone, they don't need to get the car in to find out

J

andrewfruity

****ing pissed wish i never got the bloody letter regarding the injector recall!!!!#

had my 08 plate fr 170 just under a year no problems what so ever, get this letter, now i call kingham main
stealer in croydon! i explained to the guy that i got hte letter but aint had no issues! he tells me not to worry
just book the car in will order the parts and seat foot the bill! so i do this. get the car back only a short 4 mile
drive home and i notice the car running no problems infact felt quite lively!! any i go to work and the misses uses
the car. next day im driving to park and notice that tick over is louder and the car is noticable shaking!! and then my girlfriend tells me the car stalled on her a couple of times the previous day!! any how something wasnt right call the garage back up and booked in few days later..... after them having my car for 2 hours i get called to say no problems but the rear wheel bearing is gone!! so go way . drive down hte coast see my dad
on the motorway thte car starts to violently vibrate just under 80 mph and subsequently wont go fater then 80mph
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i call the garage up again 3rd time , this time i take the technician out with me for a ride
now we didnt go up to 80mph as no motor way but accelarating in 3rd from 30 mph we got the same vibrating
until you hit 35 mph!! hte technican said there was a problem but couldnt pin point as intermitant!! he plugged it
up to the computer back at the garage to all working with in peramitors!!! WTF IS GOING ON!

andymac15

Injector HELL!!!

My injectors popped at 90mph on M1 by weatherby - not a pleasent experience. AA took back to Central Seat in Birmingham who confirmed all 4 had failed. No problem said Seat you have a Warranty Direct Policy we will contact them and sort this. Warranty Direct were the worst people I have ever dealt with there customer services guys are also qualified engineers and they told Seat they did not believe all four needed replacing even after receiving level one and two diagnostics from Seat Central. It took a week to get a WD engineer to look at the info and even then refused to replace all. In the end they had to go for independant testing which took two weeks!!. You probably think ok bad luck but you have a courtesy car - oh know not with warranty shitty direct. The labour element was under 12 hours so there policy states no courtesy car!!!. Eventually got injectors changed but surprize surprize the wiring loom was not covered.

BIG warning to any Leon FR TDI 170 driver DO NOT USE WARRANTY DIRECT!!!

shifimofo

Injector HELL!!!

My injectors popped at 90mph on M1 by weatherby - not a pleasent experience. AA took back to Central Seat in Birmingham who confirmed all 4 had failed. No problem said Seat you have a Warranty Direct Policy we will contact them and sort this. Warranty Direct were the worst people I have ever dealt with there customer services guys are also qualified engineers and they told Seat they did not believe all four needed replacing even after receiving level one and two diagnostics from Seat Central. It took a week to get a WD engineer to look at the info and even then refused to replace all. In the end they had to go for independant testing which took two weeks!!. You probably think ok bad luck but you have a courtesy car - oh know not with warranty shitty direct. The labour element was under 12 hours so there policy states no courtesy car!!!. Eventually got injectors changed but surprize surprize the wiring loom was not covered.

BIG warning to any Leon FR TDI 170 driver DO NOT USE WARRANTY DIRECT!!!

Any reason why you claimed through WD, rather than having SEAT do it as part of the recall?

andymac15

Injector Hell

Its an 07 plate and was outside of Manufacturers warranty - Spoke to Seat and was fobbed off until August this year where they finally acknowledged there was an issue with the injectors

MK1_LOVE

Jul 23, 2010
I have received the Piezo Unit Injector letter today from SEAT.

Is this for the Fuel injection system?

I dont understand why this has taken so long to be sent to us as it seems some people have had letters approx a year ago.

Do Seat provide a courtesy car as without a car my wife will struggle? Sorry its weekend otherwise I would have called them.

Cheers
Taz

andrewfruity

I have received the Piezo Unit Injector letter today from SEAT.

Is this for the Fuel injection system?

I dont understand why this has taken so long to be sent to us as it seems some people have had letters approx a year ago.

Do Seat provide a courtesy car as without a car my wife will struggle? Sorry its weekend otherwise I would have called them.

Cheers
Taz

if ur car is running fine mate dont bother they will only make things worse!!!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.