Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Biggingertone

Injectors

Hi Everyone

My Leon is in the Main dealer garage as week speak. They diagnosed injector seals last week but on further inspection today they are saying all 4 injectors are gone. Quote £2500!!!!

I came on here to see what my options were and found this thread re the recall.

My car is a 2008 2.0tdi reference sport not an FR. Does anyone know if this is covered??

No mention of it at the dealer. I'm really annoyed cause its been in and out of the garage all year because of this and so far its had a new Air mass meter, fuel pump and intercooler.

Any advice would be great.

thanks

micmcmullen

leon mk2 pd170 k1 kit candy whit dpf delete remap

i have a major issue with the car i had it remaped by eco tune and it had a stutter so back i went and he source the issue and fixed it, i broke down and it was injectors so seat replaced 1 and loom and made out they done me a massive favour .2 weeks later a recal !!.4 replaced and loom again, ive changed and done everything i can to fix my problem

the little thing with grey top "made in usa" with vac pipes replaced
black diafram thing that moves flaps replaced
turbo checked
new bosh maf/air flow meter
egr cleaned
manifold flap cleaned
egr blank plate fitted
genuine vcds to find faults

MY PROBLEM
i start the car in the morning it stalls,start again it stalls,start again stays running but NO responce from accelerator pedal for at least 30 seconds then it revs and wont stall but if if try move the car for 5 min it will stall under load after that you are fine exept at lights roundabouts or hills as its got an issue with being in wrong gear i used to put in second and and climb the hill and it pulled like a train now its dead no power pulls at idel speed and cant get power to pull you up ,need to drop to first and it will go no problem does this at nearly evet junction
i would like if some one can tell me what i should make vcds take readings of and tell me what reading wrong
its been in 5 garages no one has a clue,spoke to vw, and seat mechanics at local branches the y never heard of issue,
a garage has said its the manifold flap £280 plus vat free fitting as he had a jetta in with similar issues it was plastic cogs snapped inside manifold intake flap ,do i watse more time and money on something else or what
please help ive had this issue now for 5 months and wife is now at the point of saying u bought a s**t car and knew we should have bought something else why did u pick this
please call me on 07850805761 if any ideas i can check or if anyone knows what stills i should take and be getting with vag com

Biggingertone

Just an update on mine. 4 injectors replaced and now it wont start!! Still at main dealer who i think are running out of ideas. Its been there for 2 weeks now!!

petrolhead55

Mar 23, 2010
injector problem

My car got what i thought were 4 new injectors and wiring under seats recall on my 56 plate Altea FR 6 months ago . its now doing what i think are the same symptoms as before the new ones were fitted . when idling it sounds like its only firing on 3 cylinders and on acceleration its pinking like its getting to much fuel . also not pulling like it should . does anyone else have these problems or should i contact seat uk again .

DavidS

Oct 17, 2012
Hi guys,

Looking for abit of advice regards FR 170 recall...

I am picking up my 07 Leon FR 170 tomorrow, currently sitting with 52,000 miles on the clock. After reading a good whack, but not all of, this post i am a tad concerned with the injector issues people seem to be having.

Firstly, when Seat are carrying out this recall work are they stamping/updating service manual to state this work has been carried out?

Secondly, if when looking there is no evidence in the service book of such work being carried out, do i simply call my local Seat Dealer and give them my car info and they will check this for me without trying to 'fob me off'?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Hi guys,

Looking for abit of advice regards FR 170 recall...

I am picking up my 07 Leon FR 170 tomorrow, currently sitting with 52,000 miles on the clock. After reading a good whack, but not all of, this post i am a tad concerned with the injector issues people seem to be having.

Firstly, when Seat are carrying out this recall work are they stamping/updating service manual to state this work has been carried out?

Secondly, if when looking there is no evidence in the service book of such work being carried out, do i simply call my local Seat Dealer and give them my car info and they will check this for me without trying to 'fob me off'?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

You can call into any SEAT garage and ask for the car's history. This is not a secret. I did on my old car and it wasn't a problem.
Just say you want to see the service history as logged in the SEAT systems.

DavidS

Oct 17, 2012
Does it matter if the car hasn't been services at a Seat Dealership? As they wont have the cars mileage recorded?

My local dealer has taken my car details and is calling me back on Monday to discuss injector recall options. If my car does need the injector recall can someone confirm that Seat fit 100% of the bill?

Thanks.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Does it matter if the car hasn't been services at a Seat Dealership? As they wont have the cars mileage recorded?

My local dealer has taken my car details and is calling me back on Monday to discuss injector recall options. If my car does need the injector recall can someone confirm that Seat fit 100% of the bill?

Thanks.

SEAT will only have work logged done at a SEAT dealership. An injector recall would almost definitely have been done at SEAT so it would be logged. If its not, safe to say it needs doing.

SEAT should cover recalls regardless. Unless someone else knows different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoe_LeonFR210

Hi guys

I also own a 56 plate Leon FR.

I have not had a total cut in power, but tge power did start to fade. After some research, I discovered that there was a national recall from Seat to fix the injectors in some Leons. Therefore, if you havent already, i suggest you call your local Seat garage and they can check if the injectors have been changed or not.

I got mine changed within 5 days of enquiring. It cost me £12.50 ONLY (for the insurance on the curtosy car) and they did £1200 of work for me, for free, in 4 hours.

Hope this helps.

Zoe

Zoe_LeonFR210

p.s. The work is not stamped, so you must call a local Seat garage to check if it has been done or not.

Satty

Hi, just recently bought my seat leon Fr, called seat about the injector issue and it turns out it needs doing. Not had any problems with the car at all but just wondering i've booked my car in at Huddersfield seat to get all four injectors and wiring loom replaced plus my 30k service. Just wondering is it important i get this done ASAP, also spoke to the service guy he said its best to get it done also he would update the ECU which apparently helps with DPF issues. Finally anyone had any problems with failing injectors once replaced. Whats to say these new ones wont have issues?

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Hi, just recently bought my seat leon Fr, called seat about the injector issue and it turns out it needs doing. Not had any problems with the car at all but just wondering i've booked my car in at Huddersfield seat to get all four injectors and wiring loom replaced plus my 30k service. Just wondering is it important i get this done ASAP, also spoke to the service guy he said its best to get it done also he would update the ECU which apparently helps with DPF issues. Finally anyone had any problems with failing injectors once replaced. Whats to say these new ones wont have issues?

yes you should get this sorted as soon as possible, ive had my injectors replaced. was done before i bought the car havent, had any problems with them what so ever and ive owned the car since april. the new ones might have issues but they probably wont. if they do then SEAT will be able to sort it out hopefully. there is a serious issue with some of the pre- recall injectors. hence SEAT paying millions of pounds to recall them and hence the reason you should get them checked and replaced if neccessary asap

envy_vwm

Hi all,
I just got FR TDI, it has full service history at dealers. Car has 100 000km on clock which means there are still 50 000 warranty left, but they say there is no recall for injectors, but they are replacing them in case of failure one-by-one. It is not what I read here and on other forums.
However is there an official information on injector recall? Which countries that includes, what is a procedure etc. A bit disappointed with a stealer, but happy with the car :D

Any help will be appreciated! Thankts!

Alex

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Alex as far as I am aware its a campaign from SEAT so applies across Europe.
In the event of any running problems, a UK driver contacts their local dealer who books the car in for a check. The injectors are examined and if they are a certain part number, they are replaced free of charge. ONLY certain injectors are replaced which is why you may have heard of some being replaced but some not.
All I can suggest is that you contact the SEAT importer for your country.

envy_vwm

Thanks Dave. I will try to find out who is importer in Latvia and contact them. [B)]

DavidS

Oct 17, 2012
Hi folks.

Can someone clear something up for me...?

I am booked into Seat Oxford this coming Wednesday for injector recall - Afrer speaking to them today, whilst reconfirming my booking, the service chap stated that there will be no ECU work carried out nor software updates either, he stated the injector recall is purely mechanical and they will be doing nothing more.

Is this the case? What exactly should be covered in the recall?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Satty

Hi folks.

I am booked into Seat Oxford this coming Wednesday for injector recall - Afrer speaking to them today, whilst reconfirming my booking, the service chap stated that there will be no ECU work carried out nor software updates either, he stated the injector recall is purely mechanical and they will be doing nothing more.

Thanks.

Wow sounds like a horrible garage mate. Ive just had mine done yesterday and I spoke to the actual service engineer before dropping it off. He was really nice and stated he would put any new ecu updates on there free of charge. Picked it up and he saw me and told me the car was still running on the original release from factory in 2007 and that there had been 12 updates since then so he update it to the latest one. Can anyone tell me what these update were meant to improve? Can does run really smooth now although not sure if that's the injectors being replaced or the ecu update.

If I were you go take it into another seat dealer where the service people are alittle nicer. The recall should cover 4 injectors and wiring loom. Just of of interest I got The receipt for the work apparently the retail cost to have the work done was £850 not including labour.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Hi folks.

Thanks.

That's correct, the recall doesn't require any ecu changes. They will get your car in, inspect the injectors if any of them fall in the serial numbers that are subject to the recall then they will be replaced. If they don't then they will be left alone :)

As far as I am aware there hasn't been any recent ecu updates for the 170PD, I bought my car in April and was advised that there arnt really any more changes and if there are its updated as part of a service

HTH

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Wow sounds like a horrible garage mate. Ive just had mine done yesterday and I spoke to the actual service engineer before dropping it off. He was really nice and stated he would put any new ecu updates on there free of charge. Picked it up and he saw me and told me the car was still running on the original release from factory in 2007 and that there had been 12 updates since then so he update it to the latest one. Can anyone tell me what these update were meant to improve? Can does run really smooth now although not sure if that's the injectors being replaced or the ecu update.

If I were you go take it into another seat dealer where the service people are alittle nicer. The recall should cover 4 injectors and wiring loom. Just of of interest I got The receipt for the work apparently the retail cost to have the work done was £850 not including labour.

You will probably find the ecu update adjusts fuelling a little to enable the dpf to function a bit better. Alot of people have reported a drop in power but I'd imagine reliability has been increased.

The wiring loom recall is a seperate recall to do with the sensors in the exhaust system.

Bit pointless giving you a receipt for recall work that will always be covered for free to everyone?? Aha

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.