Mirror tilt option enabled but nothing happen

Sep 16, 2023
France
Hi,

I bought yesterday a 2022 Ibiza FR and I looked at everything in the setting : I happilly found the "mirror tilt" option but when I put the reverse nothing happen.

I tried to set the mirror in "low" position with the setting button on "R" while the reverse was on. But when I get back in neutral (without touching the mirror button), the mirror stays in the same position.

Do you have any Idea of how could i do to make it work ?

Thanks you very Mich 😁

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Just to re-cap on the process to activate the mirror tilt function for the passenger side mirror;
  • Ensure the ‘mirror tilt when reversing‘ function is selected in the vehicle settings
  • switch on the ignition but do not start the engine
  • select reverse gear
  • move the mirror adjustment control to ‘R’ for a left hand drive car (‘L’ for a right hand drive car) and adjust the mirror so it tilts downwards to your preferred position
  • select neutral; the mirror tilt position should now be stored and remembered by the car
  • switch off ignition. Mirror should return to its ‘normal’ position (i.e. the position it was in before tilting downwards).
To use the mirror tilt function after setting it up, it is necessary to select ‘R’ on the mirror adjustment control before you reverse (I keep mine set to ‘L’ permanently - my car is a right hand drive car). After reversing, the mirror will return to its original position when you either;

a) switch off the ignition
or
b) drive forward and the vehicle reaches a speed of approximately 15 kph (9 mph).

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Mirror switch to L. Then auto dips to your pre-set position when reversing & return when driving forward.
It’ll be mirror switch to ‘R’ for the kerbside for the OP as their signature details show the French flag, so they’ll have a LHD car.

Sep 16, 2023
France
Just to re-cap on the process to activate the mirror tilt function for the passenger side mirror;
  • Ensure the ‘mirror tilt when reversing‘ function is selected in the vehicle settings
  • switch on the ignition but do not start the engine
  • select reverse gear
  • move the mirror adjustment control to ‘R’ for a left hand drive car (‘L’ for a right hand drive car) and adjust the mirror so it tilts downwards to your preferred position
  • select neutral; the mirror tilt position should now be stored and remembered by the car
  • switch off ignition. Mirror should return to its ‘normal’ position (i.e. the position it was in before tilting downwards).
To use the mirror tilt function after setting it up, it is necessary to select ‘R’ on the mirror adjustment control before you reverse (I keep mine set to ‘L’ permanently - my car is a right hand drive car). After reversing, the mirror will return to its original position when you either;

a) switch off the ignition
or
b) drive forward and the vehicle reaches a speed of approximately 15 kph (9 mph).
Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, i followed your instructions step by step but it still doesn't work ...

Is there anything else that i dans do ?

PS: Indeed, it is R side for me 😁

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Axel132b - If it doesn’t work then maybe;
  • You car doesn’t actually have the mirror tilt function
or​
  • a previous owner of your car tried to activate the function by making coding changes (hence why you can see mirror tilt in the car settings) but they were unsuccessful in getting it to work.
In the June 2023 brochure for the UK spec Seat Ibiza, it lists electrically adjustable, folding, heated door mirrors as part of the UK spec Ibiza FR or FR Sport models (see screenshot below) but there’s no mention of tilt function for the passenger side mirror. However, if Seat is anything like VW (my car’s a VW), then product literature often contains errors and omissions so there‘s a chance the brochure content may not be correct.

IMG_0322.jpeg

For my car, VW did specifically make reference to the tilt mirror function (referred to as reverse activated kerb view adjustment) - see below - so I would have expected Seat to also mention this in their product literature for models that have the function.

IMG_0324.jpeg

Hopefully other forum members with a current model Ibiza FR will add to this discussion thread and confirm whether their car has the tilt mirror function. Failing that, it might be worth checking with your local Seat dealership or Seat Customer Services.

Sep 16, 2023
France
@Axel132b - If it doesn’t work then maybe;
  • You car doesn’t actually have the mirror tilt function
or​
  • a previous owner of your car tried to activate the function by making coding changes (hence why you can see mirror tilt in the car settings) but they were unsuccessful in getting it to work.
In the June 2023 brochure for the UK spec Seat Ibiza, it lists electrically adjustable, folding, heated door mirrors as part of the UK spec Ibiza FR or FR Sport models (see screenshot below) but there’s no mention of tilt function for the passenger side mirror. However, if Seat is anything like VW (my car’s a VW), then product literature often contains errors and omissions so there‘s a chance the brochure content may not be correct.

View attachment 38346

For my car, VW did specifically make reference to the tilt mirror function (referred to as reverse activated kerb view adjustment) - see below - so I would have expected Seat to also mention this in their product literature for models that have the function.

View attachment 38347

Hopefully other forum members with a current model Ibiza FR will add to this discussion thread and confirm whether their car has the tilt mirror function. Failing that, it might be worth checking with your local Seat dealership or Seat Customer Services.
Hi @SRGTD ,

Thank you very much for your help. I'll try to check my local dealership (as I don't know the past of the car). And if it doesn't work... It'll be a detail :)

Axel

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.