Misfire and engine management light

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
Car fine last night, Took my daughter to work earlier and the engine management light started flashing and lost most of it's power, After 100 yards or so it went out and power picked up but not totally, Still wouldn't pull under load.
Got back and, turned ignition off, Management light still flashing and after about a minute it came on fully, Connected it to the laptop for VAG and I get just the one code, 16884 Random/multiple cylinder misfire detected, Cleared the code and I get the flashing management light obviously because the problem is still there.
Could this just be something simple like a spark plug or plug lead or could it be something else even though I don't get any other codes through VAG.com :confused:
BTW, Using VAG 3112 shareware.

Any help appreciated, Off out to do some old fashioned diagnostics :whistle:

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
Think it is sorted now, Pull each plug lead off and found the engine hardly died on number three cylinder, Took plugs out and sure enough number three was more fouled than the others.
Cleaned them up and went out for a test drive and all feel good now.
New set of plugs it is in the week then.

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
No, I should have done it about a month back, I will be doing it this coming week though, Hope to get to Euro car parts tomorrow if I finish work early enough.
Got all the part codes written down ready :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.