Mk1 Ibiza System Porsche

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Well after an unexpected early finish at work today, I've managed to underseal the rest of the car.
The gas struts for the boot arrived half hour ago so I've not got a boot lid that holds itself up rather than wacking me on the head randomly!!

Just waiting on the decals now.

Should have some updated pics tomorrow after I meet a couple of guys with ibizas

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
P1020202.jpg

P1020203.jpg

P1020204.jpg

P1020205.jpg

These hens teeth arrived yesterday

P1020225.jpg

Just fitted them this morning

P1020227.jpg

P1020226.jpg

Just waiting on some new Ibiza side stripe/badge decals to be made up then itll be pretty much complete

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
lookin mint mate, lovely example like a few others have said i have never seen 1 of these before.

gazrhys

Oct 24, 2008
Manchester
lovely car last time i saw one of these is when a mate had one wasnt near as perfect as yours tho . just a quick one why do they have porsche on them ?

AndyT_UK

Jan 21, 2011
YO30 / YO25
Oh wow - brilliant. It has been a long time since I saw a first gen Ibiza in the UK and even in Barcelona last November, I only remember seeing one or two the whole weekend. Really interesting to see the interior pics. Wonder how many Ibiza I and Malaga etc remain on UK roads?

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Not really got many interior pics as I never got round to cleaning the inside up (Its really clean inside anyway)

P1020117.jpg

P1020119.jpg

P1020118.jpg

P1020218.jpg

Other than Sorting the choke problem out I've not really done anything to her in a few months. Had to SORN her as she'd just sat in the garage and I doubt Ill have any need to use her while the roads are the state they are. I'll re-tax her when the show season is in full swing and get across to a few show.

I was going to insure it for the year and keep running it, but for some reason the insurance on this is £400 for me!! Quite a rip off when the insurance on my Impreza is £500 with mods declared!

mikebrennan

May 16, 2009
Wow.I ain't seen one of them for atleast 15yrs.my aunties had Porsche system and it was quite nippy iirc.

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Yeh its pretty nippy... I'm used to 350bhp to it feels like a slug unless I drive our lasses 1.2 Fiat 500 before the Ibiza!

I may have to put this car on the market soon, to free up some space and money for new projects.

Anyone got any idea what an original Mk1s like this one are worth? 33k miles from new

alcot33uk

OMG!!! My first car was a 1.2 XLS reg G324MNG and I never thought I would see another, mine had normal indicator and Wiper stalks, alloys and black sport stripes... Oh and a standard spoiler and sports seats and rev counter! I bloody loved that car! Ha!! Thanks for the memory!!

Oh and the guy that saw the gunmetal one it was a 1.5 XSI which was the same as mine except more powerful and had electric windows...

dezmondsmk1

awesome car dude, i have the 1.5sxi system porsche one, very quick!

dezmondsmk1

only just joined this thing, and saw yours! whats been done to it lately? or still standard?

cant post pictures of mine but if ya on facebook message me, theyre on there

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Well after being stood in the garage since November I booker her in for an MOT last week...

She went straight through MOT tester said mechanically its in better condition than a lot of the 4-5 year old cars he's recently tested!

Now shes Taxed and tested again I'm going to get the cambelt and pulleys changed ASAP then take her to have the bottoms of the doors and arches treated and sprayed up, then she should be back in showroom condition!

I'll post some updated pics later once shes had a good wash and wax

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.