Mk1 Ibiza System Porsche

clouty86

Jul 11, 2008
I think its worth it keeping standard as they are getting less and less common these old classics would be a shame to stick mental engine and brakes and make it a track car or something daft looks really good the way it is classic :)

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Well its been in daily use for the last 4 months and hasnt missed a beat!

Unfortunately its back in the garage tucked up under a duvet and SORN. Some little scrote TRIED knicking it!!!
I can only assume it was a 5 year old, or someone with the mental ability or a goldfish as they couldnt even pop the door lock!! Worse still the boot was unlocked anyway!!

b6ae4c4e.jpg

As the door lock was knackered anyway I thought I'd see how long it would take me to get in with a screw driver..... 6seconds was the result!

I've now de-locked the passenger door but the little old Beeza will be locked away for the winter and used for show use only next year.

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Lucky that I didnt take it to have all the body work sorted out last month like i was going too!

The small dent under the handle will pop out easily and well that door need the bottom painting anyway, the whole side may aswell be done now lol

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
You haven't had half enough praise for this dude, just stumbled upon this as I accidentally clicked the Mk1 Ibiza subforum. I love it personally, those space age buttons are crazy! :p I love how clean it is too, anymore updates? :)

Last edited:

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks LMJ. The space age buttons are great to look at, not so great to use when it starts chucking it down at night and you want the wiper on!! lol

Only update i really have is a Autoplas twin spot front grill. I'm still undecided on the colour for it, I quickly painted it white and mock fitted it, but I think it would be better in matt black

b23cb753.jpg

All opinions welcome

I'm still trying to hunt down some SXI wheels and a SXI/GLX spoiler, I'm sure they'll turn up before im 90.

Recently got hold of some original Seat brochures for 88 and 89. Ill take a couple of pics and post them up tomorrow

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
I've been meaning to comment on this thread for ages but kept forgetting. I'd love a MK1 ibiza, they're so rare these days, I've only ever seen 1 in my life and that was abroad and it was buggered.

Good to see someone out there has been taking care of theirs! Well done and keep up the good work!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers guys, Shes been off the road since October after the failed break in. I've slowly been finding spare parts on ebay, rear lights £5, headlight £6, the grill was 99p!!

Just started to set to work on the light surface rust on the lower door and rear arches, once its all primed up i'll take it to get sprayed up, as I cant find a paint match anywhere as the paint code is ancient!

Sadly the system porsche stripe had to come off, so i need to try and get some professionally made up once the doors are sprayed back up!

I'm hoping to get to a couple of shows with her in the summer, so I'll keep an eye out on here for some that are localish.

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Bless her! I agree on the grill too, spray it with the plastic effect paint you can get, seen it done on some grills, looks top! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.