Mpg?

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
I get somewhere between 42-48mpg on the 22mile trip to uni, however on the short 5mile trip to a relatives along some country roads I get between 25-32mpg sometimes lower but it all depends on how much fun I want to have.

The car's a FR TDI130 with cupra intake and K&N air filter.

Getting the diesel to do under 10mpg isn't hard at first but after a mile or so it soon goes up to around 15mpg. I guess it just wants to be economical.

deadeyejim

Grumpier than Fester
Only put 1500 miles on my engine so far, but on the 20 odd miles to work I get around 50mpg, it's pretty much A-road all the way there. Taking the country back roads home though probably between 40 - 45 mpg.

Obviously not trying hard enough :)

Thats with a 1.9 TDi 130

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
If I get lucky and there is not much traffic (very rare) and i'm sensible with the throttle button I can get around 35mpg on a roughly 8 mile trip to work. But if traffic is poor and there is lots of stop/starting or if I nail it all the way home then certainly low 20s from a 1.8 FR 20VT

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
so the 27mpg really is my average mpg! great!

I have also noticed the 100+ figures (not often!) usually at the end of the month and i'm watching the pennies i turn on the mpg computer so when it shows 8-11 mpg i should stop driving like a tw*t !
lol is it all the people that come from near Nuneaton as i was born in cov but lived in bulkington lol i also have a 1.4 which gets a little to much to run lol puttin a ecotek valve in it in in 2 weeks (apparently saves fuel and more perfomance) new pads at the same time at 37k on 2nd set!!

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
I was born in Cov too! I live just down the road from Bulkington mbe we are not destined to have decent fuel economy? What is this Ecotek valve you speak of? increased economy and performance?! surely not!

Last edited:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
it has been proven... as it put air betwee the air filter and the brake servo.. and it puts turbulance in the manifold or somthin i got mine or £60 and it makes a air swirling sound that pipercross makes a air filter for it to make it quiter lol gettin mine fitted in 2 weeks cant wait...

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
god knows how i gt all the money together oh well you only live once so many people have said ive thrown so much money down the drain but i say moneywell spent!

They're obv jealous! :lol: :D I guess it is when you come to resell, but you can't think of everything like that! Buying "luxury" items for yourself is wasting money....doesn't stop people from doing it though!

Dw....they will change their minds when the see the beast. ;)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
im not bothered as im spending lots of money on what >>>>>I<<<<<< want not what other ppl think i should get! not bothered what i get for it when i sell it as the money i loose would of been usedto keep me exstreamly happy!

selling it could be a problem as not many people want high performance modded cars but i dont intend on selling it for AGES!!!!!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
im not bothered as im spending lots of money on what >>>>>I<<<<<< want not what other ppl think i should get! not bothered what i get for it when i sell it as the money i loose would of been usedto keep me exstreamly happy!

selling it could be a problem as not many people want high performance modded cars but i dont intend on selling it for AGES!!!!!

Don't blame you tbh. Saying that though....I saw a Mk3 Cupra for sale today.....think it was maybe on pistonheads that had the IHI turbo and had 310bhp. :) (full bodykit) which looked nasty but....

:D You'll get your money's worth of fun out of it...it will be worth it...just to see peoples faces will be priceless.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
we'l have to wait and see not long now hopefully the wait is agonising!

average of 5mpg here i come :lol:

am i bovad???........face bovard....... am i bovard!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.