Mpg?

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
What kinda MPG do you guys get? what engine do you have and what kinda journey do you do?

What do you get over say 5mile stop starting at lights.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I travel 4 miles into work and do a lot of stopping and starting. Town driving mainly with about 1.5 miles of continuos 40mph and I get 40-50 mpg. Normally is 45-50mpg. Depends on how hard I use the throttle! :D bad day = 40mpg. :lol: I have a 130tdi Sport.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
really don't wanna sound like i'm picking on the new guy mate but a lot of your questions have been answered before, there is a search facility near the top left of each page matey, like i said not havin a go just letting you know if you missed it:) welcome to the forum asell mate enjoy :wave:

TazB

Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
I couldn't have asked for a better answer than that. Thats exactly the kind of driving i do to work. i get 30-35mpg in my 1.6 golf. altho i do manage at least 45mpg on the M-way at 80mph over hundereds of miles. defenitly think i'll be makin the change.

How many miles do you get to 20 quid?

TazB

Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
really don't wanna sound like i'm picking on the new guy mate but a lot of your questions have been answered before, there is a search facility near the top left of each page matey, like i said not havin a go just letting you know if you missed it:) welcome to the forum asell mate enjoy :wave:

its cool i need glasses i knew there would be a search but never looked hard enough :headhurt:

Any way i wanted to know for my specific journey cos i doubt there's many people that do 5mile journey's. the search will be used in future

Bunnin

Stealth machine
i ave a 1.8 20VT beeza, do about 3.5 miles to work each morning..

if im a good boy i'll get around 33mpg, if its a longer distance journey i'll c around 38 - 40 mpg

But when im in the mood to have a lil play, ive had figures betwenn 10 - 15mpg :doh:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i havent seen figures that low for ages but i havent seen 2100 revs for a few weeks im gonna go mad soon!

ive got a remapped modded cupra petrol and i get about 150miles to £20 driving like a granny but a few months ago £20 would have got me 80ish miles getting as low as 10-15mpg on a 12mile trip country roads :D

Jovin

Feb 18, 2007
Andover
What kinda MPG do you guys get? what engine do you have and what kinda journey do you do?

What do you get over say 5mile stop starting at lights.

Showing around 40 by the time I get to work (3 miles) in Cordoba 130 tdi se.

Showed 58 on a run the other day but strangely went by motorway and came back cross country and showed better results coming back at medium fast pace on country roads than at 75mph on motorway.

All above driving like a granny of course, prolly halve those figures with heavy right foot but its a lot more fun :)

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
My average MPG is showing 27! (I've not reset it in the 11 months ive had the car. any one know how to do this? the manual is at least 2 rooms away. its easier to ask here!)

I drive a 1.4 petrol about 3 miles to work 5 days a week and as its a 1.4 i need to keep it in low gears to get any "ooomph"

In hindsight i should have spent the extra £2000ish and got the 1.9TDi instead of paying through the nose for petrol every week!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the average mpg is reset automaticly when the ignition has been off for a certain amount of time but its the reset button on the right stalk on the underside!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
off topic but I was well impressed, driving into work the other day. 4th gear, just over 1000 rpm cruising along at gentle pace......108mpg! :D thats not average obv. But still impressive I reckon! Was coming back from Cardiff on Monday (to my house is about 1 hour 15 and was coming back at like half 5 in the morning), my average was 58.1mpg on the motorway! At 80 btw. Well happy! :funk:

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
so the 27mpg really is my average mpg! great!

I have also noticed the 100+ figures (not often!) usually at the end of the month and i'm watching the pennies i turn on the mpg computer so when it shows 8-11 mpg i should stop driving like a tw*t !

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
god knows how i gt all the money together oh well you only live once so many people have said ive thrown so much money down the drain but i say moneywell spent!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members