My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Well that was a fun few days! Both kids have had high temperatures and been sick. We have hardly slept for three nights. My Mum and Antie have both got bad colds plus the usual Christmas drams. I'm ready for a brake!
I got as far as taking the air bag off my steering wheel on Christmas eve but then needed to use my car in a rush so still haven't fitted the 225 wheel. I have had chance to finally fit the new TSFI coil packs though.*
8DB257F2-F6C1-486A-8EF0-24EB3C4B9024-338-00000051ADCA3249.jpg

As far as I know three of the old coil packs are getting on for ten years old. So it's hard to say how much difference there would be against new 1.8t coil packs (if any...). The engine starts much better and feels smoother on idle. Also driving the engine from cold it's smoothe also at low RPM. I only went around the block so I can't report further.*
I'm hopefully going to the R Tech RR day on Saturday and getting a heat sheild and new filter fitted while
*I'm there. So other than picking a AGU lump up. I need to buy spark plugs and other service parts for January. Then I have a few parts to fit:
Front ARB.*
New boost gauge and finish off the holder.*
Catch can and PCV deleate.
Painted rocker cover, charge pipe and inlet manifold with phenolic gasket.*
225 steering wheel.*
Pre cat lambda sensor.*
Cup holder.*
Interior LEDs that are on there way from Hong Kong.*
Rear brakes (not yet bought but need doing).*

Note to self: stop buying things and start fitting them!!!

Last edited:

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
See the list isn't getting any smaller :p

Sorry to hear xmas was a bit of a washout for you and family.

Great idea with the AGU lump.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
See the list isn't getting any smaller :p

Sorry to hear xmas was a bit of a washout for you and family.

Great idea with the AGU lump.

I just love hunting things down on eBay and buying car parts generally. I still have half a MKII Golf GTI kicking about.
I really want to tidy up the engine bay. To do one thing makes doing three other things easyer at the same time so I'm stock piling bits to do it all. I've ordered spark plugs, BAM racing phenolic gasket and forge turbo to charge pipe hose. Just need to order a few more things then find the time to fit them!
My son and Mum both have chest infections and my wife has tonsillitis. So unfortunately no RR day for me tomorrow:cry:. I'm absolutely gutted! I won't be getting my heat sheild and air filter. Also I was looking forward to meeting a few of you. It can get lonely in Lincolnshire with no one to talk cars :(
Has anyone fitted 034 motorsport solid subframe bushes? As I'm thinking of fitting them when the front ARB gets fitted. Just wondered if anyone had any feed back or know of a UK distributor?

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Sorry to hear that the house is an unwell one. I'm sure there will be another RR soon enough. Spring is only round the corner now! Great 'to do' list. Hopefully pace will continue :) I'm quite iimpressed with my 2.0TFSI plugs; most noticeable on idle, as you've said.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I have the 034 solid subframe bushes, for over a year now (and still not got round to fitting)
Dont know of UK distributor either but PM danny lad

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I have the 034 solid subframe bushes, for over a year now (and still not got round to fitting)
Dont know of UK distributor either but PM danny lad

Thanks Tim I want a coilpack cover as well so I'll PM him.

I've got a stinking hangover today, not good...
Any way this arrived from Awsome today
22C8D270-E879-47F0-B1EC-9EF3D572CBB3-194-0000002EAAB630C0.jpg

How this costs the best part of £70 is beyond me.

Aug 29, 2010
suffolk
Coilpack cover? how much are they it's always good to have a stack of parts to through on i changed my suspension put all the strut braces on rear ARB got tracking done good tires now holds the road really well

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham
Has anyone fitted 034 motorsport solid subframe bushes? As I'm thinking of fitting them when the front ARB gets fitted. Just wondered if anyone had any feed back or know of a UK distributor?

I got the bushes from here:

http://www.wotmotorsport.com/034_Motorsport_Audi_8LVW_MK4_front_soild_subframe_bushings/p1556518_7449752.aspx

Really easy to fit. I removed the dogbone mount and the mount for the DP then loosened the rack bolts in the subframe and the four subframe to chassis bolts.

This drops the subframe down about an inch. The old bushes comes out really easy, just need a flat screwdriver and a hammer.

Then just push fit the alloy bushes, not much force needed at all and tighten everything up - simples!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Coilpack cover? how much are they it's always good to have a stack of parts to through on i changed my suspension put all the strut braces on rear ARB got tracking done good tires now holds the road really well
The price of the coilpack covers varies depending what finish you want. They do carbon fibre, satin black, polished and raw stainless. Have a look on INA's page or contact Danny Lad.
The collection of parks is the problem when you have big plans and deal in small details!

I'll tell you how that pipe costs £70 mate, because FORGE. Lol.
Grrr, it is supposed to have Nomax in it so it heat resistant but still.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I got the bushes from here:

http://www.wotmotorsport.com/034_Motorsport_Audi_8LVW_MK4_front_soild_subframe_bushings/p1556518_7449752.aspx

Really easy to fit. I removed the dogbone mount and the mount for the DP then loosened the rack bolts in the subframe and the four subframe to chassis bolts.

This drops the subframe down about an inch. The old bushes comes out really easy, just need a flat screwdriver and a hammer.

Then just push fit the alloy bushes, not much force needed at all and tighten everything up - simples!

That's for the link that's a very good price I'll get some of them. How are you getting on with the PSI top mounts? I've heard that they are causing knocks and bangs for some people?

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham
That's for the link that's a very good price I'll get some of them. How are you getting on with the PSI top mounts? I've heard that they are causing knocks and bangs for some people?

No complaints at all with the top mounts - no knocks at all. I am using the modified Polo strut tops which helps I think.

Quite surprising really considering my car is fully polybushed with alloy subframe bushes and vibratech engine mounts :)

Only rumble I am getting is from my SMF and slipping clutch :cry:

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
No complaints at all with the top mounts - no knocks at all. I am using the modified Polo strut tops which helps I think.

Quite surprising really considering my car is fully polybushed with alloy subframe bushes and vibratech engine mounts :)

Only rumble I am getting is from my SMF and slipping clutch :cry:

Thanks I had heard that some pope had had knocking after a while. Thought I'd check before fitting them. Doesn't sound good about you clutch how longs it been fitted?

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Well I got messed about by the eBay brakers yard nob who I was supposed to be buying the AGU engine from :censored: I was well pee'd off!
Anyway after a month of waiting I received a AGU inlet manifold today (got to love eBay).
I've seen photos of comparisons between large and small port before. I was still surprised at the difference in the flesh. Especially the size of the runners!
BAM on the left AGU on the right.
49107D2F-534A-46F5-BA21-E359A215BB50-1448-0000030D0CD6B7B2.jpg

61206DAF-8514-411F-BE2D-7A1FFC0DDE39-1448-0000030D190BD36F.jpg

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Stupid question but will that fit on to the BAM engine ?

It'll fit but the throttle body will be on the wrong side. One of my friends is a welder and he's going to make me a large port inlet manifold using the AGU runners.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I've washed my car!!!

Car washing is not my thing so I thought I'd post some photos to mark the occasion.
54C3EB59-92B8-4CC0-A6D1-756A745713A0-1684-0000042415AE7F0D.jpg

870D9647-A3F0-4C08-ADED-D121FDE9E4C1-1684-0000042420C65EBF.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise