My Mk3 Imperial Blue K03S Ibiza Cupra :)

Liamx

MK3 Ibiza Cupra :)
Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Nipped out for something to eat at work again today - and again she struggled to start.

The threads in the Airbox are destroyed meaning the Airbox is open a fair bit, which cant be helping anything and could well be contributing to her starting issues.

Inwhich I have just ordered a Jetex Cone Filter & related accessories from Forge;

- 1x Jetex Cone Filter FR-07003 (http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/conefilters.php?insided=70mm)
- 1x 70mm 45 Degree Elbow (http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMA45-70)
- 1x 70mm Hose Joiner (http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMHJ70)
- 3x 60-80mm Hose Clamps (http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0022HC&product=FMHC6080)

Ill upload a picture of everything in the engine bay once I have them and have fitted them - just to show where each piece is used (might sound simple to some people, but I found a picture of someone else's engine bay useful when making sure I was purchasing the correct bits).

This is something I was going to do anyway, and with the state of the Airbox I decided its probably better sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
First package of bits arrived on Friday from Forge :)

Unfortunately, Jetex didnt have FR-07003 in stock, so ive got to wait 2 weeks for that :(!

Current list of problems that need fixing include;
- Dodgey idle & trip computer readings
- Drivers side wheel speed sensor
- Both Front top mounts

All of which I intend to have fixed in a couple of weeks time :).

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
After having the fault codes deleted when the crank sensor was replaced, I thought it would be a good idea to run her through VAG COM a week on and see if the MAF Sensor Signal Too Low code had returned.

No MAF Sensor Signal Too Low code, however it did bring up the code below:

Its extremely likely these codes are related, even more so as I asked Stealth Racing if they had any ideas on what it could be. They suggested with everything I had eliminated already, it was most likely to be a split or loose hose.

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Got a dilemma for you guys :).

She needs to go into a garage tomorrow - I have two options:

A - Go to the garage who diagnosed the problem to be the crank sensor and replaced it, yet the problem still persists. Do I trust them the 2nd time round to fix it on the basis that they never fixed the original problem and should do the work at a reduced cost?

Or B; Take it to another garage which I have slightly more faith in and explain the situation and see what they can do?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
its a tough one mate, id prob have them look at it again and see if you get a deal or free service.

not having much luck are you?

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Not having any luck in the slightest mate! :(

Think I need to go and buy a lottery ticket as I deserve some good luck...

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Went to start her this morning and she started first time :S ...

So ive taken the long drive down to Stealth and im currently sat waiting for what they come back with :)

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Cheers mate :)!

Just wish the problems would end, in the last 2 weeks or so:

Dead Crank Sensor
Faulty MAF Sensor
Dead ABS Sensor
Dead Oxygen Sensor

Crank Sensor & MAF Sensor have been changed, ABS Sensor has been changed but hasnt fixed the problem so the wiring needs investigating - need to wait for payday to buy an Oxygen sensor.

A bad connection in one of the ECU plugs is causing my breakdowns & idle problems, so that needs fixing too.

Taking her back down to Stealth on Wednesday for the ECU and ABS sensor to be fixed permanently.

Oh... And the top mounts need changing.

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Almost £800 later and my engine problems are gone.

Starting & idling problems are fixed, ABS sensor has been replaced, Lambda sensor has been replaced, Crank sensor has been replaced & MAF has been replaced.

Despite all the money thats been spent purely keeping it working this month - I must admit it now feels better and quicker than it ever has done :).

Unfortunately Jetex still dont have the cone filter in stock - so im still waiting on that.

Oh - and the Top Mounts still need changing...

All fun and games though eh?

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Pah! As if I expected my bad luck to stop once everything was fixed.

One day and my engine management light is back on, ONE DAY.

To say im annoyed would be a major understatement.

DannyB2K

Mate. I've got he same ibiza as you except i dont have those rims (never thought about that combo) but mine never goes a couple of weeks without the EM light coming on, I like to quote "The Fresh Prince" on this " If it isn't broke, then dont try to fix it" You'll be spending money on it nearly every week if you try to fix what ever the EML throws up.

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Mate. I've got he same ibiza as you except i dont have those rims (never thought about that combo) but mine never goes a couple of weeks without the EM light coming on, I like to quote "The Fresh Prince" on this " If it isn't broke, then dont try to fix it" You'll be spending money on it nearly every week if you try to fix what ever the EML throws up.

Yeah you're right mate - seem to love fault codes! Leaving it for abit now before I pour anymore money into getting it fixed!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.