My Mk3 Imperial Blue K03S Ibiza Cupra :)

Liamx

MK3 Ibiza Cupra :)
Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Finally my cone filter has arrived!...

Allthough - not from Jetex, instead it has come from Badger5 (Cheers Bill!). Im not going to go into it, but I wont be dealing with Jetex directly again.

Now unfortunately I didnt bother getting any pictures of this since its such a simple job, but to remove the standard Airbox you need to unscrew the 2 bolts holding the MAF sensor casing and Airbox together, aswell as the 2 allen bolts holding the Airbox in place. One allen bolt is at the back of the Airbox and one is at the front, low down between the Battery and Power Steering Reservoir. Once all these are unscrewed you must unclip the Airbox from the coolant pipe leading to the expansion tank. Finito, remove your Airbox and do what you please with it :).

Picture below shows how the Joiner fits into the filter, and then obviously the hose fits onto the other end.

This next picture shows all the pieces in place. The 45 degree elbow needs triming to allow the filter to fit, I managed to trim mine in such a way that the filter is literally touching the side of the engine bay! I took around 20-30mm's off either end.
(Guide to triming silicone hoses can be found here: http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/media/A Guide to Cutting a Silicone Hose.pdf)

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Started the car the other day and the Engine Management Light decided to turn itself off and hasnt come back on since - attention seeking little **** :)!

Note to all, in my personal experience DO NOT deal with Jetex directly.
*I placed an order on 11th August and was informed there would be a 2 week wait, which is fine.
*3 Weeks later i've heard nothing - and have noticed that another member of the forum has ordered an identical filter from Jetex and recieved it the following day.
*At which point I contacted Badger5 instead and ordered one from Bill.
*Now, over a month after my initial order - Jetex have decided to process my order and dispatch it, no prior emails regarding whether I still wanted them to proceed with my order. So I now have 2 Jetex Cone Filters...

Rant over.

stuibaby

MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!
Aug 14, 2009
Bristol/Bath
Started the car the other day and the Engine Management Light decided to turn itself off and hasnt come back on since - attention seeking little **** :)!

*I placed an order on 11th August and was informed there would be a 2 week wait, which is fine.
*3 Weeks later i've heard nothing - and have noticed that another member of the forum has ordered an identical filter from Jetex and recieved it the following day.
*Now, over a month after my initial order - Jetex have decided to process my order and dispatch it, no prior emails regarding whether I still wanted them to proceed with my order. So I now have 2 Jetex Cone Filters...

Rant over.

Want to sell second filter??? :whistle:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Yup - Literally picked it up out the porch last night, took some pictures to put on a for sale thread and its stayed there since, unopened.

I was charged £53 by Jetex - £48 and its yours :) (Including postage).

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Cheers mate :) Still yet to take any decent pictures of her - waiting on funds to buy an SLR camera :).

Hahah yeah it's probably about time! Get one up :).

Rant over.

Did you not contact Jetex before going to Bill?

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Did you not contact Jetex before going to Bill?

A couple of days before ordering one from Bill I emailed them to ask what the progress was with the order - in the view to canceling it if it was going to take any longer. Didnt recieve any communication back untill Monday when it was dispatched!

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Bit of an update, had some new tyre's fitted a couple of days ago as both of my fronts were near enough illegal! :)
Got charged £37.60 to change 2 Tyre's! And I had to jack her up! Daylight robbery!

Ordered them from eBay at a bargain price of £60ea :)! When they arrived, I barely recognised it was my tyres, I thought someone had ordered a book! *Sarcasm*

My drivers top mount has been dead for quite some time and my passenger side one has now given up too, so these are being replaced shortly along with fresh ball joints for the wishbones and uprated bushes :)!

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Finally got a decent camera to take some pictures :) Barely scratched the surface of what it is capable of however here is one of the first one's to be photoshoped and completed;

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Hate you....so much. Your car is both gorgeous and amazing at the same time! Even the mudflaps are nice! :p Might need to rethink my superT's on a cupra idea...damn.

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Hate you....so much. Your car is both gorgeous and amazing at the same time! Even the mudflaps are nice! :p Might need to rethink my superT's on a cupra idea...damn.

Hahah thanks :). I was going to go for Superturismo's aswell but these have grown on me! Might change to Superturismo's in the future :).

Looking very smart, do you have any big plans for the future?

Not quite the same big plans as you have Joe, been following your progress thread quite closely :)!

All that I have planned at the minute is more tweaks to the handling (Rear ARB & More Bushes) and a bit of perfecting (New LCR Splitter, few scratches to be repaired etc.)

Initially I was going to go for a K03 Hybrid with Quaife Diff, but me being me I've already decided what car I want next. So im trying to strike a compromise between improving the Ibiza so I can enjoy her for the next 18 months and saving money to put towards my next car & modifications for that, as I plan to pile a large amount of money into it, as you are doing with your Ibiza :)!

love your car mate :)
really tidy example
although i have to say the mudflaps arent to my taste but each to their own!

(long shot...jetex filter still around?) :)

martin

After 5/6 months I'm still undecided on the Mudflaps aswell, from certain angles they look good - from others they look disgusting. Any picture looking straight at the rear they make the car look really tall and narrow! Quite like them in the picture above :).

Unfortunately not mate, sold it a few weeks ago :).

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Took a trip down to Stealth Racing yesterday morning for her to have;

New Top Mounts
New Wishbone Ball Joints
New Golf R32 Wishbone Bushes
Full 4 Wheel Geometry setup

Where possible I like to do all the work to my car myself, however I dont have any spring clamps so changing the Top Mounts were out of the question. As the car was going to be at Stealth Racing having the Top Mounts changed, I figured it would be the ideal opportunity to get them to change the ball joints and bushes whilst they were at it to cut down on labour costs.

The car now feels alot better in the corner's and I now have much more confidence in her handling ability's :).

For anyone needing any work doing to a VAG car of any type, I can't recommend Stealth Racing enough. Although they are based in Coventry I will quite happily travel the 120-140 mile round trip from Nottingham to get them to carry out any work I cant do myself.

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Quite tempted to get some Pro Race 1.2's/Superturismo's and get them powdercoated White for the Summer, these RS4 reps have seen better days and will definately need a refurb soon - but I dont think they'd look right in any colour other than what they are now!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Not quite the same big plans as you have Joe, been following your progress thread quite closely :)!

All that I have planned at the minute is more tweaks to the handling (Rear ARB & More Bushes) and a bit of perfecting (New LCR Splitter, few scratches to be repaired etc.)

Initially I was going to go for a K03 Hybrid with Quaife Diff, but me being me I've already decided what car I want next. So im trying to strike a compromise between improving the Ibiza so I can enjoy her for the next 18 months and saving money to put towards my next car & modifications for that, as I plan to pile a large amount of money into it, as you are doing with your Ibiza :)!

Just seen this, sorry I didn't reply, when you say repair scratches how detailed are you going?? I found so many more that I wanted on mine :(

Still need to do more with my handling too - have you had any plans for which ARB's to get and things?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.