My Mk3 Imperial Blue K03S Ibiza Cupra :)

Liamx

MK3 Ibiza Cupra :)
Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Theres a part of what looks like the rad cowling slicing into it all of the time, once the hose is off to be replaced ill cut said part off with the dremel as it looks to have no use whatsoever :).

Ill have a bash tonight and post it up :)!

One of my family members works for a mobile scratch removal company, so im hoping I can get him to do them for a reduced price ;). There's a couple of scratches which are visable from all angles and lights - those will go first and the other scratches which arent so visible will be done later on. (Excellent work with your bodywork whilst we're on the subject of paint by the way :)!)

Ill probably go for a 28mm Rear Neuspeed ARB to get rid of some of the understeer :). Haha im sure its only a matter of time Joe, your focus has been elsewhere recently :)!

Need to get some DS2500 pads and braided hoses too!

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
It seems im not the only one with this hose issue; http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=293321

Have just ordered the following from Sere Motor's; new lower coolant hose, new jacking point cover for the drivers side as one is missing and new covers for the reclining mechanism on the seats as they are both missing.

Ive also ordered a new expansion tank from VW Spares, my current one is quite badly stained and has a nice amount of dirt in the bottom :). (Dont ask why I didnt order that from Sere Motor's aswell, complete brain dead moment there :)!)

Cant afford any of these parts at the minute if im honest, but I couldnt give a Monkeys :lol:. Overdraft increase you say? Right o! :)

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
lovely car pal!

Cheers mate :)!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All my parts turned up on Friday & Saturday whilst I was away from home, so they were all ready for me to fit on my return on Sunday morning. Strangely enough I was actually looking forward to doing it as with the rubbish weather I havent had chance to do much mechanical work to the car myself.

New bits; (Thank you to SERE Motors & VWSpares.co.uk)

Since my coolant was going to have to be drained anyway, I figured it would be a good time to swap my dirty old expansion tank for a nice new one, dirty old one about to be removed;

Old one in comparison to the new one;

New one fitted;

Another comparison with the new one whilst in situe;

I then reattached all the hoses and plugs id removed to allow easier access to remove the expansion tank and set on with removing the split rad hose.

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Firstly I removed the bracket which holds the standard engine cover on and disconnected the top part of the hose; (Id seriously advise having a bucket underneath to catch the coolant as there's alot more than you'd expect :)!)

Lobbox, ive forgotten to rotate this one, turn your monitor sideways or tilt your head, because I cant be bothered to re-upload it :lol:.

Once this was removed I unclipped the bottom half of the hose and removed the hose (Again, have a bucket underneath to catch the coolant). I dont have any pictures of the bottom half unfortunately as the lighting's too bad under there to get anything worthwhile.

Bare in mind this hose had a SERIOUS amount of hose fixing tape wrapped around it the last time I fixed the leak;

Refitting the hose can be abit annoying, I find the best way to do this is put the top clip onto the hose but quite far down to allow you to push the hose on when needs be, and leave the bottom clip off the hose. Instead, put the bottom clip onto the attachment on the rad to allow you to push the hose on, open up the clip, push the hose in completely and release the clip. Then obviously attach the top clip as required. Old and new;

To replaced the hose, expansion tank and coolant took me 2 hours in total. I used a 50:50 mixture of coolant and water since it looks like its going to be a cold winter, and ran her for a few minutes with the expansion tank cap off to allow air locks to escape. However after a minute or two my secondary water pump was screaming like there was no tomorrow, a drive to work with the heaters on full blast sorted it out nicely and must've let out an air lock that way :).

Thats all for now, next on the list is to get a service done at Stealth Racing (Need the stamp for my service history :)) and a new splitter!

Last edited:

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Its fair to say ive completely fallen out of love with the car at the minute.

With yet ANOTHER coolant leak, ABS playing up yet AGAIN, im tempted to either sell the piece of s#@t or set it on bloody fire.

Honestly had enough of it now, by far the least reliable car ive ever owned.

stuibaby

MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!
Aug 14, 2009
Bristol/Bath
Its amazing what a new bottle and bit of pipe does to a engine bay! were they much?

Where is the coolant leaking from do you know?

Iv been pulling my hair out at times with my Cupra spitting EML codes at me - just breathe, get it sorted and fall back in love with the car :)

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
The expansion tank was £7 & £8 postage, so pennies really :)!

I ordered 4 tubes of Autosol from eBay a few weeks ago which have finally turned up today, so ill be putting some elbow grease into the rocker cover, inlet manifold & charge pipe soon :).

Not a clue this time around! Going to have to inspect and test every single pipe :(.

Very true :), hopefully once this bad weather clears up and she's fixed I can get back to enjoying her!

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
nice car buddy

- Dyno printout showing peak figures of;
263.6 flywheel horsepower
284.9 lb’s torque

lol what happend on that dyno was it falling of a cliff at the time lol

220 to 240 more realistic

love the look of this car top work

stuibaby

MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!
Aug 14, 2009
Bristol/Bath
The expansion tank was £7 & £8 postage, so pennies really :)!

I ordered 4 tubes of Autosol from eBay a few weeks ago which have finally turned up today, so ill be putting some elbow grease into the rocker cover, inlet manifold & charge pipe soon :).

Not a clue this time around! Going to have to inspect and test every single pipe :(.

Very true :), hopefully once this bad weather clears up and she's fixed I can get back to enjoying her!

Thats is pennies! i think a clean engine bay makes such a difference (Mostly psychological im sure!)

Youll have to get new pics up after your engine bay see's 4 tubes of Autosol applied - it will probably get me ordering the same then!

Iv waxed my car for winter and will probs wait until the sun warms up a bit to start adding additional touches to mine :)

Latest episode i had with mine was my EML light going mad after my car was boosting like crazy! Cupra no like the cold i think.

Look forward to seeing your shiny engine bay :)

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
nice car buddy

- Dyno printout showing peak figures of;
263.6 flywheel horsepower
284.9 lb’s torque

lol what happend on that dyno was it falling of a cliff at the time lol

220 to 240 more realistic

love the look of this car top work

Hahah yeah I know, the torque's not too far off but that bhp figure is waayyy out! As you say more likely to be up and around 240 :). Cheers mate!

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Thats is pennies! i think a clean engine bay makes such a difference (Mostly psychological im sure!)

Youll have to get new pics up after your engine bay see's 4 tubes of Autosol applied - it will probably get me ordering the same then!

Iv waxed my car for winter and will probs wait until the sun warms up a bit to start adding additional touches to mine :)

Latest episode i had with mine was my EML light going mad after my car was boosting like crazy! Cupra no like the cold i think.

Look forward to seeing your shiny engine bay :)

I ordered my expansion tank from www.vwspares.co.uk, came pretty swiftly :)!

Haha I wont be applying all 4 tubes, was just much cheaper than Halfrauds to buy them as I did. £6 for a 75g tube in Halfrauds whereas I payed £12 for 4 100g tubes off the bay :)! Will probably use a tube between my engine bay and my exhaust as its covered in carbon!

You'll have to get a progress thread up so we can see how you're doing when the weather picks up :)!

Did you get her onto VAG COM? :)

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Had her serviced at Stealth Racing yesterday and she feels very fresh at the minute :)! Although it might just be in my mind - it does feel like its pulling better :).

Also had them look at my ABS problem, was constantly kicking in under 10mph regardless of wether I was braking or not & the ECU wasnt detecting it as a fault wary of turning the ABS off. The boys at Stealh believed it was a front drivers side ABS sensor which was replaced under warranty as I only had a new one a couple of months ago.

Also had some problems with my alarm going off constantly recently, but it seems to have fixed itself for now! Shock horror!

That has got to be the end of my problems surely?!

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Took her for her MOT yesterday and she passed first time without a single advisory! I was expecting a novel of failures, I know personally that her ABS problem still exists - but clearly she behaved herself during the testing!

Anyone will know this feeling, after having buckets & harnesses - normal seats & seat belts just dont cut it. I've been trying to resist this for quite some time but unfortunately for my bank balance its become an itch I just cant resist scratching!

In the near future (all being well ofcourse!) I'll be ordering a set of Corbeau Revolutions & Sparco 3" 4 Point Harnesses along with either a bolt in rear cage (awaiting on qoutes & details from Safety Devices) or a Harness bar :).

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Annoyingly i've had to all but scrap my plans for buckets :(

I needed them to be fitted in such a way that they could easily be removed, but due to the way SEAT have fitted the standard seats, I have the choice of cutting away part of the floor or bodging some frames together and having really high seats, never of which I want!

Instead I spent £550 on new bits ;) A few bits from Badger5 & a little something from Awesome GTI which arrived today :)!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Annoyingly i've had to all but scrap my plans for buckets :(

I needed them to be fitted in such a way that they could easily be removed, but due to the way SEAT have fitted the standard seats, I have the choice of cutting away part of the floor or bodging some frames together and having really high seats, never of which I want!

Instead I spent £550 on new bits ;) A few bits from Badger5 & a little something from Awesome GTI which arrived today :)!

Me likes that ARB :D let me know how it is to drive once fitted, going to need one of these soon enough... Are all the problems sorted now??

Liamx

Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Will do mate :)! Hoping it gets rid of abit of the understeer!

Yeah seem to be, one tiny ABS problem left to fix but thats all :D!

Was going to reply to your door lock thread with a cheesey comment ;) - If I get home from work tomorrow and its still light ill whip my passenger door card off and have a look for you :).

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Will do mate :)! Hoping it gets rid of a bit of the understeer!

You get understeer!? Hell, I get everything but in my ibiza! must be the 1.8t engine... Let us know how much difference it makes, might be worth a bit of investment....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.