Options affecting Leon lead times

300SEATCUPRA

Dec 7, 2017
It's still something! I'm honestly not sure how I managed to end up with a GTI either... But I ain't complaining!!

Booked my train ticket to go collect first weekend in March :D
3aa0cce28a9316f2588d708940471a36.jpg

Hi - funnily enough I have the exact same gti as you in white mk7 version (not 7.5) - also waiting on an order. Didnt know if it'd help you but I'm in the same boat as you, have to pick my new car up from a dealers over 150 miles away. They said I could take my golf loan car and drop it at the dealers rather than have to organise another transport method.. Saves me a few quid on trains

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Quick update.

I received my cheque for £250 today. It was sent recorded delivery with a letter from a customer relations manager.

The car is still currently on track to be built next week.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Hi - funnily enough I have the exact same gti as you in white mk7 version (not 7.5) - also waiting on an order. Didnt know if it'd help you but I'm in the same boat as you, have to pick my new car up from a dealers over 150 miles away. They said I could take my golf loan car and drop it at the dealers rather than have to organise another transport method.. Saves me a few quid on trains

They said the same to me, actually. Hire company dropped it off and said give them a ring and they'd be able to sort out picking it up from the dealership when I collect my Leon.

But given price of fuel and distance it's actually cheaper for me to get the train so that's what I'm going to do. Also saves doing around 9 hours of driving in a single day - which I wouldn't mind, but I'm going to go on the safe side :p

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Odd that. Mine was delayed from mid november til end of jan. Wheres my cheque!

Same. I’ve waited the longest according to the spreadsheet so far but no mention of a cheque for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
I've just got off the phone with JCB Seat to see if my unconfirmed build week 5 has now change to confirmed and to my surprise they have said that my car has been built and has left the factory. It should be with them in the next couple of weeks.

I have asked if they can keep hold of it and register it on an 18 plate but because I am purchasing it through PCP they have to check with the finance company. Hopefully there won't be a problem.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I have asked if they can keep hold of it and register it on an 18 plate but because I am purchasing it through PCP they have to check with the finance company. Hopefully there won't be a problem.
They don't have to 'check with the finance company' at all. If they tell you SEAT Finance want the car registered in January/February they are lying to you and just want the registration for their target.

All SEAT/SEAT Finance campaigns run quarterly, not monthly, so it makes no difference to the finance company whether the car is registered in January/February/March.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
They don't have to 'check with the finance company' at all. If they tell you SEAT Finance want the car registered in January/February they are lying to you and just want the registration for their target.

All SEAT/SEAT Finance campaigns run quarterly, not monthly, so it makes no difference to the finance company whether the car is registered in January/February/March.

Thanks for the info Scrogg. Could I insist on it not being registered until March if it comes to it?

I am actually down in London to see a gig on the 2nd of March and am staying over. It would be ideal to get the train the next day to go and pick it up.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Could I insist on it not being registered until March if it comes to it?
You can insist on whatever you want - you're the customer!

The only part of a new car order that is time-sensitive is a part-exchange value. Everything else stays the same regardless of when the new car is registered within a campaign period.

KGoogle

Jan 7, 2018
I've just got off the phone with JCB Seat to see if my unconfirmed build week 5 has now change to confirmed and to my surprise they have said that my car has been built and has left the factory. It should be with them in the next couple of weeks.

When did you order?

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016

But the garage need it registered and gone to get the money from VW finance to clear their books. If you pay up front you can have it registered whenever you want.

Illogical to whinge it's been taking too long then ask to delay it further!

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Check out the link to a spreadsheet in my signature. That’ll tell you what we’ve all ordered and when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
But the garage need it registered and gone to get the money from VW finance to clear their books.
No they don't. SEAT Finance/VWFS (UK) Ltd don't require a car to actually be registered in order to activate an agreement and pay the dealership for it, and coming up to a registration change month will do that up to three weeks in advance.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
But the garage need it registered and gone to get the money from VW finance to clear their books. If you pay up front you can have it registered whenever you want.

Illogical to whinge it's been taking too long then ask to delay it further!

Please point me to where I have ever whinged about how long it has taken. When I ordered on the 25th of October I was given a lead time of 30-32 weeks. It now looks like it will be delivered in approximately half of that time and I am more than happy that I don't have to wait another couple of months for it.

I am not leasing the car and probably will pay off the finance at the end of the PCP. If I sell it in a year or so after that then the 18 plate should add a few hundred pounds to the value. Why would I want to pick it up two weeks before the new plate is out?

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
No they don't. SEAT Finance/VWFS (UK) Ltd don't require a car to actually be registered in order to activate an agreement and pay the dealership for it, and coming up to a registration change month will do that up to three weeks in advance.

It will need to be sold and gone with paperwork signed before the garage get their money. This is why they - I think rightly - don't want to have it hanging around.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
As others have said, give them a delivery date, dealer has so many weeks to pay for the car from delivery. Cash or finance does not matter a one bit, unless the finance deal has an expiry date.

When I ordered mine I had to take delivery by the end of March 2018 to qualify for deposit allowance and would have not had the car till March 1st if it had be delivered early.

Between a 67 18 and 18 18 is around £300 come px time just for the plate change. So worth it financially holding off till March

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
As others have said, give them a delivery date, dealer has so many weeks to pay for the car from delivery. Cash or finance does not matter a one bit, unless the finance deal has an expiry date.

When I ordered mine I had to take delivery by the end of March 2018 to qualify for deposit allowance and would have not had the car till March 1st if it had be delivered early.

Between a 67 18 and 18 18 is around £300 come px time just for the plate change. So worth it financially holding off till March

I am just going to sit tight and wait for a phone call from the dealer probably within the next couple of weeks. I have already requested waiting so hopefully they will come back with it all being OK and it will save any hasstle.

I see you are in Derby Jezyg? look out for an FR1.8TSI in Mystery Blue with performance machined alloys, driving around the Chellaston Area any time after March the 1st:). It will probably be me because I haven't seen another of it's kind around here.

Last edited: