Options affecting Leon lead times

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I am just going to sit tight and wait for a phone call from the dealer probably within the next couple of weeks. I have already requested waiting so hopefully they will come back with it all being OK and it will save any hasstle.

I see you are in Derby Jezyg? look out for an FR1.8TSI in Mystery Blue with performance machined alloys, driving around the Chellaston Area any time after March the 1st:). It will probably be me because I haven't seen another of it's kind around here.

Good call - yep will keep my eyes peeled as you will also see me early March time in the Chellaston area in not quite so striking Mediterranean Blue - small world! ;)

Pdog

Jan 22, 2004
Bexhill, E.Sussex
Visit site
This is an interesting thread and I am glad I stumbled upon it. I originally ordered my Leon back end of October with an estimated delivery month of May.

The issue at the time of ordering was one of the icentives was the car has to be registered before Mach 2018. However with the current lead times (at the time) the dealer had to check their position as the car in theory wouldn’t be ready in time. A week of waiting and the dealer confirmed that SEAT would have to honour the deal.

Fast forward to this week and I contacted SEAT customer services and they confirmed a week 5 build. With that being said (this could be a stupid question) would my dealer register the car without physically having the car?

If it is a week 5 build is the likelyhood it won’t be delivered until mid March?

I too would want the car registered with an 18 plate.

My car is also PCP.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...would my dealer register the car without physically having the car?
No. They are unable to register a car until it has arrived in the UK, passed through the Import Centre and been released to the transport company for delivery to their site.

If it is a week 5 build is the likelyhood it won’t be delivered until mid March?
Week 5 is the last build week that SEAT guarantee will arrive in the UK before the end of February, so you will have the car early March.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I always ask dealer not to register my cars until I've checked it over 1st as I have had problems before and had to reject cars in the past. My SEAT dealer have said thats fine

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018
I always ask dealer not to register my cars until I've checked it over 1st as I have had problems before and had to reject cars in the past. My SEAT dealer have said thats fine

I assume this means you have to visit the dealer to check it over but then come back in a few days / weeks once they have registered it, or is it now an instant process?

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I assume this means you have to visit the dealer to check it over but then come back in a few days / weeks once they have registered it, or is it now an instant process?
Yes thats right. They did say they tend to register when the car arrives in country, but fine doing it this way

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Another update for the spreadsheet.
I had a build week of week 5.

Just had confirmation from SEAT CS that my car was built yesterday and is in transit. I've been quoted at approx 4 weeks from now.

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Just for reference I ordered in October.

Reason was quoted as unprecedented demand in all models (and thus lack of planning/foresight/capacity in the factory).

Given some have ordered later and their car has been built it seems like complete pot luck as to how slots get allocated.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.