Options affecting Leon lead times

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
We have no tracking to see the status of the order. The VW site has one.

It is even frustrating and this situation is not normal for a factory.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
The really odd thing is a few here have ordered in June and even the beginning of July and have their cars already, OK so none of them were EcoTsi engines, much is pure speculation, what I do know with a degree of credibility because my wife is in the process of leasing a SEAT and I have spoken to the lease company who often bulk purchase 50-100 at a time is that.......

The SC and ST versions are taking up to 2 months longer than 5 door hatchbacks......... The FR 17 inch stock wheels are adding 6-8 weeks............ the 18 inch machined alloys are also adding 6 - 8 weeks, the SEAT sound upgrade is adding 2-4 weeks, the EcoTsi is adding (it varies week on week) 9 - 14 weeks, the 150HP Turbo Diesel is adding 8 weeks.

I asked him to clarify what "adding" actually meant, he said on top of a minimum build time of 10 - 12 weeks.

Don't know if all that is exact but it's the closest I have got to an informed discussion on the delays, this was on Saturday Morning.

rmkvi

Jul 31, 2017
The really odd thing is a few here have ordered in June and even the beginning of July and have their cars already, OK so none of them were EcoTsi engines, much is pure speculation, what I do know with a degree of credibility because my wife is in the process of leasing a SEAT and I have spoken to the lease company who often bulk purchase 50-100 at a time is that.......

The SC and ST versions are taking up to 2 months longer than 5 door hatchbacks......... The FR 17 inch stock wheels are adding 6-8 weeks............ the 18 inch machined alloys are also adding 6 - 8 weeks, the SEAT sound upgrade is adding 2-4 weeks, the EcoTsi is adding (it varies week on week) 9 - 14 weeks, the 150HP Turbo Diesel is adding 8 weeks.

I asked him to clarify what "adding" actually meant, he said on top of a minimum build time of 10 - 12 weeks.

Don't know if all that is exact but it's the closest I have got to an informed discussion on the delays, this was on Saturday Morning.

Well if this holds true then I would have to expect my Leon ST 1.4EcoTSI to arrive March next year (ordered end of July). That would be actually the minimum scenario (taking into account the lowest values in your post). Meanwhile my dealer is still claiming that I will have it before Christmas (non-binding build week is currently scheduled as week of Nov 20). Will be interesting to see though.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
I order a new LEon Fr 26 of September is 1.4 ecoTsi150 whi 18' performed wheels, system sound, sunroof etc

Anyone have a estimated date for my car? Next year ?

ima

Apr 6, 2014
I ordered Leon fr125 with 17” wheels start of July. I rang dealer for update who found build date end January. I changed wheels to 18” performance which has brought unconfirmed build date of week 43 end of October. Even if that happens it would be 5 months until delivery. Seat must have no demand and supply strategy. It’s almost as if they didn’t expect Leon to be so popular. Any idea why Seat are being so hopeless ?

Last edited:

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
My new fr is on a boat called the Verona just off the coast of France near Brest (o)(o) ! (Sorry couldn't resist that - boys never grow up, eh?) looking online it's heading for a port called flushing so not sure if the boat stops in the uk or it's transported from the Netherlands.

robot1000

Oct 2, 2017
The frustrating thing is I've not been informed of *any* delivery dates yet

If they pulled their finger out and said "Yes, it'll be December, sorry" then I would be a bit more forgiving. But to have been in the dark for over 3 months (so far) is very frustrating.

My other car is a VW Polo GTI and by comparison VW almost updated me every time another component was added...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I ordered it as a through a leasing company, so the updated times came via an automated email.

When I called to follow it up with the leasing company, I was informed that SEAT systems are poor and they are keep changing the anticipated delivery time when in fact the build date would remain the same. So fingers crossed

op_

Sep 20, 2017
My new fr is on a boat called the Verona just off the coast of France near Brest (o)(o) ! (Sorry couldn't resist that - boys never grow up, eh?) looking online it's heading for a port called flushing so not sure if the boat stops in the uk or it's transported from the Netherlands.

How do you know that??

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield

Ugggghhhh the only thing in this list I have is the SEAT Sound pack, but even then I should really only be looking at 12-16 weeks.

It's been 9 weeks since order for me (end of July) and I've not got a build date from my dealer yet :(

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017

I'm now 15 weeks since order and the only extra I have from that list is the standard 17" wheels. Not an EcoTSI which I know was the biggest hold up at one point as I believe Audi released a few cars with it and were getting priority.

That would bring it up to 20 weeks total which would actually tie in (roughly) with my initial dates, but I've got nothing from them so far.

I tried SEAT Customer Service again this afternoon so we shall see what they reply with. In the meantime, I'm scouting for deals from other manufacturers...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
When we ordered our ST 1.8 dsg the salesman told us we could change the colour up to 4 weeks before it was built.

Last week I emailed to change the colour and guess what 'no can do' - apparently it has been allocated a build week, 48! But the build weeks can still change, I guessing as it's a Motability order it will change to even later!

Then another 3 weeks to get to the dealer.

So instead of taking delivery at the end of October it's looking like the end of December or sometime in 2018!

Can't say I happy with the service from the dealer or Seat themselves.

The car better be bloody good when it eventually arrives!

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Well if this holds true then I would have to expect my Leon ST 1.4EcoTSI to arrive March next year (ordered end of July). That would be actually the minimum scenario (taking into account the lowest values in your post). Meanwhile my dealer is still claiming that I will have it before Christmas (non-binding build week is currently scheduled as week of Nov 20). Will be interesting to see though.

Well I suppose the good news is that they don't all stack up as in some will obviously run concurrently, you would hope that some of the stuff they may be waiting for would be on order and arrive in the same window allowing a build to start if you get my drift, I mean if the longest single wait is for the EcoTsi you have to hope that if anyone had other options that invoked delays they would arrive by the time the engine did.

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Catalonia unrest

In the news yesterday about the unrest in Catalonia:
SEAT, owned by Germany's Volkswagen, was forced to halt production on one of three production lines at its plant 40 kms (25 miles) from Barcelona in the afternoon because the road closures interrupted supply of a part, a spokesman said.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
In the news yesterday about the unrest in Catalonia:
SEAT, owned by Germany's Volkswagen, was forced to halt production on one of three production lines at its plant 40 kms (25 miles) from Barcelona in the afternoon because the road closures interrupted supply of a part, a spokesman said.

:lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.