Options affecting Leon lead times

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
What did you order?

Leon FR 1.4 ECOTSI in Mystery Blue for me.
Optional Extras:
SEAT Sound Pack
Driver Convenience Pack Plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leon 5dr 1.4 125bhp FR Technology in Boheme Purple.

Only option was the space saver spare wheel. (I've been left stranded with only a bottle of tyre gunge before and don't fancy having to do that again)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Leon 5dr 1.4 125bhp FR Technology in Boheme Purple.

Only option was the space saver spare wheel. (I've been left stranded with only a bottle of tyre gunge before and don't fancy having to do that again)

Did you order yours before or after me? I'd expect yours to be quicker considering the 125bhp engine isn't said to add any delays.

Completely agree with the spare wheel, I'd didn't realise they weren't standard! Luckily it comes with the SEAT Sound Pack as the subwoofer sits inside it.

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Did you order yours before or after me? I'd expect yours to be quicker considering the 125bhp engine isn't said to add any delays.

Completely agree with the spare wheel, I'd didn't realise they weren't standard! Luckily it comes with the SEAT Sound Pack as the subwoofer sits inside it.

Paid deposit on 20th June, so on or around that date, give or take a day or two. From what I've read it should have been quicker, seems I'm the exception here...

Wish I'd known the spare comes with the sound pack and I would have gone for that. I thought it would be the opposite, i.e. the wheel is taken out to make room for the subwoofer!

(Edit to add) Just called the dealer who advises I'm still on unconfirmed Week 48.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Paid deposit on 20th June, so on or around that date, give or take a day or two. From what I've read it should have been quicker, seems I'm the exception here...

Wish I'd known the spare comes with the sound pack and I would have gone for that. I thought it would be the opposite, i.e. the wheel is taken out to make room for the subwoofer!

Yeah, I was told if I ordered the 125bhp version I'd have it in 24-26 weeks which breaks down as follows:

12-14 weeks standard lead time
Plus 8 weeks delay for the standard 17" FR wheels
Plus 4 weeks delay for a summer factory shutdown

Opposed to the following for the ECOTSI 150bhp:

Plus 8 weeks delay for the ECOTSI engine

When I say the spare wheel comes with the Sound Pack, I probably still paid for it. I think I HAD to add it to get the sound pack. It's cool how they do it, have a look at the image which is from my current Leon. The sub is inside the wheel. Gone are the days where a sub is a whopping great thing in the boot.
4aaca7f45f9c5ece55c15312bbadeb1a.jpg

MOT done no advisories - that's a relief.

Last edited:

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, I was told if I ordered the 125bhp version I'd have it in 24-26 weeks which breaks down as follows:

When I say the spare wheel comes with the Sound Pack, I probably still paid for it. I think I HAD to add it to get the sound pack. It's cool how they do it, have a look at the image which is from my current Leon. The sub is inside the wheel. Gone are the days where a sub is a whopping great thing in the boot.

[Pic]

24-26 weeks actually ties in pretty well then. I was told 20 weeks and have "Estimated delivery 06/11/17". Ideal, I thought, as current lease is returned 01/11/17.

Alas, now looking at 6 weeks between current car going back and new one arriving.

Very neat looking system! The wife will be driving the Leon more often than me anyway so I doubt the sound system will be missed.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
24-26 weeks actually ties in pretty well then. I was told 20 weeks and have "Estimated delivery 06/11/17". Ideal, I thought, as current lease is returned 01/11/17.

Alas, now looking at 6 weeks between current car going back and new one arriving.

Very neat looking system! The wife will be driving the Leon more often than me anyway so I doubt the sound system will be missed.

Perhaps your dealer didn't account for, or didn't know about the factory shutdown.

Yeah it's frustrating isn't it. Luckily I'm already on a PCP deal with VWFS so they extended it by 2 months. However, I don't know what happens after December if I don't get the new car. They told me they could only allow a 2 month extension!

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
I did see your post but I read it that you'd ticked most of the options list ;)

Hey kiddo, you're right I did tick most of the options but I have since asked if any of the options would impact the build/delivery times and was told that nothing would. I was told that the facelift Leon and the new Ibiza have proved to be very popular and surprised even SEAT.

Have you ordered a 4Drive?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Just heard from another member of staff at the dealer. The one I having been speaking to has left. This guy reckons my build week won't be until week 48 now and has said that he spoke to SEAT UK operations this morning to confirm that. Joy.

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Just heard from another member of staff at the dealer. The one I having been speaking to has left. This guy reckons my build week won't be until week 48 now and has said that he spoke to SEAT UK operations this morning to confirm that. Joy.

that's disappointing. Same boat as me then, literally and metaphorically.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Hey kiddo, you're right I did tick most of the options but I have since asked if any of the options would impact the build/delivery times and was told that nothing would. I was told that the facelift Leon and the new Ibiza have proved to be very popular and surprised even SEAT.

Have you ordered a 4Drive?
Thanks for info ukriggers. Not ordered yet but think I may do in a couple of months. I had vwfs call me to check on my next lease as they advised of extra long lead times on factory orders. I was contemplating buying my 280st at lease end but sounds like this is handled by a 3rd party who will want a cut so less likely to be a sweet deal for me. Shame really as i love my 280 but on the other hand a good excuse to plum for the St 3drive.

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
Thanks for info ukriggers. Not ordered yet but think I may do in a couple of months. I had vwfs call me to check on my next lease as they advised of extra long lead times on factory orders. I was contemplating buying my 280st at lease end but sounds like this is handled by a 3rd party who will want a cut so less likely to be a sweet deal for me. Shame really as i love my 280 but on the other hand a good excuse to plum for the St 3drive.

The famous Reliant Robin ST 3Drive hey? Sorry but it made me chuckle.

This will be my first ever SEAT and am so looking forward to it. I have read and seen plenty of reviews for the 280, 290 and 300's and am glad there has been a marked improvement to each one. I was really impressed when I had an hours test drive in a 4Drive at SEAT Stoke and placed my order the week after. I must admit it's been a painful wait but I can now see light at the end of the tunnel and feel so much better for it.

Have you had a test drive in the 300 4Drive to compare with your current car? It would be interesting to see what you thought/think.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
The famous Reliant Robin ST 3Drive hey? Sorry but it made me chuckle.

This will be my first ever SEAT and am so looking forward to it. I have read and seen plenty of reviews for the 280, 290 and 300's and am glad there has been a marked improvement to each one. I was really impressed when I had an hours test drive in a 4Drive at SEAT Stoke and placed my order the week after. I must admit it's been a painful wait but I can now see light at the end of the tunnel and feel so much better for it.

Have you had a test drive in the 300 4Drive to compare with your current car? It would be interesting to see what you thought/think.
Ha ha a reliant with 300bhp, now that I would like to see.

Not driven one yet. Will wait till nearer the time to compare. The misses wants a suv but I'm not sold on the whole large canal barge. The alfa suv gets decent reviews but can't see myself in one. The only other option within budget is a golf but less standard equipment than the Leon so a non starter. Kept us posted on your new car experience ;)

Last edited:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I reckon it did a pick up and drop off at the Netherlands, don't forget the Ateca and other VAG cars come from Europe.

It's now parked at Sheerness, been looking for a webcam :)

I think mine may well have been on it too! Broker rang this morning to say it has arrived at port, will take a few days for them to physically get it but I should have it by the end of next week latest (it is being delivered as I purchased through the broker), I ordered on 18th July so tomorrow will be 12 weeks exactly so hopefully 13 is lucky for some! :D

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I think mine may well have been on it too! Broker rang this morning to say it has arrived at port, will take a few days for them to physically get it but I should have it by the end of next week latest (it is being delivered as I purchased through the broker), I ordered on 18th July so tomorrow will be 12 weeks exactly so hopefully 13 is lucky for some! :D

Yay :happy:

(I'm not jealous AT ALL!)

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex

4aaca7f45f9c5ece55c15312bbadeb1a.jpg

MOT done no advisories - that's a relief.

I don't understand why it's accepted that the weeks get added together for items that have waits? Surely if there's an 8 week wait for alloys and 8 weeks for the ecotsi then that's still a total of an 8 week wait (not 16) as they're the same 8 weeks?? They're surely not ordering one part receiving it and then ordering the next bit?? Lol

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I don't understand why it's accepted that the weeks get added together for items that have waits? Surely if there's an 8 week wait for alloys and 8 weeks for the ecotsi then that's still a total of an 8 week wait (not 16) as they're the same 8 weeks?? They're surely not ordering one part receiving it and then ordering the next bit?? Lol

You'd like to think not! I'm just going off what I've been told.

jamietsylvester

Jul 19, 2017
My first dealer is the same and don't telling me anything. Talk to the dealer and request the order number. When you have the order number speaks directly to seat support.

Just had a phone call from an executive at SEAT UK after I raised a complaint about the communication of my dealer. It turns out my order has now been 'prioritised' and will be built in week 45 (w/c 6th November) with delivery expected around 9th December - I make that a whopping 22 weeks from order to delivery - some way off the original 14-15 weeks quoted by my dealer upon ordering (if that was right, I would be collecting the car this week). Not happy at all. However, after all this, at least I've now got a contact who actually wants to give me details about my order, and I have now even got my order number which my dealer would not give me.

Also, as a footnote - for the love of God, avoid Pentagon SEAT in Scunthorpe. Totally unacceptable.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Just had a phone call from an executive at SEAT UK after I raised a complaint about the communication of my dealer. It turns out my order has now been 'prioritised' and will be built in week 45 (w/c 6th November) with delivery expected around 9th December - I make that a whopping 22 weeks from order to delivery - some way off the original 14-15 weeks quoted by my dealer upon ordering (if that was right, I would be collecting the car this week). Not happy at all. However, after all this, at least I've now got a contact who actually wants to give me details about my order, and I have now even got my order number which my dealer would not give me.

Also, as a footnote - for the love of God, avoid Pentagon SEAT in Scunthorpe. Totally unacceptable.

Good news Jamie

When you say speak to SEAT UK directly. How? What's the number?

jamietsylvester

Jul 19, 2017
Good news Jamie

When you say speak to SEAT UK directly. How? What's the number?

Well, they contacted me after I had a little rant on Twitter. There is a number to call for the main customer service department on their website 08 08 5 222 222, but I don't think this is the same office I spoke to.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members