Ovni Yellow Ibiza Sport PD130 -Hybrid Turbo, BBS RK 504's

Mar 19, 2010
No unfortunatly(due to s*** weather), hopefully getting it laquered up this weekend :). I found the cause of bubbling anyway, was the points id fillered. sanded and touched up.

Should have the main body of the car out to do the bumpers by next week hopefully :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2010
finally got some good weather and was warm enough to clear coat :)...... will hopefully have it out of the garage this weekend and will take some pics before and after wetsand !

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
finally got some good weather and was warm enough to clear coat :)...... will hopefully have it out of the garage this weekend and will take some pics before and after wetsand !

Just remember when you polish it up after cutting it back make sure that mop head is dead clean and has no grit in it. I would recommend claying the car before machine polishing and I had loads of shite in my paint work/ in the mop head and it's now left me with swirled paintwork, meaning I have to either detail it or get it detailed (which my mate is doing for me this weekend :D)

Mar 19, 2010
I have ordered brand new machine heads , a meguiers wool light cutting and a buffing head too. will G60 compound be alright ? (also im using meguiars 3000 grit), so far so good , got bits of dust here and there , hopefully the wetsand and flatting will remove them I guess ?

Mar 19, 2010
P1537_02-04-11.jpg

While Ive been waiting ... I thought id have ago at carbon wrap. Did my front badge in 3m Vinyl

Mar 19, 2010
Ive never done it before.... hopefully it wont take the 4 painful months of waiting for weather haha

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Ive never done it before.... hopefully it wont take the 4 painful months of waiting for weather haha

Don't count your chickens lol, not as easy as you think, and when you do it and then rinse off the car, let it dry and you'll look at it in horror because it will be matt, don't worry though it will shine up :). Just make make sure that there's no rubbish left on the paint work or it will soon be in it after polishing! Another thing I found was that when I did it inside my tent I couldn't actually see the dirt on the car and thought it was clean, this contributed to the swirls and a hell of a load more work afterwards.

Not criticising or anything just don't want anyone to make the same mistake as me and find that it takes 300% more work than is needed.

Mar 19, 2010
As long as it looks decent Im not fussed. took masking off today. was looking really good. Will upload pics tommoz

Mar 19, 2010
nice weather for once so I finally got it out. Needs a few areas rubbing down still but its pretty damn good for a garage diy job :D

P1426_09-04-11.jpg

P142601_09-04-11.jpg

P1427_09-04-11.jpg

Mar 19, 2010
I have found 4 spots that need more rubbing down so i ordered some 2k grit as 3k was well too fine haha. You mean shots of it when I got it ?

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
I have found 4 spots that need more rubbing down so i ordered some 2k grit as 3k was well too fine haha. You mean shots of it when I got it ?

2000 wet and dry is what you should go over it with anyway lol, especially if you did yours in a garage! I bought 4000 as well which is like a kind of finishing paper, I got them with sponge backs as pads. Yeah I meant some side-by-side pictures.

Mar 19, 2010
OK ill put some up later. My car has a shine to it but I think I can get more out of it. Ive used some g6 and a wool cutting pad so far.... should I rego over the car again in 2000 or just polish it again with the g6 compound ?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2010
08032010294.jpg

P1427_09-04-11.jpg

top pic was done with a phone so fading cant be seen, although fresh coat is a much stronger yellow

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Using a cutting compound like G6 is about the same as going over the car with 4000 grit. I went over mine once with 2000 grit not pushing heavily. Then same with 4000 grit. It's hard to exlain and I wouldn't want to say to you yeah go over it again and find you end up sanding all the paint off.... how many coats of base and lacquer did you use?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members