Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Hi Rich,
Firstly don't buy a fibre glass one they will crack the first speed bump you hit, buy the OE one you may have to wait until you find one but its worth it.The bumper came with the main grill the one in the middle, what you need to get it to fit are the guide profiles these fix to the wings and hold the side's of the bumper on they are not the same as the cupra.
you will also need the arch extensions this is due to the bumper being deeper than the cupra and the wheel arch liner will be to short. Fogs don't fit so if you want them you will need LCR ones. All of these can be found on ebay, you may even get the guide profiles.
Prices (main dealer).
Main Grill £30
Fog Grills £8 Each
Fogs £80 each
Guide profiles £15 each
Splitter £18
The rear bumper is easter all you need are the guide profiles and the trim that runs along the rear lip and forms the exhaust exit, don't know prices for these as the bumper came with them.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
cars lovely mate, have you thought about changing the grey trim into black like the my03 or lcr ?

Yes i am doing it slowly as i come across the bits, a lot of the stuff i see on ebay is expensive and you have to watch what you pay as some times new bits from the dealers are cheaper, i was after some bits and when i checked with the dealers they where half the price that the seller wanted.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I fitted my nice new LCR suspension this weekend :funk: ( well nearly new 12,000 miles) and all fits great, i had to cut the track rod ends off but at £10 each not the end of the world, the ride is firmer and the car feels less rolly on the twisty bits, but the car sits half an inch higher :confused: i think this might be down to the old shocks being fairly worn my LC, which is an 01, and the new suspension came from a 05 car ( i think) i found my dampers where needing replacement anyway as they went down but didn't come back up, so i now have the option of LC or LCR arbs so i think when i get them i will get the LCR ones.
So for any doubters out there LCR suspension DOES fit the LC.:D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Sounds good Phil, your LC is 50Kgs lighter than the LCR so this might have been the problem.
I would go for the LCR ARB as it acts on the shocks instead of the wish bones.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I was thinking that too Phil, I would doubt the extra 50K is over the front wheels, probably more spread over the cars length. Was just a thought.
I have the 23mm front and 28mm rear. I have the rear set on mid point just now but feel it needs to go to the stiffest point (but haven't done this yet). I also have the S3 strutt brace. This feels awesome just now and I'm sure will feel better when the rear is stiffened. So I'd advise 23/28 but I haven't had a chance to see what it feels like on the edge yet so cannot comment on this. But for 'spirited' driving and day to day driving this feels great. The Octy VRS guys swaear by the same set up as mne as they have the same front and rear ends as the LCR. I do feel the 23mm bar excentuates the rubbish OEM shocks and would worry this would be excentuated more by a stiffer front bar. The 23mm R32 bar is £100 all in where aftermarket ones are more. The R32 one has the proper fittings to put this bar in the centre where the aftermarket ones don't. I haven't been in one with 25mm but would worry this would make the front end too stiff where I know the 23mm one doesn't make it too stiff. I have a friend with a LC, I took him out a spin in mine after the bars were fitted and he said it feels awesome.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I thought the LC front arb was 23mm stock, don't know why i think that must have picked it up somewhere, i have the S3 strut top and lower and a rear strut brace so only need the arabs to finish it off, its a shame the front arb is such a pita to change as i would like to try both the 25 and the 23mm to see which i prefer, £100 for the R32 not to bad i might look at that, does it include the drop links as i don't have them to fit to the LCR shocks.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Where's the extra 50k on the LCR then? i am going to go for the LCR arbs, what do you think 25-25 or 25-28, not sure.

I was thinking that too Phil, I would doubt the extra 50K is over the front wheels, probably more spread over the cars length. Was just a thought.

Dont forget the LCR has twin intercoolers, bigger intake mani, brembos, bigger discs, thicker front arb bigger alloys so will easily add up 50kg overall.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I thought the LC front arb was 23mm stock, don't know why i think that must have picked it up somewhere, i have the S3 strut top and lower and a rear strut brace so only need the arabs to finish it off, its a shame the front arb is such a pita to change as i would like to try both the 25 and the 23mm to see which i prefer, £100 for the R32 not to bad i might look at that, does it include the drop links as i don't have them to fit to the LCR shocks.
Na you'll need drop links aswell, make sure you get OEM drop links as I bought GSF ones and there pish.
The OEM LCR ARB is 18mm, the OEM LC ARB is 21 or 23mm but acting on the wishbones instead of the shocks like the LCR. The 23mm bar on the LCR is far more effective

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Na you'll need drop links aswell, make sure you get OEM drop links as I bought GSF ones and there pish.
The OEM LCR ARB is 18mm, the OEM LC ARB is 21 or 23mm but acting on the wishbones instead of the shocks like the LCR. The 23mm bar on the LCR is far more effective

Cheers Willi i will get the oe drop links then.:D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers Willi i will get the oe drop links then.:D

check that these come with the bolts aswell, you'll need 4. Get all OEM for this too as they have a lock washer attached to these on the OEM ones but Nyloc on the GSF ones.
Keep your eyes peeled for a full Octy VRS/S3/FWD TT or LCR front end, this will help your handling if you can get the subframe, wishbones and hubs.
I think I know whats making you car sit higher.
The wish bones are bolted much higher up the hub, these must be causing the elevated ride height

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I personally would go 25mm front ARB and 28mm rear ARB as the LCR suspension setup is quite soft in comparison to after market shock and spring kits I been in - including my own. This will also save you from needing a rear strut brace to stiffen up the rear. As for bushes I have superflex wishbone bushes with camber which really helped the turn in - especially good if you haven't got coilovers or the shorter steering rack of the LCR.

Last edited: