Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
If you do get a LCR at least lots of the parts are transferable, you could even make yours a track day beast.
When the weather is really good will have to meet up with wayne and get some pics.
Also out of interest how much did your catch can install cost, thinking of doing mine
That's a bit of a shame but a LCR will help you with the hybrid plans a lot better. As above you can pass on the bits or replace the ones on the LCR

Yeah but i have to sell the Cupra to get the loan, not sure what to do :confused: if i have to part exchange i will strip all the bits i can and replace with stock stuff most of which i still have. but i should get more for it selling as it is. :shrug:
The catch tanks about £25 and the pipe work probably came to about £30.

Last edited:

allrad

dude to de-activate the rain sensors stops the INT delay so i removed the sensor realy easy just prise it out slowly and blank of a few of the the IR LEDs which reduces the light reflected by the rain.

DDR

awesome looking car phil, i've not seen it and i only live up the road in drakes broughton. usewd to have a slammed mk4 golf in candy white and then a slammed colour concept mk5 polo in bright yellow to. we'll have to have a meet up, i've got a silver 51 plate cupra myself now, remapped and full miltek. needs a bit of tlc but i'm onto it. [B)]

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Right time for an up date, i have been busy for the last few weeks i have fitted my new Brembo's, i found my old RS4 alloys didn't fit over the calipers so bought some 10mm hubcentric spacers, but i been bitten by the idea for new alloys and after seeing some nice new copies of the R32 alloys i bought them, the guy selling them said they would not fit with the brembo's but when they where fitted they looked like they might but i left them for the time being as i had decided to lower it aswell so after looking at the options i went for the weitec 50mm springs so waited until i fitted them to check the wheel fit.
I also bought a cruise control kit and rear arb i have gone for the neuspeed 25mm, which i am still waiting to be delivered.
Well the wife has gone away for the week so i have taken advantage and decided to fit the cruise and the springs this weekend, the cruise was quite straight forward once i had got to grip with the instructions and took a few hours, once activated via vag-com it work's a treat.
I have now fitted the springs and am very happy with them they are not bouncy and go nicely with the LCR dampers and i think it is spot on height wise, and i am happy to say the wheels did fit over the Brembo's so no need for the spacers although i have left the rears on for the time being.
So just the rear arb to do when it arrives, stick the seat wheel centre's on and the R32 23mm front arb to save for :(

Pics of the wheels,

4081759989_83f9338f78_b.jpg

4112941938_2b4341c633_b.jpg

4112941950_efd04e330a_b.jpg

4112941958_782ab7c7f7_b.jpg

My list of mods to date now is:

Exterior.

LCR Front bumper
LC Face Lift Rear Bumper
Face Lift Skirts
Modified Projector head lights
Hids Dipped and main beam
Tinted rear lights
MK4 Golf Full aero wipers
Fabia Rear wiper
Smaller ariel
Mk5 R32 alloys
Smoked side repeaters
Full De-lock and relocated fuse

Interior.

S3 Leather Recaos
Custom made middle vent Gauge holder
LCR Vents
LCR hand brake cover
LCR pedals
LCR (210) Steering Wheel
LCR Gear knob and gate
Black trim
Door pins removed and smoothed
Cruise Control
White dials
Single CD player

Performance.

P-Torque Re-Map 220bhp 251lb torque
Neuspeed rear arb 25mm
R32 front arb 23mm
TT wishbone bush's
LCR twin Intercoolers and charge pipe
LCR Dampers
Lowered 50mm on Weitec Springs and Dampers
LCR back Box
1.9 Diesel debaffled middle section
Brembo Four pots
323mm discs
10mm Spacers on the rear
THS engine mounts and dogbone
THS full silicon hose set
THS Tip
Neuspeed air filter
Neuspeed 25mm Rear ARB
Quick Shift

Mods to come

Full Re-Spray
Hybrid K03s

Last edited:

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Yeah i have the tools, although most of the trim is clipped which will be APITA. not sure if i will be removing mine depends if i have time, just bought anew house completing on friday so the wife might be expecting me to be doing the DIY on that and not playing with the car :lol: her word not mine. but i will try we will need to be parked next to each other really.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members