Platinum FR - wolf in sheeps clothing

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Fitted the armrest over the weekend:

image_zpsd75bcd9e.jpg

Removed the centre console, cut out the rear recess to size then bolted in the mounting bracket. Replaced the console and secured the armrest in position.
Happy with it and it only took a couple of hours :)

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Got the Superpro bushes fitted into wishbones
image_zpsf56efad5.jpg

Now just have to clean & paint them before fitting - wish this bl**dy rain would go off :cry:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
So this morning as soon as the rain went off I got stuck into cleaning, painting and laquering both wishbones:
image_zpsa4e88557.jpg

Fitted with all new ball-joints, track rod ends and bolts:
image_zps2f11fe8b.jpg

image_zps22319cc5.jpg

……and decided to fit Superpro bushes on ARB:
image_zps1ac0fa72.jpg

Wouldn't recomending doing these on the roadside and in hind-sight I should have got a garage to do them, but hey-go all fitted and just waiting to get full alignment done :D

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Some nice work in amongst this thread. Wish I was a little more mechanically minded.

I love this colour, reminds me of the Toyota T-Sport colour. Wish they still did it.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Managed to acquire a Golf GTI MkIV centre sun visor for a couple of quid from a scrappy and it took longer to clean it than fit it !!!!!!!!!!!
I followed the guide by M20FES and it fitted a treat, although I didn't drill holes I just poked a small flat tip screwdriver up through the headlining :)
Visor retracted:
image_zps23f29fe8.jpg

Visor pulled down:
image_zps4f708a2c.jpg

image_zps10f42d52.jpg

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I've got one of these sat at home I never fitted. It's cream, but my interior is now black! Shame I'm 4000 miles away mark or I'd have sent it to you, looks good Bruce!

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers Josh, can't you spray yours black?

I could do, however with this car I'm trying to do things properly, instead of cutting corners like spraying the interior and grip filling the door card suede in! I can't be bothered with the hassle down the line if I'm 100% honest.

Sent from my iPhone

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members