Platinum FR - wolf in sheeps clothing

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Car looks great. Real sleeper.

Normaly the rear is lower than the front on a standard Leon. Thats why most manufactuers lower the front more than the back. Never seen a set with 30/40 to be honest.

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
i do love them porche brakes. where was it you managed to find them? been after either brembo's or porche brakes for a while just cant find any

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Tried to get a set of decent Brembos but they were going for about £600 so had a look on the Bay and got a set of Boxster S rear calipers, carriers, hoses, discs & pads for the same price :D

katexxx

hello bruceR,
I'm going to buy the same car suspension and I would like to ask you if you don't mind of course and send me some pictures of your car on these springs. I would like to see how it looks, how car presents in front, at the back and from one side. Could you send me this pics on my email that is [email protected]
thanks a lot ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

katexxx

hello bruceR,
I'm going to buy the same car suspension and I would like to ask you if you don't mind of course and send me some pictures of your car on these springs. I would like to see how it looks, how car presents in front, at the back and from one side. Could you send me this pics on my email that is [email protected]
thanks a lot ;)

I mean springs Eibach sportline -50 if you've got this one.

katexxx

Hello bruceR,
I'm still waiting for more pics which you had to add on the page or send it to my email address. When can I expect some new pics of your car? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hold on to yer horses kate, I am just home from France skiing with the lads:D
I washed the car today so it looked good for a few pics but as soon as I packed all the gear away it started bl**dy raining :cry::cry:
Hopefully I'll get a few 2moro........................anything in particular you want to see??

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Ok Kate, and others, here are a few more pics including the wheel arch gap at each corner

4D3BB750-946D-4708-B73A-F9166ABF783E_zpsgkadmtsx.jpg

0E62516A-9EBB-4548-8764-96CC27DAC255_zpsbegw5iyg.jpg

10mm Forge spacers on rear:
image_zps79053a96.jpg

Wheel arch gap (as measured from bead around tyre to wheel arch):
Rears
1E5E7A62-2811-403B-B6D6-B86425FA734D_zpstwxggnlw.jpg

Front
A630FDFC-0446-4CA6-BAD5-D82102330841_zps9hpkj9go.jpg

Last edited:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Decided to install my new W8 light but not yet wired into dimmer as I can't get a definite answer on which wire to connect it to.
New Grey light:
image_zps6d833194.jpg

image_zpsb0bcbe83.jpg

Wires & plug:
image_zps40ea727f.jpg

Have ordered 4 new LED bulbs to compliment the rest of the interior.
Will a couple more pics in morning of the light installed

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
Cars looking good again bud, just in regards to the springs you've used, would you recommend them? Or would it pay off more for coilovers? Looks like your car stands lovley with those springs though

Regards

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi Sam, cheers for the comments
As for the springs, yeah I would recommend them but if your shocks are on their way out then you may as well consider coillies, mine are ok so just went on the advice of my friendly tuner and up rated the springs :D;)

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
yeah i've been looking at various means, have just been looking at 50mm drop shocks which is a set drop. just curious to what your clearance is like though? the roads around here are terrible dont want to be scraping stuff

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members