Platinum LCR, 19" Porsche rims & flip plate *UPDATED PICS PG17*

• Thread starter Deleted member 12147
  • Start date

Deleted member 12147

Looks cool man, whats it like with the non res pipe on?

It's louder but not loud enough, so i'm gonna get a custom back box made to unleash some more noise:D It's not all about noise though, the car seems to pull better with the non res on it has definately made a noticable difference.

Deleted member 12147

They are mk4 golf aero wiper arms and blades, they were on the car when i bought it.

OVNIWCE

Mellow Yellow
Apr 12, 2011
chesire
It's louder but not loud enough, so i'm gonna get a custom back box made to unleash some more noise:D It's not all about noise though, the car seems to pull better with the non res on it has definately made a noticable difference.

Yea im shifiting my piper now, need it for work again gona see if i can get a 3 inch cat back with a large silencer :) Geting a 2.75 inch sillencer may be hard alot of custom ones are 2.5 or 3 inch what ive seen.

Deleted member 12147

The milltek back box is 3" i had to get a 3" exhaust clamp yesterday. I've been quoted £170 for a custom backbox from a local exhaust place which i thought was abit pricey gonna try a few other places before i decide.

Deleted member 12147

Cheers Paul.

List of mods I still need to do:

New turbo
Tubular manifold (maybe)
3" DP and decat
Replace milltek backbox with a custom one
New tints all round
Get winter tyres for my standard wheels, ready for when the snow hits.
New bosch aero wiperblades
Hookup the lights in my s3 airvents.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
The milltek back box is 3" i had to get a 3" exhaust clamp yesterday. I've been quoted £170 for a custom backbox from a local exhaust place which i thought was abit pricey gonna try a few other places before i decide.

Try midlands exhausts, they did mine and it sounds the nuts. Tell them the Team GTR boys recommended you and he should be able to cut you a deal ;)

Deleted member 12147

Just a little update.

Car is booked in for a replacement turbo as mines screeching like a goodun and is down on power.

Here's the current state of the blades.

bbdcd147.jpg

Deleted member 12147

Yep it's under load, checked all the obvious hoses for leaks and found nothing. When i had the conrods replaced by Midland VW they said take it easy as the turbos on its way out, that was around 9months ago now:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yep it's under load, checked all the obvious hoses for leaks and found nothing. When i had the conrods replaced by Midland VW they said take it easy as the turbos on its way out, that was around 9months ago now:whistle:

Lol I think I remember reading something about your turbo in this thread quite a while ago.. :happy:

Good to get it done though mate.

Deleted member 12147

A little update on what ive been upto. I was planning on integrating an ipad into my dash but I changed my mind and started this little project.

I bought a new pioneer HU, which has app mode support. So basically with my iphone hooked upto it I can watch tv, listen to TuneInRadio app and stream movies/music from my home server also watch Youtube and Vevo videos. Oh and with the MotionX gps app it'll show the GPS on screen.[B)]

9b9bd58a.jpg

So I decided I wanted my iphone in a place on the dash, I looked at iphone incar holders but I didn't like the idea of wires trailing everywhere and hated the look of all the cradles i'd seen.

Here is my progress so far.

Mockup made from modelling foam.

24189bce.jpg

Then Fibre glassed it

1f772b39.jpg

1ed0f268.jpg

fc78972c.jpg

07331ee3.jpg

1c741654.jpg

Still need to bond the phone mould and holder togethter then bond it to the centre console. Then the fun begins with sanding filling sanding filling:(

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
All quiet then BAM "I'm going to custom fit this to that and it's going to be mega"

You do not do things the easy way do you, can't wait to see this.

Also what's the spec of H/U looks very good