Possible vibra technics mount failure?

chris1788

Oct 23, 2010
Dubai
Two months ago installed vibra technics fast road mounts all round due to rear engine mount failing

Just fitted and had mappped gt28rs and on the dyno rear engine side mount had alot of engine movement engine looked like it was making a break for it! On drive home classic symptoms of mount failure knocking noise and exhaust vibration when pulling away knocking noise as coming on power after gear changes

Been searching and these mounts tend to be bullet proof this one has covered 700 miles tops and one track day on k03 and stage one map just wondering if the road mount cannot handle new setup or is it just failure? Or has anyone got any other suggestions had similar problem or noise

So far checked all bolts are tight removed bolts none are snapped gonna put it on ramp tomorrow at work got bored of laying on the floor any suggestions welcome

Thanks

stickle

just out of interest, did you car get really loud (hear gearbox etc) when these were fitted?

i have gearbox mount on mine, and car has got very loud

May 25, 2008
cambs
I've always been told to fit comp mounts when running over 240 bhp as they can handle more abuse
This was from Alex @ aks tuning

chris1788

Oct 23, 2010
Dubai
Mounts highlighted a few rattles that i already had but that was about it no other noises got fast road all round

I released all the mounts lifted engine slightly and then let it re settle seems better may have to upgrade again