Rough starting!!!! HELP!!!

rolyg

My 2007 Leon sport TDI 105 BHP with 15000 miles sometimes (about once a month) tries to start really roughly. This only happens when the car is warm, and the car will fail to start on the first turn of the key. The sound is like the engine is really tight and does not want to turn over, the whole car shakes and shudders when this happens, I don't think its the starter as it is able to turn over, just. On the second attempt of turning over everything is the same but the car will fire.
Any other time the car will start as normal without any hint that there may be a problem, like I say this only happens once a month.

Any ideas????

Thanks Roly

rolyg

No ideas then :cry: I have booked in for a service now so lets hope they can find something wrong but I wont hold my breath :banghead2

owenwestby1

My car is doing the exact same thing. Similar miles to yours and my car is telling me it needs a service in 600 miles. I'm sure a good service will sort things out. Always let the orange coil light go out before starting your car though, if you're not doing that already.

dkaric

Mar 19, 2008
Croatia

My 2007 Leon sport TDI 105 BHP with 15000 miles sometimes (about once a month) tries to start really roughly. This only happens when the car is warm, and the car will fail to start on the first turn of the key. The sound is like the engine is really tight and does not want to turn over, the whole car shakes and shudders when this happens, I don't think its the starter as it is able to turn over, just. On the second attempt of turning over everything is the same but the car will fire.
Any other time the car will start as normal without any hint that there may be a problem, like I say this only happens once a month.

Any ideas????

Thanks Roly

Did you solve it? What was it then?
Thanks!

rolyg

The car has now been serviced, just I thought they could not find anything wrong and have never known of such a fault. :(
Just back from my holidays so the car has not been used to much, I will have to wait and see if anything has changed.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.