SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I'm currently using the N95 (original, not 8GB version) with my MY08 Leon FR, and it makes and receives calls fine although I did have to teach the car my phone book using the 'store name' voice command. None of the call stacks (missed, accepted, dialled) show anything, and neither does the MFD phone book.
If, like me, you only have a small number of people you call regularly then this isn't a pain. However, I can see it being annoying if I needed to store a lot of numbers or wanted people's names to appear in the MFD (just the number appears currently).

When I replace my phone in May I'll be picking a phone people have proven already works completely with the system.

That doesn't sound good. I don't make alot of calls in the car so receiving them is fine.........but it would be nice to at least have the name coming up as I don't memorize numbers.:doh:

Its the 8GB one I was looking at so don't know if its any different?

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Hi Donny,

All Nokia Symbian phones have this problem AFAIK. The problem is caused by Nokia not supporting the Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) which means the car can't download the phone book. I have emailed Nokia about this repeatedly and finally got an answer saying that they don't have plans to include this in a future update.

My advice would be to go for a Sony Ericsson as these fully support PBAP.

The 8Gb has the same problem. Google for PBAP and Nokia - the most posts are on Nokia's own forums! Lots of problems from VAG, BMW and Saab owners.

CoMMy

Jun 25, 2007
Windows Mobile devices fully support it by default, only very few if none dont support it. (Cant recognise though from "home" and "mobile" in each contact).
Sony Ericsson most phones fully support it.
Iphone Fully supports it, all features including recognization!
Nokia Phones, have trouble downloading the phonebook almost all of em but operate.

techno

Sep 15, 2007
Cannock Staffs
I have the N95 and emailed nokia about our problems and this is what i just got back,

Dear Chris,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

With regard to your email, we are unable to ensure the functionality of the mobile phone and car kit if the car kit is not a Nokia product. This is such as we have only tested our phones with enhancements manufactured by Nokia. Therefore, kindly refer to the hardware manufacturer or your local car kit installers for further information.

Kind regards,

Vegneswari
Nokia Care

So it looks like my next phone wont be a Nokia then [:@]

CupraMark

Quick reply - I've got an HTC Touch Dual and my Leon ulploads the phone book and call history and works brilliantly via the car - even from inside the house when the cars on the driveway!!!

AndyWolves

wots wrong with that, commy? My MDA III Compact works a treat with the bluetooth and TomTom 6 via its internal GPS!

wavman

ok...so when I shortly get my call from three offering me a phone upgrade and I decide to ditch the flakey compatability of my Nokia N73 (made even worse as three won't let me have the latest firmware upgrade!)... I should be ok to go with any of the latest Sony Ericsson phones? or any Windows based smart phone type option? Is that right?

Many thanks for your help...can't wait to actually start using my bluetooth kit!!:funk:

MB

Hi all!

Does anybody know if any of the phones below are compatible/semi-compatible?

Nokia N81 8GB
Sony Ericsson W960i
Sony Ericsson W910i
LG Viewty

Thanks in advance!

BigJim76

It looks like nearly all Sony Ericsson phones are fully compatible.
I can confirm, having recently upgraded to one and being unaware of this possible problem, the LG Viewty only partially works. It doesn't support the phonebook being uploaded, only calling. (Nice phone tho!! :shrug:)

Bo Nielsen

Apr 12, 2008
TyTN I and II work perfectly with WM6 :)

It even downloads contacts and doesnt loose sync :p

Hey

I have a new HTC Tytn II with WM6.
I can´t connect to my Bluetooth in my Altea 2.0 from 2007.
It ask for a code, and I have tryed 0000 and 00000 and 1234 and 12345, and nothing works.

What code shall I use to connect my HTV Tytn II with Bluetooth in my Altea?

Bo

AndyWolves

Bo, have you had the car from new? If not then the previous owner may have changed the default code... A trip to the dealer maybe required to reset it.

Bo Nielsen

Apr 12, 2008
Bo, have you had the car from new? If not then the previous owner may have changed the default code... A trip to the dealer maybe required to reset it.

Hey AndyWolves

Yes, I got it from new, but I have chanced the code and I can´t remember the new one. :cry:

I have a VagCom-cable and VagCom-software (v5). Can I read the code somewhere with that? (in that case - where).

Bo

CoMMy

Jun 25, 2007
Default Code is 1234

How can you change the code?! Anyone can elaborate pls ? :)

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
changing PIN CODE - guess it should be done by voice comands, just push voice button on steering wheel and follow instructions.

Any progress in case of PBAP from nokia side? I´ve changed my Moto Razr V3i for Nokia E51 and what surrprise when Im not able to choose and see names from E51 on MFD :-(

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise