Seat memory buttons backlit?

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
I'm just chasing a DTC out of curiosity and could use some community assistance!

autoimg-ba507b863cb77b787936953b625512caed3b4ff1.jpg

Could anybody check if their drivers memory seat buttons are backlit when the headlights / sidelights are on?

I'm struggling to find out if they are supposed to be illuminated like the windows / mirror controls are normally. I would appreciate anybody who could check this out on their own Formentors.

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022
I'm just chasing a DTC out of curiosity and could use some community assistance!

autoimg-ba507b863cb77b787936953b625512caed3b4ff1.jpg

Could anybody check if their drivers memory seat buttons are backlit when the headlights / sidelights are on?

I'm struggling to find out if they are supposed to be illuminated like the windows / mirror controls are normally. I would appreciate anybody who could check this out on their own Formentors.
They're not on my Tormentor.

Reactions: Karbonfaiba

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Okay thanks folks.

The odds of the backlit being broken on 3 different Formentor is very unlikely.

My fault code was B179001 "Function lighting memory seat LED" is my only clue. So no idea what to fix in this case. The rest of the door buttons are backlit just fine.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
I just checked this morning - mine are also not-backlit; new car, delivered last week, produced @end of July.
So it's most likely a "feature".

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Do most drivers press the appropriate button for their stored seat settings once they’re sitting on the seat? If so, then they may not be looking at the buttons when using them - possibly operating them by touch alone(?), in which case it might have been better if Cupra had designed the surface of each of the three buttons to be different (e.g. One raised dimple on button 1, two raised dimples on button two and three on button three). If they’d done this, then IMHO there’d be no need for backlighting.

VEDI

May 14, 2023
I haven't fact checked, but I am fairly sure they are identical to all the other VW/Cupra/Skoda buttons. Non back-lit across the range.

Same button as my VW Arteon, but instead of the massage button it is position 3.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Do most drivers press the appropriate button for their stored seat settings once they’re sitting on the seat? If so, then they may not be looking at the buttons when using them - possibly operating them by touch alone(?), in which case it might have been better if Cupra had designed the surface of each of the three buttons to be different (e.g. One raised dimple on button 1, two raised dimples on button two and three on button three). If they’d done this, then IMHO there’d be no need for backlighting.
I just count them by feel from the front - as I can't see them... I have 1 set for me, 2 for my partner and 3 for me is a copy of 1 but with both mirrors tilted down for reversing.

Reactions: JP6

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
You are suggesting Cupra has an R&D department? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
You are suggesting Cupra has an R&D department? :ROFLMAO:

No, and with some of the interior design decisions (e.g. lack of physical controls, lack of illumination for some controls) in the current crop of VAG vehicles, it’s questionable whether VAG has one either 🤔.

Don’t the bean counters in VAG’s ivory tower make all the decisions on design? If it’s cheap, use it / build it, otherwise bin it!

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
If they didnt bother to backlight the heater controls you can bet your ass the seat was never going to be a consideration :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Karbonfaiba
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.