Servo/master cylinder fault?

cuprasbd

Hi guys, had a look around and cant find anything similar to what i'm experiencing.

Car: MK1 Leon Cupra 1.8T petrol, 02 plate, 80,000 miles.

Fault: Loss of brake pedal (pedal goes straight down to floor), low braking effort. The car was fine about a month ago, then slowly over 2-3 weeks the pedal wasn't as hard and gradually travelling further to get the same braking effort than in the normal position.

In the last week the pedal pumps up fine and rock hard when engine is not running (in normal position and no sinking). If you hold your foot down on the pumped pedal and start the engine, the pedal sinks to the floor. I've had no service on it recently so no liquid fault and level is fine has never gone down since I've owned the car (over a year). The rear discs are worn but doubt that is causeing the problem.

Any ideas? and prices to rectify??

I've seen on here problems with vacuum hoses?? possible simple cause......they look ok on mine

:cry:

Many thanks in advance and save me from wanting to get rid of it!

cuprasbd

Hey wayne, nope. Checked all calipers and lines...all fine. I tried topping up the fluid wouldn't take any more and has always been at top marker anyway. The rear discs are unevenly worn (outer edge of discs rusty, but most of disc is being used by pads). The front pads are meaty and discs fine.

I've had a quick look at the hoses thinking it was losing vacuum?? The clutch works fine :cry:

libiza2007

Leon 666
Jan 19, 2007
Bridgend, South Wales
I had the symptoms u described about a month ago, mine was the master cylinder. I managed to roll the seals on it when bleeding the brakes after changing rear calipers. Hopefully this isn't the case for you but maybe something to look at.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.