sick 130 tdi sport

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
had a phone call from my brother today

my bizza's fooked he said, he heard a loud pop and now the car goes like a ford KA and smokes 60 a day

MMMMM sounds like a boost leek I said, does it hiss a lot and have you got the engine management light on

well when he got to my house I had a look and sure enough the boost pipe to the top of the side mount intercooler had popped straight off and was lightly rubbing the aux belt

so I stuck it back in to its socket and started her up......sos fa so good......reved it up and POP off it came again

so got some 10mm thick cable ties and secured it to the metalwork and it's drivable but it still smokes and hisses a bit

the car had a 1yr used car warranty from a stealer about 8 months ago, do people reckon they will pay up or not :banned:

no engine management light at all :shrug:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
sounds like you just simply need to dry the two surfaces check its the right pipe fitted if so apply a better more exspensive jubilie clip :shrug: i have seen them on scn before somewhere?

T. Spark

Funny thing is mine just did the same thing today, just got back after fixing it!

Mine was the bottom pipe and might have something to do with the extra boost, and FMIC I have! Cleaned up, put back together and its holding...

Only problem now is explaining how the "micra" was quicker than me :p

Just to add this has happened to me twice, both times no engine management light popped up.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
is this the same bit of pipe i posted on a while back when i had to have my turbo replaced, hisses like a mo fo from th SMIC, dark smoke out the back and sounds like you have a blowing exhaust when accelerating?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
My old 130 Sport did that, I replaced the intercooler pipes and clips and all was well.

It turned out it was bodged back on when the cambelt was changed.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
is this the same bit of pipe i posted on a while back when i had to have my turbo replaced, hisses like a mo fo from th SMIC, dark smoke out the back and sounds like you have a blowing exhaust when accelerating?

yup the same

loads of thick black smoke "filled the street"

also sounded like the zorst was broken

put it back together and all was well for 2 mins then pop, off it came again so out came the cable ties and gaffa tape :redface:

my brother will get it in to the stealers asap, fingers x'd for his warranty and his wallet

boss1986

Oct 27, 2006
Leeds
went to see someone with a mk4 golf last night, his has lost a bit of boost and smokes a bit.

he had someone check it out before and they said a sensor had gone, they replaced that and then he got down the road and it started again.

i used vagcom on it last night but no error codes.

will tell him to get the bonnet up and check some pipes

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
once it starts poping off like that then a new hose is needed i would think, the stealers put mine on replaced the turbo and 5 mins later it was off again, took it straight back actually watched the technician put it back on and pulled away again and hisssssssss of she goes again:doh: took it straight back again got a courtesy car and they ordered the part there and then, i think the service manager pulled a few strings to get the courtesy car straight away, but after the grief i had in the weeks leading up to this i think it was only fair:whistle:
don't think the part is that expensve but should bew covered by warrenty anyhoo after all it's a years warrenty not 8 months:p , hope it all gets sorted soon tho mate.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members