Song info not displayed on mib 1

Dec 23, 2021
Hi,

I've got a 13 plate leon with a mib1 infotainment system and I'm having a problem with streaming from spotify on my Samsung S10 to the car. Basically, when I play music it rarely displays the artist / song title. It just shows my phones name. The music plays fine but doesn't show any info. I can sometimes get it working by clearing spotify cache & turning Bluetooth off and on on my phone. But it will only last until the next time I restart the engine, at which point it will stop working again. I've tried changing the Bluetooth avrcp version on my phone. Also rebooted the mib1 a couple of times and reset Bluetooth back to factory settings on it & paired my phone up again.

My wife's iPhone doesn't seem to have this problem oddly enough.

Any help appreciated

Sep 12, 2021
Hi Mate,

Have you had any luck fixing this? I've got a 14 plate Leon and been running into the same issue the last few weeks. Streaming songs from Spotify on Google Pixel 6 usually, but just tested it with YouTube and same thing happening. Music will play ok but cannot use any of the controls on touch screen and the next/back buttons on steering wheel not working either, however they both work fine when listening to radio.

Attachments

• 273541233_279404377480989_3192773247372264105_n.jpg
    273541233_279404377480989_3192773247372264105_n.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 131
Sep 12, 2021
Hi,

I've got a 13 plate leon with a mib1 infotainment system and I'm having a problem with streaming from spotify on my Samsung S10 to the car. Basically, when I play music it rarely displays the artist / song title. It just shows my phones name. The music plays fine but doesn't show any info. I can sometimes get it working by clearing spotify cache & turning Bluetooth off and on on my phone. But it will only last until the next time I restart the engine, at which point it will stop working again. I've tried changing the Bluetooth avrcp version on my phone. Also rebooted the mib1 a couple of times and reset Bluetooth back to factory settings on it & paired my phone up again.

My wife's iPhone doesn't seem to have this problem oddly enough.

Any help appreciated
Just as I sent my last message I luckily got it fixed. I made the following changes all at the same time so I'm not exactly sure which one is the one that fixed it lol.

-Granted Spotify permission to access my device's Files & Media.
-In Androids Developer Settings - go to 'Bluetooth AVRCP Version' and change it to a lower version, mines was set to 1.5 by default so I changed it to 1.4, (there was also an option for 1.6 which I tried but that never worked).
-In Androids Developer Settings - go to 'Bluetooth MAP Version' and change to 1.4 (mines was set to 1.2 by default)

Again, I'm not sure if it was just one of the above that fixed or all of them. But its working again for me now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise