SOS / Sat nav issue

jono_1uk

Nov 24, 2020
Twice now whilst sat nav is being used the SOS light will come on and the sat nav will refresh constantly and tell me to do a you turn or go down a road that isnt anywhere at the location i am in .
clears it self a few ours later after car is switched off and locked.
auto software updates are all done
Anyone seen this?

Tell

Staff member
Might be it appears somewhere else and think it's covered 😉. SOS behaviour is a known issue. Had a conversation with someone here or on the Formentor thread about the GPS getting lost, running in parallel with the road. Seemed to upset Apple Car Play as well, so neither worked which is an odd one 🙄. So you have SOS playing up and GPS errors. Two are related I'd say. SOS is indicating that the infotainment system is in distress. Don't have the car myself.

andyjj

May 8, 2021
Twice now whilst sat nav is being used the SOS light will come on and the sat nav will refresh constantly and tell me to do a you turn or go down a road that isnt anywhere at the location i am in .
Anyone seen this?
Yes, I had a similar problem, where the SatNav location was bout 10 miles out !!

Annoyingly, I was trying to navigate through London at the time.

It was fine the next day and (touch wood) has been fine since.

All the firmware does seem a little buggy and it has regular wobbles, that are fine by the next journey.

Mar 13, 2022
Anyone seen this?
Yep, had this exact issue. Don’t have a solution and my software (OTA) is up to date. Inconsistent which is annoying but have experienced about three times. Mine is a 71 plate Formentor, Vz2.

Kernow13

May 22, 2021
I've had this problem also. Driving usually at speed, often warm (not tropical) temperature outside, and Sat Nav on - three or four times 'pop-pop' it goes and then 'SOS' on dash - like you say stopping car usually clears it. It didn't last week - so I did what it said and pressed 'SOS' -- are you safe? are you in danger? etc - No, I'm sitting in my car on the drive - a certain sense of not another one - but when the call was disconnected the SOS warning disappeared.

Tell

Staff member
I've had this problem also. Driving usually at speed, often warm (not tropical) temperature outside, and Sat Nav on - three or four times 'pop-pop' it goes and then 'SOS' on dash - like you say stopping car usually clears it. It didn't last week - so I did what it said and pressed 'SOS' -- are you safe? are you in danger? etc - No, I'm sitting in my car on the drive - a certain sense of not another one - but when the call was disconnected the SOS warning disappeared.
It's the telematics module. See here:

It appears that the 16xx people who got the upgrade to 1896 got the fix, whilst lesser mortals didn't who got a 18xx update but we're not on 16xx. Discussed on that thread.

So Seat are working thru the issues.