Stuck at 3000k revs in every gear!

FR_TDI

Hello everyone,

Can you please guide me on the problems im having with the Leon I just brought a day ago :cry: , I got a FR 170 TDI 56 plate, with 76k on the clock, Seat dealer S/H and maintained well.

The problem is, in every gear I CANNOT go over 3,000 revs :-o - Full Stop! I can push the car rev's to 3,500 but it feels rotten, the car seems to be restricted around the 3,000k revs, (however i am not talking about it being restricted) As soon as i reach 3k revs, the car "judders" very heavily and "jurks" backwards - Its like trying to push forward but the car is being held back! :wtf:

Its almost like when your running out of fuel - or have contaminated fuel - Im trying to explain the sudden Jurks motion here..

:blink: Can someone Please helpppppp !! - Many Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
first thing i do is ask a garage with a vagcom and check for any problems ...likely a sensor / mass air flow ? but yea get it checked thats your best bet or take it back to the dealers but if i were i get it vag com checked first

FR_TDI

Vag what?

Thanks for your reply mate, Firstly I got it private, so no dealer involved..
secondly, what a Vagcom?

Air flow sensor - aaaahh ok? so might not be a DPF issues!!
Ive called RAC out, i'll let you know what they say?

cuprascott

Leon FR DSG 150 Tdi
Nov 28, 2006
Thanks for your reply mate, Firstly I got it private, so no dealer involved..
secondly, what a Vagcom?

Air flow sensor - aaaahh ok? so might not be a DPF issues!!
Ive called RAC out, i'll let you know what they say?

www.ross-tech.com - they make vag com. VW Diagnostics that allow you to connect your car to a laptop and read error codes in the various ECU modules. You need to buy a lead for it tho but these can be had off ebay for a tenner. the free version of the software gives you basic functons.

Interestingly i was talking to my dealer who say they use vag-com as its better than the factory stuff!

Definately sounds like the Air Flow meter tho - thats what happens when they go.

FR_TDI

My friend - you a very kind with your reply.
Thank you, and I will update you soon as RAC have been out (not that they will actually do much i think)

Air flow filter (if thats the problem) will cost around the £65 - £80 mark ! :(

FR_TDI

No warning lights on Dash nothing ?
RAC guy still looking at the car now..

injection solenoid fault code 00258 ??

FR_TDI

TAM : Your the man, this is what the RAC guy said, ive checked the links you posted, but only the 1 of the links work, the other seems to be dead..

Ive dropped the car off to the garage about an hour ago, hence late reply.. garage guy said, he'l get back to me in about 2/3 hours, so ill updated everyone, once he does.. Im taking a print of the code fault you advised me on, and il tell him once he calls, something to do with "water" or somet.. dont sound good tho!! :(

FR_TDI

il updated everyone later when i get a call!

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
im guessing waterpump...at 76k on the clock but thats only because you said water heh but its defin a sensor gone and my bad i should of explain what a vag com is. but yea best of luck mate once its fixed its fixed :)

FR_TDI

Right guys, after a FULL ANNOYING day running about here there and everywhere, took the Leon to a local garage who couldn't find anything wrong with it after 3 hours!!.. his suggestion was to drive the car until a warning light comes on the dash (not something that I want to do!!!)

Instead took the Leon to a Main dealer, who advised £69 computer check and then whatever the end result is, they keeping it over night, calling me back tomorrow.

I will update everyone when I get a Chance, Thanks Peepz!

FR_TDI

RIGHT GUYS IM BACK WITH AN UPDATE!!! YOU LOT SAT DOWN? I GUESS YOU ARE....

First, no warranty as car has hit 76k (although still within the 3yrs! - ouuch! )

After 2 days with Seat, after a Comp Check £59! and after 3.5 hours of them road testing it and speaking to their mechanics!! Finally they have an idea of "what it could be" :

2 parts stated: 1| Fuel Pick Up Pump (located in the fuel tank)
2| Camden Pump

Total cost of £1,100. OUUUCH!!!

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
RIGHT GUYS IM BACK WITH AN UPDATE!!! YOU LOT SAT DOWN? I GUESS YOU ARE....

First, no warranty as car has hit 76k (although still within the 3yrs! - ouuch! )

After 2 days with Seat, after a Comp Check £59! and after 3.5 hours of them road testing it and speaking to their mechanics!! Finally they have an idea of "what it could be" :

2 parts stated: 1| Fuel Pick Up Pump (located in the fuel tank)
2| Camden Pump

Total cost of £1,100. OUUUCH!!!

the warranty will only last UP TO 60K or 2-3years which ever came first so as its done 76 the warranty is gone...

good idea to save yourself some money is to find other garages and ask for quotes - aleast you know what the problem is and go on from there.

best of luck :)

FR_TDI

Thanks Dave C, only thing is, if i get the work done from seat, at least the work will have a warranty on the pumps fitted, so i guess thats a good thing, if i get work done private, might save myself £150-£200? but is it worth it?

also they have offered m extended warranty for £600 for 12 months, do you think its worth me getting the extended warranty on it?

What do you think would of caused the pumps to fail? my friend says it could of been contaminated fuel, as its diesel someone could of put petrol in it? or bio diesel? ? ?

Now im thinking, will something else mess up in the long run, im sooooooo stressed with all this now :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise