The Magic Dragon - My K1

Bow

May 21, 2011
Leicester
Hi all,

Seeing as I've had my K1 (and yes it is a genuine one) for 4 months now I thought it was probably time to start up a thread to share my mods and get next suggestions :)

So far I've added:
Milltek cat back non resonated exhaust
Forge blow off adaptor / spacer

Took her on the dyno and she ran at 288bhp - I'm guessing from this it's been remapped to a stage 1? Thoughts? I'm unsure but seeing as its 240 bhp standard there must be something accounting for the 48 extra horses!!

Made a new purchase today aswell:
ITG Induction kit

I'm am so excited for this to arrive - looks like I managed to order early enough to squeeze in next day delivery too! Got a different dyno session booked in for Tuesday, so will be interesting to see what that puts out...

A few pictures of her!!

car8.jpg

car7.jpg

car4.jpg

car1.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

Welcome any comments on mods so far and future mods :D

Thanks

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Looks very good there mate. Stage 1 remap should see you at about 300BHP and depending on finances I would say go stage 2 or 2+. Stage 2 would be your ITG, DP and sports cat and either twintercooler or uprated intercooler (THS or S3) with a remap. Stage 2+ all those and the addition of the RS4 pressure valve and uprated HPFP and you should see around the 365BHP mark. Coillies are a good idea to get a better ride height.

Bow

May 21, 2011
Leicester
Ok I think I need to explain I am a girl... please can you explain more slowly as you have just baffled me with geekness!!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL, my apologies. If you are after some serious power then stage 2+ is what you want. You will need an uprated intercooler, down pipe with sports catalyst (the pipe from the turbo down including the catylitic converter), you will already have the induction kit. Also add an uprated fuel pump as the stock one is no good and then it is recommended to change the fuel pressure valve (approx £30.00 part) for the RS4 valve. All this with a remap should give you about 365BHP. Alternatively, just go stage 2 to keep cost down a little which is all the above MINUS the RS4 valve and uprated fuel pump.

As a matter of interest, which rollers was your car on as the power does not suggest a stage 1 remap as that should see you at about 300BHP which it isn't.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
It was on the rollers at Dynodaze....

OK, never heard of them tbh but then again, I don't know much at all hahahahaha. Your car is looking spot on though Sarah. Keep the mods coming and I will be following your thread with interest.

Bow

May 21, 2011
Leicester
So the latest mod has been added - my ITG induction kit. And all I have to say is:

OH MY GOD

The noise is immense!!! I love it :love:

Taking it to Future Motorsports tonight to put in on the rollers, so we'll see if she comes out at more than 288bhp....

I've also decided what I'm doing next too - taking it to Carbon Skin and getting the roof wrapped in gloss black :D

10man

Revo'd cupra k1
Sep 11, 2009
long eaton, notts
Hi all,

Seeing as I've had my K1 (and yes it is a genuine one) for 4 months now I thought it was probably time to start up a thread to share my mods and get next suggestions :)

So far I've added:
Milltek cat back non resonated exhaust
Forge blow off adaptor / spacer

Took her on the dyno and she ran at 288bhp - I'm guessing from this it's been remapped to a stage 1? Thoughts? I'm unsure but seeing as its 240 bhp standard there must be something accounting for the 48 extra horses!!

Made a new purchase today aswell:
ITG Induction kit

I'm am so excited for this to arrive - looks like I managed to order early enough to squeeze in next day delivery too! Got a different dyno session booked in for Tuesday, so will be interesting to see what that puts out...

A few pictures of her!!

car8.jpg

car7.jpg

car4.jpg

car1.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

Welcome any comments on mods so far and future mods :D

Thanks
Nice choice in colour :) lol

Bow

May 21, 2011
Leicester
Well I took her on the dyno to see what difference the ITG had made...

8856cb2d.jpg

My baby only decided to run at an amazing 320bhp! I'm so proud :)

Next stop, gloss roof - it won't make her any faster but will make her even prettier :love:

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Well I took her on the dyno to see what difference the ITG had made...

8856cb2d.jpg

My baby only decided to run at an amazing 320bhp! I'm so proud :)

Next stop, gloss roof - it won't make her any faster but will make her even prettier :love:

Glad to hear that the ITG has made an improvement, were these figures achieved on the same rollers as the first? 288 - 320 bhp is a massive jump!:whistle:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise