Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Tell

Staff member
The DBInfo.txt from the P106 7z doesn't have PartNumber 2, 3 or 4. I'm wondering whether to add them (as well as changing the others).

I keep the ECE 2013 from the new (P106 7z) & also the
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0106" ?

I'm being careful to keep the CRLF line ends and add no other stuff.
Originally posted.

OK I'm doing an edit to the reply I gave to this.

Basically it's an Audi file so what Audi must have done is released it without the other brands part numbers on it. Copying your old part number for the map onto the new release in Audi form as said must fake the unit to think you aren't updating the map without mapcare (Audi old partnumber goes into the new map partnumber field). At worst if it isn't seeing the other part numbers you won't see a part number for Seat. You'll get a gap. Don't forget the reboot if you are switching cards quickly.

(Didnt change that text much above)

Screenshot_20240416_093734_Firefox.jpg

Basically looking at Daz3d screens above the old maps had the 5F part number in it. New maps swapped to an Audi part number.

The instruction was

》》
Change the following in the new DBInfo.txt (I didn't test if you could skip this step):

PartNumber1="V03959803RQ"
PartNumber="V03959803RQ"

TO

PartNumber1="V03959803RN"
PartNumber="V03959803RN"

《《

I'm assuming you can see those V codes in your original file... probably not ?. If you can take the V code and use that.

OK if it needs that edit to make it work it probably runs on the old mapcare rule that maps before the release work but not maps beyond. That would be if you had a navigation file of release 36 ECE 2014 or before. Depends what year V03959803RQ is linked to. hmm that doesn't appear to be as far back as 2014.

I'd try with the edit. If that doesnt work without the edit. If that fail back to the links that Daz3d put up. Audi might have removed mapcare from this file so is no longer fussy.

Reading the thread:

It seems to work without the part number edit. Whether you need the latest firmware... others on this thread had it where it worked. On the German thread they messed up the country edit to reduce to the original 8gb card. With the 16gb card you can't go wrong on that. I'd ignore the CID talk you need a valid Vag card. Won't be the CID. Really that then leaves the firmware as to whether that needs updating I reckon if issues.

Last edited:

Guyelle

Apr 11, 2017
The DBInfo.txt from the P106 7z doesn't have PartNumber 2, 3 or 4. I'm wondering whether to add them (as well as changing the others).

I keep the ECE 2013 from the new (P106 7z) & also the
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0106" ?

I'm being careful to keep the CRLF line ends and add no other stuff.
For the ECE version, just paste in:
SystemName=" ECE 2023 "

Don’t touch the part numbers at all; use a copy of your original dbinfo.txt from the old card, and change these lines:

ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0106"
SystemName=" ECE 2023 "

you do not need to add any other part numbers or anything, just use the original d info.txt with those two lines amended. 😊

Reactions: Tell
Apr 28, 2024
Hi All,
First time Seat owner and I'm a bit clueless. Tried reading through lots but my first and biggest issue is my car came with no SD card. Sat Nav appears enabled and my version is 5F003585A, which is think is Mib1?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting an SD card that will work? And secondly to an idiot proof of making sure it has reasonably up to date maps? I know my way round a computer so hopefully will be OK doing this... I've scanned and it looks hard with mib1 I think? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Tell

Staff member
Yes look at

Get a mib2 16gb card off ebay as I said below on that link. You need that card for the Vag "cid". You don't need to then hack the maps down to fit the 8gb card that you don't have... its easier. Read down from that link.

The only thing we don't know or I don't know is whether you need the latest mib1 firmware that East Yorkshire Retrofit sell. That is sold as a European release.... whether that is on the critical path to make it work, may be. The others following had that firmware unless someone says otherwise who has it working. The issue with that firmware you might need to do some coding vcds / obdeleven to install it. As per East Yorkshire website. I suspect its modified shareware but I might be wrong.

Basically get a 16gb mib2 card. Put the mib1 map update on it and see whether it works. If not think about the firmware update. I'd follow @Daz3d instructions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gardz86
Apr 28, 2024
Yes look at

Get a mib2 16gb card off ebay as I said below on that link. You need that card for the Vag "cid". You don't need to then hack the maps down to fit the 8gb card that you don't have... its easier. Read down from that link.

The only thing we don't know or I don't know is whether you need the latest mib1 firmware that East Yorkshire Retrofit sell. That is sold as a European release.... whether that is on the critical path to make it work, may be. The others following had that firmware unless someone says otherwise who has it working. The issue with that firmware you might need to do some coding vcds / obdeleven to install it. As per East Yorkshire website. I suspect its modified shareware but I might be wrong.

Basically get a 16gb mib2 card. Put the mib1 map update on it and see whether it works. If not think about the firmware update. I'd follow @Daz3d instructions.
I don't suppose you could send me a link to the correct card?

I have about 12 different ones as liked items but some of the guys on there are saying some will work, some won't. But does that not matter if you get a mib2 card.

Thanks so much for responding and your help.

Tell

Staff member
I don't suppose you could send me a link to the correct card?

I have about 12 different ones as liked items but some of the guys on there are saying some will work, some won't. But does that not matter if you get a mib2 card.

Thanks so much for responding and your help.
What DaveS bought is here. Seems good value for money.

The latest 32gb would cost £40 or so but you only need 16gb card. Doesn't matter if its old stock.

Guyelle then got it working. That's just above. If you track the names through on who had success and how.

Reactions: Gardz86

Tell

Staff member
Would hacking the maps down (instead of a firmware update) work?
No !.

It's probably that the firmware in the "final" release of mib1 makes it happen, release 480 so it works. The release could have fallen into the domain when Seat ceased Mapcare aka made it free which was 2019/2020. That might be why it works.

This is they, use Chrome to download it and login in as guest, guest

It is signed so to me it hasn't been modified. If others with 480 can check this is the version. That would be useful.

Note this text that our friend kindly provided:

"If you're updating from a very early software version, you may need to change the byte 17/18 of the long coding to 01 or the unit will sit on the boot screen and appear broken and unusable. Please do not update if you have no way of carrying out this coding."

So if this is the 480 software laying on mibsolutions and you got old firmware then you may have to do that code change on the long string.

I think these are all the ingredients to make it work.

Apr 28, 2024
What DaveS bought is here. Seems good value for money.

The latest 32gb would cost £40 or so but you only need 16gb card. Doesn't matter if its old stock.

Guyelle then got it working. That's just above. If you track the names through on who had success and how.
Cool, that ones sold out annoyingly. Does the v3 bit matteras no more of those from what I can see? Plenty at v6 and above albeit more expensive. I think I can probably do the rest but knowing the compatibility of the cards seems the hardest part at the moment!

Tell

Staff member
Cool, that ones sold out annoyingly. Does the v3 bit matteras no more of those from what I can see? Plenty at v6 and above albeit more expensive. I think I can probably do the rest but knowing the compatibility of the cards seems the hardest part at the moment!
No the version is the map version hence why they get cheaper but you aren't interested in what's on it. As said if you do need to update the firmware as well, you may need obdeleven or vcds coding on that long string. If you are use to coding then it's straightforward.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.