Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Tell

Staff member
What people use to do with mib1 after they messed it up. The motto is back up before changing anything. I provide a link to the mib2 standard overall.nds file which fixes all of those who have lost that file which provides a universal solution that we worked out here, but there is no universal fix if you loose your mib1 map image. :unsure: It's boots and braces approach that is required. The workaround of shifting that file was sorted out by Exciter 7 years ago with a bin walker. Impressed people at the time. But for mib1 standard maps the secret sauce was less obvious. East Yorkshire Retrofit may have a bottle of it if you can't do it yourself. I guess you have to exactly do what has been reported, if you deviate it won't work.

Reckon as I said with good computer skills buy a mib2 cheap card to get the CID which we know works. Copy your old map to that. Test then do the reported technique. If all fails you are down by £12 or so.

Drdoddles

Mar 13, 2024
Cornwall
Have a 2016 Leon FR with the 6P0 infotainment system (MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T), and I finally managed to get Full-Link unlocked via OBDeleven and MIB2 Toolbox, only to find its only got MirrorLink, NOT Android-Auto or Carplay... :mad:
Is this something that can be added with a firmware update?
I tried downloading from mibsolution.one, but either the site is seriously bugged or my connection is, but I couldn't download anything.
MIBHelper says that firmware v.0253 would work, but I can't seem to find a good download?
Any help guys?

Tell

Staff member
Have a 2016 Leon FR with the 6P0 infotainment system (MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T), and I finally managed to get Full-Link unlocked via OBDeleven and MIB2 Toolbox, only to find its only got MirrorLink, NOT Android-Auto or Carplay... :mad:
Is this something that can be added with a firmware update?
I tried downloading from mibsolution.one, but either the site is seriously bugged or my connection is, but I couldn't download anything.
MIBHelper says that firmware v.0253 would work, but I can't seem to find a good download?
Any help guys?
Well you got 253T so you have it already. Mibhelper is like an AI system pulling files together with text only as good as the text. Pass on what exactly is in 253 when Android Auto / Carplay came along. Mibsolution is having a day off in any case so it seems.

Anyhow this is the inbuilt navigation thread you are better off posting on the firmware thread which you found 😉.

Guyelle

Apr 11, 2017
Update on my MIB1 update situation:

@cupra14 provided me the files from their V4 card, what a legend! Many thanks for that.

I put the files from that onto the MIB2 card I bought and lo and behold it works!

So, I know the card and the way I am copying the files over are not the issue. So clearly the steps that @Daz3d and @DaveS have followed do not work for my 2014 Cupra nor my father's 2015 FR. I'm a bit stumped at the minute but I'll have a play around with the DBInfo.txt file and I'll see what I can make happen.

@Daz3d @DaveS could either of you tell me how long it took to load the new maps, did it take 10 mins+? Just wondering if I'm being impatient. 😂

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
That bank on part1 to 4 codes on your original card copied to your new map, I wonder if that's the key. This was the pre-occupation of early mib1 file updates to copy your existing Id's on to the update.

If this doesnt work may be in Daz3d German links may be the key if that doesn't work. I'm leaving it to you folk to sort out. You go to read those throu a translator. This is all part of what was not cracked 8 years ago on how some could do it and others couldn't.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Is odis the only way to officially remove cp without ending up with errors after a scan ?

Can it be done with offline odis? Or something else.

Toolbox does patch cp off the mib2 but annoying two errors showing up in the gateway and 5f.

Tell

Staff member
Is odis the only way to officially remove cp without ending up with errors after a scan ?

Can it be done with offline odis? Or something else.

Toolbox does patch cp off the mib2 but annoying two errors showing up in the gateway and 5f.
The only two errors I see is the SVM error which you clear

Software version management that's a flag to say you have fiddled with the firmware, that one doesn't come up on mib2 standard map updates, firmware updates it does. That's a flag set to show someones changed the software.

The other I see on the mib2 standard is triggered by the map update workaround. That's because using the workaround method it ends up with more than one navigation FeC in it. It's works happily with that. Dealers ignore it. Everybody who does the workaround gets that. There is a method in the mib2 standard toolbox that can be used to clear that down but due to the dangers of the toolbox and quirky nature of it I haven't done that or recommend doing it.

You'd only get that CP error if it's not the mib2 unit that came with the car. Retrofitters clear the CP off before selling the unit, a scrap yard won't. Conversation with @Walone in the past I think we have assumed CP is still on after they have been messed with by retrofitter techniques. Thus I put the other errors down to the workaround and firmware updates. That SVM B... something or other you sometimes have to keep clearing it. Its like a push down list, you repeat till its gone. You need to reboot the unit each time you clear it and check.

You use this easy calculator for that.

Now I do get that one when I go into the backend of my mib2 high on SWDL map updates. I clear it after or just forget.

But as said that one won't clear the workaround error... you leave that. Not worth bothering, nobody does.

Other than that I give you this Google 🤔... Pass.

Reactions: Walone

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
The cp is hacked via the toolbox so cp error exists but is ignored i'm pretty sure that is the reason, my first mib2 retrofit i took the car to a garage that removed cp with odis, but when you do that all the functions are locked but no cp error as cp removed properly. Then i sent it off to be enabled an old 0245 unit.

I think the fec_all part of the hack solution is only needed when doing it that way to reactivate it now though.

However this was 2018 when i got the hacked unit installed no one else knew how to fit a technisat in another car back then.

Maybe you can hack it and remove the error now they are both CP error and not installation change error i tried the xor already.

Tell

Staff member
The cp is hacked via the toolbox so cp error exists but is ignored i'm pretty sure that is the reason, my first mib2 retrofit i took the car to a garage that removed cp with odis, but when you do that all the functions are locked but no cp error as cp removed properly. Then i sent it off to be enabled an old 0245 unit.

I think the fec_all part of the hack solution is only needed when doing it that way to reactivate it now though.

However this was 2018 when i got the hacked unit installed no one else knew how to fit a technisat in another car back then.

Maybe you can hack it and remove the error now they are both CP error and not installation change error i tried the xor already.
These days dealers see so many errors on the MQB Evo platform they don't bother about the errors. If there is something wrong with the car they read the errors but my recent experience is they don't clear them down even after service that creates errors. Use to, but you get the car back with errors now as The Formentor / Leon 4 chaos has created a new way of working. Only if you were ebay-ing your mib2 unit and worried about come back would you be worried about selling it with errors.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Not worried about the dealers really, its an old car now. Just would have been nice if i could get rid of the errors. I have a 0245 unit that officially had cp removed i could update that and that would get rid of the errors but i think the different trains of mib have different cpu specs.

Tell

Staff member
Not worried about the dealers really, its an old car now. Just would have been nice if i could get rid of the errors. I have a 0245 unit that officially had cp removed i could update that and that would get rid of the errors but i think the different trains of mib have different cpu specs.
Don't attempt to change trains... that's a conversation on the software thread. Basically each train is updated so the higher number of the train is the one with the fixes in it for known bugs, 02xx say is the last and great than 0245 etc in your case. There is a 03xx, 04xx and an 05xx. Each top end one is the fix for that train where bugs are found. If it's working well don't update. I left our Arona on 0512 saw no point in updating to 0516.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Don't attempt to change trains... that's a conversation on the software thread. Basically each train is updated so the higher number of the train is the one with the fixes in it for known bugs, 02xx say is the last and great than 0245 etc in your case. There is a 03xx, 04xx and an 05xx. Each top end one is the fix for that train where bugs are found. If it's working well don't update. I left our Arona on 0512 saw no point in updating to 0516.
yep i was aware you can` t go directly, but there is a way to do it i found it ages ago. probably not worthwhile though easier just to buy a newer unit.

i will undo the retrofitters work on the 0245 unit and upgrade to 0253 his work was a bit of a bodge but it did work, had to change map folder to 22 not the default 00, also the car type could not be chosen. i can keep it as a spare.

would be nice to find out the hardware configurations for these trains from 02xx to 05xx more ram etc..
what` going on with mibsolution too it`s knackered.

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T 20 days to download :ROFLMAO:

Tell

Staff member
yep i was aware you can` t go directly, but there is a way to do it i found it ages ago. probably not worthwhile though easier just to buy a newer unit.

i will undo the retrofitters work on the 0245 unit and upgrade to 0253 his work was a bit of a bodge but it did work, had to change map folder to 22 not the default 00, also the car type could not be chosen. i can keep it as a spare.

would be nice to find out the hardware configurations for these trains from 02xx to 05xx more ram etc..
what` going on with mibsolution too it`s knackered.

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T 20 days to download :ROFLMAO:
Country 22 feels like an import unit. You might find that firmware elsewhere.

Guyelle

Apr 11, 2017
Update on my MIB1 situation: Success!

All I had to do was keep all of the original part numbers from the original (V4) card in the DBinfo.txt, and it worked. So, in my case, the DBInfo looked like this:

PartNumber1="8V0919866B "
PartNumber2="5G0919866F "
PartNumber3="5E0051236C "
PartNumber4="5F0919866F "
PartNumber="8V0919866B "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0106"
SystemName=" ECE 2023 "

I have no idea how the aforementioned "V03959803RN" works for the others, since it seems MIB1 only cares that the PartNumbers match the ones on the original card, and it definitely does not work for mine or my fathers cars (2014 and 2015 Leon's respectively).

Many thanks to all who has helped with this, and a special thanks to @cupra14 for sending me the original V4 card files over, I couldn't have done it without that. 😊

Tell

Staff member
Update on my MIB1 situation: Success!

All I had to do was keep all of the original part numbers from the original (V4) card in the DBinfo.txt, and it worked. So, in my case, the DBInfo looked like this:

PartNumber1="8V0919866B "
PartNumber2="5G0919866F "
PartNumber3="5E0051236C "
PartNumber4="5F0919866F "
PartNumber="8V0919866B "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0106"
SystemName=" ECE 2023 "

I have no idea how the aforementioned "V03959803RN" works for the others, since it seems MIB1 only cares that the PartNumbers match the ones on the original card, and it definitely does not work for mine or my fathers cars (2014 and 2015 Leon's respectively).

Many thanks to all who has helped with this, and a special thanks to @cupra14 for sending me the original V4 card files over, I couldn't have done it without that. 😊
I had a good feeling it was going to be like that is why I suggested doing it !.

In @Daz3d case it will be that his was on V03959803RN and the next success was also. This is why people kept editing it with the mib2 standard workaround needlessly.... That was a carryover from the mib1 hack but nobody ever said categorically that was the hack for mib1. So the unsuccessful stories of buying the mib1 card updated and putting it in back in 2016-17, they never deployed the hack. Mib2 standard is just the overall.nds file twiddle.

Basically for mib1 it goes like this, from your old map file read:

PartNumber1="your old part number"
PartNumber="your old part number"

Edit the the new map file two parameters too:

PartNumber1="your old part number"
PartNumber="your old part number"

Obviously your your old part number is your old part number. Use the notepad editor if Windows.

It must anchor on that. Clear as mud 🤣. Since that was the edit suggested but with someone elses part number which happened to be right for them 🎉. In two cases as well. That was just a fluke that it worked for the first two posters.

As said buy a 16gb mib2 card to use to save editting down the maps to fit and if you have a coding device change the TMC group to 14 from 15 to go for broke to get the Inrix traffic reports working for the UK. By that stage you have supercharged mib1 to 2023 maps and got UK traffic reports working as well.

The map source for mib1 2023 link is in the post:

Do this part number edit technique of carrying the old number to the new file rather than use the one given in that post. Universal fix. That's the only variation to what Daz3d said plus we use 16gb mib2 card to save editting down the maps. Probably fine not to update to the latest mib1 firmware.

Thanks all on this. We'll await further confirmation and I'll edit into the resource. The special sauce was found or all most, latest 480 firmware may have a bearing since the successful ones were on that as well.

Reactions: DaveS and Guyelle
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.