Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Here are my before and after pics

h t t p://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/jeffbmw1/Mobile%20Uploads/DD2750A4-7EA3-43EC-96B6-5DBBA4C11369_zpscf8rokdg.jpg[/url]

h t t p://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/jeffbmw1/Mobile%20Uploads/FAF48CDA-EC6B-457B-AEEC-02697B7CD8FC_zps7lelxbtz.jpg[/url]

Same as mine

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
Just tried updating v2 card with nov 2015 update

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=SEAT_Media&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light

Did NOT work in my 2013 leon, seems that the earlier cars are locked to the version of maps somehow whereas the later cars are n't. Maybe Seat listened to the complaints.

Did manage to put the originial files back and still works. Phew...

Will try again with latest update once downloaded but don't expect it to work.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
To the guys that got it working, have you actually gone into nav ok and tried a new destination? Mine displayed the updated version info ok, but the error message occurs when going into the nav app.

Or did you select the upgrade software option at any point before going into nav?

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Mines working fine used it today, have also set it to navigate to Nurburgring to test other countries and Constanta (Romania)

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
when i did it its just the map update not software update and yes route planning works on saved destinations and new ones

To the guys that got it working, have you actually gone into nav ok and tried a new destination? Mine displayed the updated version info ok, but the error message occurs when going into the nav app.

Or did you select the upgrade software option at any point before going into nav?

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
just down load the file unzip on the desk top drag to the SD card eject the card insert in slot 2 with the ignition off, turn on as normal select nav and it takes a little longer to load first time and thats it all working. you do not have to go into software update at all.

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
Dont unzip the download file on the SD card make a folder on your desktop do it there then drag and drop to the SD card
Yes...I'm not an idiot, I know what files are meant to be on the card.

It. Doesn't. Work.

SirBarnz

Jun 29, 2016
I'll second DragonQ. 2014 5F0 came with v4 maps SDcard and I cannot update it to the latest version.
Copied files to the card, locked it and replaced it in slot 2. It attempts to read the card but results in an error.

I'll have a go at the Nov 2015 next and report back.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yes basically these are the steps I took.

1. Downloaded the 5FO file.
2. Copied original files from V4 card including any hidden files.
3. Highlighted all files and pressed delete, then deleted the .trash file it creates on card.
4. Copied the new unzipped files to the root of the card.
5. Locked the card and put it in the car.

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
Yes basically these are the steps I took.

1. Downloaded the 5FO file.
2. Copied original files from V4 card including any hidden files.
3. Highlighted all files and pressed delete, then deleted the .trash file it creates on card.
4. Copied the new unzipped files to the root of the card.
5. Locked the card and put it in the car.
Doesn't work. Not sure how many more ways it can be said. It works for two people apparently, I guess you're just lucky.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'm wondering if when I purchased the new V6 card, it was meant to be sold in a mapcare country and by me installing it in my car has enabled mapcare on my car.

Tell

Staff member
I would have to go back through the thread, was that an eBay job Andrew. You could see that some cards could give you longer if it's a three year service or something. The problem with documenting all of this the power that be will try to shut the door. Obviously if it's the eBay cards then they will probably work there way into the country.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Just trying the update on my March 2015 Leon that currently has a V6 card installed.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Latest update did not work in my Leon.

Device Part Number: 5F0035858A
Hardware: 041
Software: 0425

My current card is a V6 F50.919.866.K.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
All of that is the same as mine, what does it say next to year? 2015 or 2016/2017?

It said 2015, I have tried previously to upgrade it without success.

I will likely just pay the dealer to upgrade it on my service next year...

Alakiha

Sep 21, 2015
Finland
I had the right version, for 5F0. Didn't work.

I did not format the SD card. I literally just deleted the files off of it and replaced them with the contents of the download zip. Can't remember the exact error message, I might be able to find out tomorrow. Maybe you're meant to copy the files on top of the existing ones rather than delete the contents of the SD card before copying?

Your photo is a software update, which is surely different than a navigation update.

The navigation data in the SD card are not valid. Please check data.

I was getting exactly same error.

Just get a normal 32GB SD card, format it to FAT32, and then unzip the navi files and copy everything inside the SD's root. at the end try to upgrade it again.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members