Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
I’ve found something interesting...
I can place my POI Update on the same SD as my Nav data, and DO NOT have to choose what system I want as the guide suggests...I put the entire contents of the .Zip on the card and the system does its stuff..no need to manually select and copy and paste specific folders!
(Seat Ibiza FR 6J Normal Nav)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
It actually worked better on the Navs SD than it does via a USB/Another SD!

Tell

Staff member
Good to hear it's working fine. The SD card is likely to be a class 10 so is probably faster than an old USB that you might have hanging around. Possibly they had planned for people like you that put the poi files on the mapping SD card although as said they get copied across to the unit. Good to hear that the three directory structure is working on the standard unit without having to pull out specific directories as you have to do with mib2 high.

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
I did it as a trial as the USB and splitting the folders wasn’t working...all is well!! Just a shame the Traffic Info isn’t as good as it could be

mrmg71

Nov 19, 2017
I am reading this thread from around 2 hours trying get to know how to get navigation system work...
But first of all I will describe my problem:

I have Seat Leon 2015 (year model 2016) MIB II with 5QA035858 module (bought car from second hand and don't have in car SD Card with maps). So I bought SD Card with maps "Volkswagen Navigation AS EUROPE V7" - 3G0919866BC on ebay.
I put today that card in nav system and is not working. First it shows that there is nav data in sd card (2 seconds after putting in to sd slot) and after 30seconds of loading it show info that "Navigation database is not available".
Here is info from sd card maps:
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0820"
PartNumber2="3G0919866BC"
PartNumber3="5L0051236T"
PartNumber4="6P0919866R"
PartNumber5="7CE919866D"
SystemName="ECE1 2017/18"

So I called to Seat Service to get to know what is part number of SD Card which is for my car and I heard that the newest number of SD Card compatible with my car is: 5F0060884AQ.
I checked by VCDS system info in 5F module and there is 5F0 software in MIB2 !!!

OK. So I thought that I bought wrong SD Card for my car...
Somone told me to download from navigation.com "proper" files for my navigation system and put into that original card after deleting old one files (3G0919866BC). So I made it and still is not working. I opened the file in this downloaded maps where is description of parts number of SD CARDS which is almost the same like that which was told me in SEAT Service and that is:
PartNumber2="5G0919866AF"
PartNumber3="5E0051236 "
PartNumber4="5F0060884AP"
PartNumber1="8V0060866F "
PartNumber="8V0060866F "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0067"
SystemName=" ECE 2017/18 "

So now the worker of service gave me the wrong number (which was decoded by VIN)?
Or maybe was MIBII verision with 5F0 software (am I wrong)?
Need to go to service for activating my SD Card or maybe there are other solutions?

Scan from VCDS:

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794) Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 5QA 035 858 HW: 5QA 035 858
Component: MU-S-ND-ER H24 0245

Operating And Display Unit 1:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5F0 919 604 A HW: 5F0 919 604 A
Component: ABTm_Std2_Nav H43 1028

Last edited:

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
As you didn’t originally have an SD Card in the Nav, I’m unsure in how to assist you, I will also have a look for you..updating is easy ... if you had a SD Card in the car working first...

mrmg71

Nov 19, 2017
As you didn’t originally have an SD Card in the Nav, I’m unsure in how to assist you, I will also have a look for you..updating is easy ... if you had a SD Card in the car working first...

Ok. Waiting for some info :rolleyes:

mrmg71

Nov 19, 2017
Reading through that it doesn't seem clear wether your car is MIB 1 or 2?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Part number on sticker is 5QA 035 858 MIB STD2 ZR. So that is MIB2.
But in dealership parts salesman told me that the number of the newest sd card for my car after decoding VIN is: 5F0060884AQ.
The newest data downloaded from navigation.com show number 5F0060884AP which is for MIB1.
Maybe the salesman was wrong...
Second question is do I need to code that new card into car by ODIS Online?
Now I have card 3G0919866BC, Seat Part number is 6P0919866R - and he told me that only is for ATECA.

Last edited:

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Part number on sticker is 5QA 035 858 MIB STD2 ZR. So that is MIB2.
But in dealership parts salesman told me that the number of the newest sd card for my car after decoding VIN is: 5F0060884AQ.
The newest data downloaded from navigation.com show number 5F0060884AP which is for MIB1.
Maybe the salesman was wrong...
In that case I think your only option is to buy the latest SD card and pay Seat to code it to your car.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mrmg71

Nov 19, 2017
Search on google and find out that the part number 5F0060884AQ is for MIB2. There is some license code to activate by ODIS when I am buying the new SD Card.

shop.seat.nl/auto-accessoires/infotainment/navigatie-updates/5F0060884AQ-navigatie-update-seat-navigation-system-mib-ii-west-europa-v5

Last edited:

Harrymorgan1

Seat2016
Mar 5, 2017
Hi,

Can someone tell me if there are any updates for my SatNav please?

Navigation database - 6p0919866M
ECE1 2017

If there are, can someone provide me with a download link please?
Also it is possible to import speed camera's onto the SatNav? I read on another forum you can download the Garmin list and add them to the Seat SatNav?
Thanks

Tell

Staff member
Look at post 701 and then 703 on. People are using the Skoda site. You will see the success they have been having, all explained for the 6p mib2 system. Yours are currently a year out of date.

For POI import see post 1 with the VAG links that works.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437989

You might have to do some poi work to get your Garmin ones in. That's the German poi import link above. There is a guy latter on that thread working with Garmin Poi's.

Last edited:

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
Apologies if I've missed it but just been reading the whole thread from the start and couldn't find a clear answer. I've got a MY16 with Nav High / Plus V03959801NQ (with built in hard drive). Am I able to update simply by following the instructions on navigation.com or do I still need MapCare (by buying a new SD card from dealer) ? Website suggests need mapcare but comment on here suggested not ?

Tell

Staff member
Apologies if I've missed it but just been reading the whole thread from the start and couldn't find a clear answer. I've got a MY16 with Nav High / Plus V03959801NQ (with built in hard drive). Am I able to update simply by following the instructions on navigation.com or do I still need MapCare (by buying a new SD card from dealer) ? Website suggests need mapcare but comment on here suggested not ?

Err no. It's an SSD not hard disk. The update is protected by asn.1 signature so you can't hack the upload package. You can put the unit in developers mode and update everything other than the NavDB database. If you copy that across it disables navigation until you restore the year that corresponds to the release that was installed on it or before. You can update the other files, eggnog, truffles and voice. I believe truffles are the built in Poi's. It all works after you do a partial upgrade but it isn't for the faint hearted. You won't get any road updates. Mapcare can't be post purchased and isn't sold in some countries like the UK. Without Mapcare the unit will not see the SD for a normal update. In short Mapcare protects the NavDB part of the system but not the rest in the update. See post 699.

Last edited:

explorer

Jul 8, 2016
Hi, please could someone like to share data from SEAT MIB1 navigation card (V2)? I need data for:

5F0919866C
ECE 2013

Thanks

Last edited:

justbaldchris

Oct 17, 2017
Step 4 isn't required, the important thing is to back it up so you can do step 3 or go back if you decide. That's step 0 other than that you have to use VW libraries to obtain a copy of the software if you wanted to go backwards.

The original SD card has a hidden partition that reformatting doesn't touch which registers the card to the unit. These are special SD cards but you can buy, back in the thread from November 2016 on details of how to clone onto these special cards is provided, but basically you don't need to they won't work on another car accept yours. Basically the listed stuff on the thread for 6P is an over kill since people didn't know what was required, trying to understand how things worked, so I'd say Step 0 take a copy of the card to HD, then steps 1-3.

It's a fluke why this workaround works but best not to look a gift horses in the mouth.

I did exactly as described above and it worked for me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.