Wet Windows Fixed!!!!!

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Funny thing, I called my dealer to log the fault, and they claim that there's no mention of a problem, let alone a fix on the Seat technical website....
So I think it'll be a long,long wait.....

Last edited:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
hi rich,
do you have this issue? i guess with all rain weve had recently everyone thats going to get it should know by now.

Alright Chris!!

No mate, I appear to of been lucky and not (so far) had this problem. On the whole the car is superb.

But, Nidd Vale's service that I have received so far leave's alot to be desired, and I haven't had to experience the aftersales yet, my trouble's are still in the hand's of the salesman.

Another story. And don't want to go off topic.

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
OK so my FR has made me out to be a liar.

After all this rain the windows DO get wet on the inside, when they come back up.

Looks like I will have to join the queue at Nidd Vale. Also developed a lovely rattle as well.

TXOSBI

My dealer at Galgate near Lancaster will be putting the fix on my car next Tuesday when it is in for its 10K service. (which SEAT are paying for due to all the hassle and the 11 month wait!).
Will post the results after that.

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
cupradaft

How do you find the ride quality on the FR with 18 wheels. I am considering getting a DSG petrol FR. Was in seeing David and Fred on Saturday.

Hi Polkr, I have 18's on and don't think the ride is that much harsher than that with one running on 17's.

When I took delivery of my car I had to return it and was given an FR with 17's, I noticed a little difference but certainly not enough not to buy the 18's. Besides the 18's look so much nicer IMO.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
r30lac,

Thanks for that info.

I have a Leon Tdi Sport on 17's.

I find that quite harsh and wouldn't want any new car to be even harsher.

One guy on here had a sport and swapped it for an FR with 18's and found the FR to be smoother.

Agree with you that the 18's look miles better however it makes the discs look small again!!

TXOSBI

All, can we please keep this thread for 'wet windows', after 11 months I may get this fixed next week.

Thanks.

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Well, just been to the dealers, who after much prevaracation, admitted that there is a problem, but insist that there's no official fix from Seat technical, so "will have a look at the seals, but if we have to strip the doors, we're not sure that warranty will pay us for the labour (2hrs)."
To say that I'm less than impressed is an understatment, is there a web link to the official fix??? I just wish that some of the dealers would read this forum, they might get a clue as to why their service department is unaware of any issues with their products...

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise