what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I updated my Radio Station Database today, from 1.10.10 to 1.10.48.
I'm wondering why this needs to be done, surely the radio will search for all stations that are available?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I'm wondering why this needs to be done, surely the radio will search for all stations that are available?

This database keeps station logos, to be shown in the infotainment unit.
The new version should have newly added or changed logos.
Sorry if you already knew and I misunderstood your post.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Hi.... how did you do this, please?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
This database keeps station logos, to be shown in the infotainment unit.
The new version should have newly added or changed logos.
Sorry if you already knew and I misunderstood your post.
I did kind of think that, but the Logos have not appeared on my station presets, I know I can manually update them from files stored on an SD card but it's a bit of a faff.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I did kind of think that, but the Logos have not appeared on my station presets, I know I can manually update them from files stored on an SD card but it's a bit of a faff.

Did you ever try to push & hold on a station preset button for a couple of seconds?
That should bring the related logo in place.

• Wow
Reactions: Walone

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Ordered new Track Specific Mintex Pads (Mintex F4R Pads not for road use) and some Ferodo DS Performance – Mono 6 for daily drive use as the Mintex pads I was using for the road have now been discontinued which is a shame as they were much better than the Ferodo but the adverts do say they (Ferodo) have a new compound so will have to see how they last/cope compared to the old DS2500 (Which on the track worked well but did not last long at all)

While I was at it I also ordered a pair of Racingline Adjustable Camber Rear Control Arms - VAG MQB so that I can adjust the rear camber to match the front setup and it will also give me the ability to change the setup easily once i have been out on the track with the new setup.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Painted the Seat logo and Cupra flag on my steering wheel black.
IMG_0700.jpeg

Reactions: tracktoy

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Bought a braking upgrade, new calipers with Mintex MRM1801 pads, made a start on sound deadening under the rear seat and in the boot, still got some bits to finish off, missis has driven the car on the motorway and she noticed the difference 😮 even commented the music sounds better, normally she cant hear the difference in anything

Attachments

• IMG_9839.jpeg
    IMG_9839.jpeg
    790.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9796.jpeg
    IMG_9796.jpeg
    917.1 KB · Views: 48

TrivialT

Mar 9, 2021
Changed the 3 cheap glow plugs today. No issues, used some penetrating oil yesterday and today, and got her warm before going to work. Can anyone recommend the best place to get hold of the glow plug with the pressure sensor, I believe the part no is 03L905061K. Also not sure how important it is to match the last letter, seems to be many variants. Any advice welcome.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Changed the 3 cheap glow plugs today. No issues, used some penetrating oil yesterday and today, and got her warm before going to work. Can anyone recommend the best place to get hold of the glow plug with the pressure sensor, I believe the part no is 03L905061K. Also not sure how important it is to match the last letter, seems to be many variants. Any advice welcome.
The last letter indicates a revised part, the later the later the later the revision, so the latest one would be best, but all should fit.
As for where to get it, i would shop around reputable vendors (gsf, eurocarparts,main dealer etc) to see who has it the cheapest. Avoid ebay/amazon etc as they will be some cheap chinese crap.

TrivialT

Mar 9, 2021
The last letter indicates a revised part, the later the later the later the revision, so the latest one would be best, but all should fit.
As for where to get it, i would shop around reputable vendors (gsf, eurocarparts,main dealer etc) to see who has it the cheapest. Avoid ebay/amazon etc as they will be some cheap chinese crap.
Thanks. GSF don't have them, EuroCP want £146 for one. I'll keep looking.

Don't know whether to try RealOem.parts for 86.68€ including shipping. About half of what EuroCP want.

Last edited:

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Today I've tested few new ambient lights for my car. It's a bit tedious job to make them work without knowing to which group each light belongs, but fortunately I was able to light them up and control their brightness with color from Infotainment screen :cool:

NS0l0Yz.jpeg

Reactions: Holdup
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise