MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
Sorry for the dodgy info! I assumed it was the replicas you were talking about, sorry! I personally would prefer original alloys because the replicas are renowned for being poor quality. but its up to you!

andycupra

status subject to change
my experience of RS6 replicas is not good either.
but if you make sure you get them from somewhere that will help if you have issues then it should be ok.

If a member of this forum (who says they 'deal in alloys') offers you some, please dont buy from them.

Last edited:

jonisginger

Oct 19, 2008
Yeah the earlier TT wheels seem to be 5x100. F****ng irritating because the new RS4 wheels are the absolute bollocks.

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
I like the R8 Wheels over the RS4's both a similarish look! tbh places like Rochford tyres seem to be a fairly well established company and relatively local for me. If I were to buy replicas it would be from a company like them!

wolfeman1

I know this question isn't exactly what this thread is about, but i've got Mk1 leon 1.4 at the moment i got 16inch alloys just got 17x7inch, will these just go right on without any probs or arch catching, or needing spacers?? :help:

andycupra

status subject to change
The LCR ones? What happened?

hi,

this is where it would appear that some are good and some not.
the ones you sourced were fine, (these were 8Jx18") however after a slightly bending a couple of them i got a complete new set which is where the problems started:
they would not balance and 2 of the 4 cleary oscilated by around 6mm when spun on the hub. Inspection showed the remaining two did also but to a less extent.
Sad thing is these were sourced through a SCN forum member who 'deals in alloys', who ignored my attempts to contact him once he realised i had an issue and wasnt looking to buy more alloys and was not prepared to replace them. But would sell me more...
Seems you cant trust anyone anymore.

So it would appear that there are good suppliers and poor suppliers. I do know of a few people that have found they have bent replica alloys but swear they have not hit anything.

Im currently looking at getting some new alloys and hesitating on which ones to get. So anyone whos got experiences of good / bad suppliers let us know.

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
hi,

this is where it would appear that some are good and some not.
the ones you sourced were fine, (these were 8Jx18") however after a slightly bending a couple of them i got a complete new set which is where the problems started:
they would not balance and 2 of the 4 cleary oscilated by around 6mm when spun on the hub. Inspection showed the remaining two did also but to a less extent.
Sad thing is these were sourced through a SCN forum member who 'deals in alloys', who ignored my attempts to contact him once he realised i had an issue and wasnt looking to buy more alloys and was not prepared to replace them. But would sell me more...
Seems you cant trust anyone anymore.

So it would appear that there are good suppliers and poor suppliers. I do know of a few people that have found they have bent replica alloys but swear they have not hit anything.

Im currently looking at getting some new alloys and hesitating on which ones to get. So anyone whos got experiences of good / bad suppliers let us know.

Can you name and shame? or is that against the rules!?

In truth I've heard nothing but bad news about replicas especially the rs8 replicas etc. The paint/laquer on them seems to weather very very quickly.

flame_88

rs6 wheels

just wondering if any one has rs6 wheels on there leon and if the stud pattern is the same?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
which style of RS6?

the old version on the silver car or the newer ones on the blue car?

3746092506_23ae799119.jpg

flame_88

the old ones. was thinkin of replicas but would prefer genuine.

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members