Status
Not open for further replies.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Mondello Park has issued the following statement:

‘Mondello Park and BARC/TOCA have agreed that for 2007 Mondello Park’s British Touring Car Championship round will be run at Thruxton Racing Circuit in Andover by the BARC. This decision was reached by mutual consent, after it became apparent there were some logistical issues surrounding the support package for 2007.

Commenting on the announcement, John Morris of Mondello Park said “time is marching on and we all needed to finalise our calendars for next year. This is for 2007 only and BARC are running our round at Thruxton, we intend to host our own BTCC round again in 2008. There were a number of factors that influenced the decision for next year and we could have gone on for another month trying to make it happen and still have ended up with the same result. We decided it was better all round to reach a definitive agreement now, in order that we could all complete our respective calendars and offer our competitors dates for 2007”.

Dennis Carter of BARC said “obviously we will miss the trip to Mondello in 2007, but we will be working together to return in 2008”.

The announcement means that Mondello Park can now finalise its 2007 calendar which will be issued once it has been agreed by Motorsport Ireland. The British Touring Car Championship calendar can now also be finalised and the revised calendar will be issued shortly by the BARC/TOCA.’

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I hope they don't run two weekends at thruxton... nice circuit, but there's better to do twice

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it's good once a year, and has a place (so the cars with better aero can win) but it's not good for spectating as 75% of it is flat out accelerating.

the facilities are lame too - especially the pit set up.

And I bet they skimp on Rockingham again - which is a terrible shame

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Provisional calendar is out:

29 March-1 April, Brands Hatch, Kent
21-22 April, TBA (Will more than likely be Silverstone after F1 calendar is finalised)
5-6 May, Thruxton, Hampshire
2-3 June, Croft, North Yorkshire
23-24 June, Oulton Park, Cheshire
14-15 July, Donington Park, Leicestershire
28-29 July, Snetterton, Norfolk
18-19 August, Brands Hatch, Kent
1-2 September, Knockhill, Fife
13-14 October, Thruxton, Hampshire

Thruxton in October doesn't bear thinking about. :blink:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Season finale at Thruxton doesn't either.......

inagine all the traffic pouring into the field to park up and the facilities straining, and people up to their knee's in mud as the lack of seating becomes apparent.

very poor score.

I still stand by 'whats wrong with rockingham' that place rocks and sits so many people and has parking for all.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Oulton in June, that'll be a warm then :) or it will snow. :p

Thruxton season finale will be daft, it was hard enough getting out of there after a normal BTCC meeting.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I still stand by 'whats wrong with rockingham' that place rocks and sits so many people and has parking for all.

I've only been the once, but would much rather go there than Thruxton for a second time. There's only so much you can see at Thruxton due to it's size and it being an airport.

Looks like the first meeting supports the A1GP races. That'll be fun....:sleeping:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yup, Rockingham have planning issues (seems daft given the same council allowed them to build the bloody thing....)

6 race weekends a year, and I think they use the oval racers for that mostly. such a waste.

I think I'd sooner see repeat rounds at almost any of the venue's apart from knockhill, thruxton, croft & snetterton. (I know that doesn't leave many...)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
for sure - tracks with an alternative configuration :)

Silverstone, Oulton, Brands fall into this. That way you can have a 'different' race at the same place.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Would be nice to visit Oulton twice for sure. Maybe using the Fosters short circuit or the Full circuit inc Shell Oils (that would be so much fun to watch)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Echoing the comments above, Thruxton is a good circuit - but twice and as the finale in October!? Like m0rk's said - why not choose a circuit with an alternate configuration. It's also irritating they won't/can't do Rockingham :(

Status
Not open for further replies.